We are "No Longer Little Morecambe"

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:52 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 273442.stm

I can't decide if he actually means it :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: We are "No Longer Little Morecambe"

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 pm

He has to say that as we always do well against his teams.

I do agree with him and also agreed with the Bradford fan the other day who said people on here still think we are little Morecambe and we should just be happy finishing 3rd from bottom every season.

I don't think our Chairman sees us as little Morecambe who are punching above our weight, don't really deserve to be here and we should be happy to finish 3rd from bottom every season.
The work done by the board show that they want us to stay here and to progress over the next few years with the main goal of bringing League 1 football to the new stadium. For showing that attitude they should be applauded as they could have quite easily said like some people on here "well look where we were 10 years ago, we are only little old Morecambe lets just try and stay up and see how long we can last in the league".
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Curly » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm pretty sure he's being genuine, I don't think anyone comes here thinking "this is three points in the bag".
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby JamesGlen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:46 pm

have to agree with all simpson said really, bout team spirit comes from winning games and not going out on assault course's, plus bout our forward line, sooner or later were going to click and give someone a right good hiding!! Mullin imo is the best at what he does outside the prem/championship
JamesGlen

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 pm

I think the last couple of years teams have played us and thought well its only Morecambe we should beat them but now we are in our 3rd season in the leauge people are looking at us and seeing some of our results and the players we have and think we are no longer a side who are punching above our weight we don't go into games just hoping to get something other teams now are starting to see us as a real though game and thats the way it should be
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:10 pm

I like the "little morecambe" tag. It means opponents are still taking us lightly and that's no bad thing. Simpson is spot on to say we're a league two side in our own right now. And while we may not be "happy" to finish third bottom, that is the minimum standard required. The club is however, in terms of ambition and forward thinking, a lot bigger than the town it's in.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby lancasterlivi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:01 pm

bigreddog wrote:I like the "little morecambe" tag. It means opponents are still taking us lightly and that's no bad thing. Simpson is spot on to say we're a league two side in our own right now. And while we may not be "happy" to finish third bottom, that is the minimum standard required. The club is however, in terms of ambition and forward thinking, a lot bigger than the town it's in.

i think the tag "cream of the west end" is more akin to what you should be called :lol:
lancasterlivi

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 pm

this Little Morecambe tag is not just with football, hell!! I've done a fair bit of traveling, Morecambe is so slagged off unnecessarily

i cant begin to explain am so proud to be born in Morecambe aswell as my mother and i know this is drunk talk but fcuk em ;) :P :lol: 8-)
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 pm

it's worth listening to the actual clip, not just reading the quotes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion