100% sure now

100% sure now

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:28 am

Sammy is reported to have said that after the weekend that he was 80% sure of what his team would be for the seasons opener v Wycombe.

After last nights showing he must now be 100% sure of his starting 11.

Of those who featured(?) last night only 2 can be guaranteed a place. Messrs Roach and Adams with Howe possibly the 3rd depending on his fitness levels.

As for the others Messrs Drummond, Stanley, Yates, Mcstay and Curtis will probably be in contention for a place on the subs bench alongwith Blinks if Howe gets the nod.

Sammy has said he's still on the lookout for a couple of new players. If so, please, please let one of those be a solid defender with pace, 'cause we are sadly lacking in that department despite it being claimed to be an area that needed attention during the close season.

On a more encouraging note, cast your minds back to the season when we thrashed Wolves pre-season only to struggle against relegation that same year. Maybe last night gave Sammy the ammunition he needed to say to some 'thanks for everything, but time to move on'......

Saturday has to see an entirely different team ethic and approach.....surely?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: 100% sure now

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:30 am

CC who would you have at right back?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 am

Certainly not Yates. In the first 5 minutes he went on walkabouts like he did at Darlington last season albeit 2 minutes to go.

I'd give Parrish the birth. At least he's got some pace and overlaps with Neil W.

Cental defensive pairing of Jimbo and Arts, but would prefer somebody alongside Jimbo with a bit of pace and better distribution. Mind you, Arts started last season absolutely superbly. Then seemed to get an injury and wasn't the same.

Up front O'Carroll and Howe. Although they haven't partnered each other in a game to date, each has qualities to compliment the other.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:45 am

Christies Child wrote:Certainly not Yates. In the first 5 minutes he went on walkabouts like he did at Darlington last season albeit 2 minutes to go.

I'd give Parrish the birth. At least he's got some pace and overlaps with Neil W.

Cental defensive pairing of Jimbo and Arts, but would prefer somebody alongside Jimbo with a bit of pace and better distribution. Mind you, Arts started last season absolutely superbly. Then seemed to get an injury and wasn't the same.

Up front O'Carroll and Howe. Although they haven't partnered each other in a game to date, each has qualities to compliment the other.

I think for the first game at Wycombe Sammy will use a 5 man midfield with a lone striker (Howe)

I will go for
Roche
Parrish Bentley Artell Adams
McLatchlan (defensive midfielder)
Wainwright Carr Stanley(or Drummond) Curtis
Howe

Subs Davies O'Carroll Hunter McStay Drummond(or Stanley)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:49 am

There'll be no Davies IF the ref reports him for last nights sending off. Automatic ban. Not sure if it's 1 or 3 games.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am

Christies Child wrote:There'll be no Davies IF the ref reports him for last nights sending off. Automatic ban. Not sure if it's 1 or 3 games.

think they take effect after 7 days so he will miss Forest.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby sgt major » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:43 am

To be fair to Adam Yates - he has had cartilage surgery this summer so I wouldnt expect him to firing on all cylinders just yet.
sgt major

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:50 am

[quote="Christies Child"]Certainly not Yates. In the first 5 minutes he went on walkabouts like he did at Darlington last season albeit 2 minutes to go.

I have to say I think it's since that game that Sammy has started to think about replacing him.

However Yates played more games last season than anyother player so he can't be that bad to be picked every game.

Bury fans did say Parish is better at Right back than CB I agree CC if Yates is out of favour then I would have Parish at RB.

I also think that away from home it will be a 5 man midfield with Howe as the target man (now we have a big bloke it might work) and this is where Fraser will get his chance to show us what he can do.

I am still worried about the left wing position though.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby The Fury » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 am

Roach

Wainright Hunter Drummond Carr

O'Carroll Howe

Subs: Blinkhorn, Curtis, Stanley, McStay, Twiss

In this formation we aren't playing with an out and out left winger and it is likely that Carr will roam into central attacking midfield areas with Hunter operating in a defensive midfield role. In this instance, it almost becomes a diamond formation. Sammy tried this a couple of times in pre-season (assuming I observed correctly!) with Wainwright flitting between the left and right of midfield. I think if we do do this though - and Wainwright starts on the right - then we are reliant on Danny Adams powering up the left touchline. Well, let's just say there's more chance of him giving birth.
The Fury

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:25 pm

id hazard a guess on predictoshrimp..............

Roach
Wainwright Hunter McLachlan Carr
Howe O'Carroll

if theyre all fit of course
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:10 pm

For me...

_________________Roach_________________
Parrish______Bentley______Artell______Adams
Wainwright__Drummond___McLachlan_____Carr
____________Blinkhorn___O'Carroll__________

I'd prefer Drummie alongside McLachlan or Hunter, so there is a 'passer' and a 'terrier' together but I don't think that will actually be how it starts. Up front, I think this will be the pairing that starts although with Howe getting goals in pre-season, he perhaps should be the one to begin? I think (injuries excepted) that Howe & O'Carroll will be the most frequent pairing.

...and I'm about 3% sure of that! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:21 pm

for me i would have

________________Scott________________
Parrish______Bentley______Artell______Yates
Taylor_______stanley______Twiss_____Carr
____________Blinkhorn_____Howe__________

Subs: Hunter, Curtis, Drummond, McStay, Roche
i-love-mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:39 pm

i-love-mfc wrote:for me i would have

Is that team based on looks by any chance Barbie? :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Some good formations in there but where's the new fella 'Simon Wiles'?
Has he been sent packing? Bloody hope not :o
As long as they keep the Parrish-Bentley-Artell-Adams rearguard in place as long as is possible I can see us doing very well this season, we have enough strength in depth in all other positions now.
HALMA 1983

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
i-love-mfc wrote:for me i would have

Is that team based on looks by any chance Barbie? :lol:

haha ofcorse not
i-love-mfc

Postby red shrimp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:54 pm

roach

parrish bentley mcstay adams

drummond stanley

wainwright carr

o'carrol howe

that got to be the best 11 , in my view that is a good league2 team....

c'mon u shrimps.... top half finish no problem
red shrimp

Postby admiral47 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Is it only me who thinks Adams should lose at least 2 stone- he looks less fit than I have seen him before. I know he is a quality footballer but if I was Sammy I would be telling him to sort his weight out.
admiral47

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:36 am

admiral47 wrote:Is it only me who thinks Adams should lose at least 2 stone- he looks less fit than I have seen him before. I know he is a quality footballer but if I was Sammy I would be telling him to sort his weight out.

Apparently Sammy did before the break. :?
morecambe mick

Postby Aspers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 am

Judging by comments and reports my team would be.
Roach,

Parrish, Bentley Artell Adams

Wainwright Drummond Twiss Carr

Howe O'Carroll

Hunter Blinkhorn Stanley mcStay Scott.
Aspers

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:32 am

admiral47 wrote:Is it only me who thinks Adams should lose at least 2 stone- he looks less fit than I have seen him before. I know he is a quality footballer but if I was Sammy I would be telling him to sort his weight out.

I'm about to start my drive towards this goal myself, Room emptied downstairs with Bench & free weights set up
Squat rack, Turbo cycle and pro rowing machine, Mountain bike serviced and dusted off for use for commuting to and from work the rest of the summer holidays.
The main change has been to leave the ale alone and change the diet (sorry my favourite pie ladies) hopefully i'll be able to do what Danny obviously doesn't want to do but then again he's one hell of a player and most of the folk on here who claim to be much fitter than he is couldn't cover half the ground he does on that pitch :lol:
Overweight or not he'd always be one of the first on my teamsheet ;)
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion