Michael Twiss

Michael Twiss

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm

He has not been given a mention but I feel that he deserves one he is looking a hell a lot better of a player this season I think we are starting to see a little bit of the old Twissy coming back
heysham_mfc

Re: Micheal Twiss

Postby stantheman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:He has not been given a mention but I feel that he deserves one he is looking a hell a lot better of a player this season I think we are starting to see a little bit of the old Twissy coming back

I agree he did well when he came on against Bradford.

Would like to see him shoot more when he has sight of goal.
stantheman

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:21 pm

stantheman wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:He has not been given a mention but I feel that he deserves one he is looking a hell a lot better of a player this season I think we are starting to see a little bit of the old Twissy coming back

I agree he did well when he came on against Bradford.

Would like to see him shoot more when he has sight of goal.

he's done well every game ive seen him this season, but Jevons&Mullin are working well together so far

for me id like to see Twiss on the left midfield/wing with Wilson at leftback both left footed crossing first time balls
George Dawes

Postby eggchaser » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 pm

DawZi wrote:he's done well every game ive seen him this season, but Jevons&Mullin is working well so far

for me id like to see Twiss on the left midfield/wing with Wilson at leftback both naturally left footed crossing first time balls

I think that would work well, SMc would have to play a 4-4-2 for that though I can't see him in any other position than upfront when we play a 5-3-2 and like you said Jevons and Mullin are working well together and he would struggle to get in the team, but i would definately like to see him as a left winger.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby parceldave » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 pm

He has done well every game this season and deserves more time on the pitch than the last 10 mins, when he last played a full game just before Mullin got here , he scored a cracker that no other player is capable of.Jevons always seems to me to fade away in second half and i dont think he's League 1 standard. Mullin is very good with his head but his shooting aint so good and probably 1 reason why we haven't scored from open play in last couple of games. Get Twissy on , probably our best ever goal scorer and probably the scorer of our best ever goal. ;)
parceldave

Postby ezz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I'd be happy with Shrimpers idea on another therad, giving Craney 60-70mins wher ehe's at his best then bring Twiss on when Craney tires as he tends too.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 am

just a shame that Sammy wont bring him on untill the 85th minuite
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:50 am

Twissy plays his best when he's up front. That's where he's been used this season and that's why he's been back to something like his best.

He has covered reasonably well left midfield but you can tell he doesn't really see himself there and Michael's a confidence player. He'll graft and do a job wherever he's put but it's up front where he really performs.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:11 am

shrimper wrote:Twissy plays his best when he's up front. That's where he's been used this season and that's why he's been back to something like his best.

He has covered reasonably well left midfield but you can tell he doesn't really see himself there and Michael's a confidence player. He'll graft and do a job wherever he's put but it's up front where he really performs.

Correct and I.M.O. you can say the same for Wayne 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parkyboy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Put him in an attacking midfeild position just behind the main strikers and he will be a provider and a scorer tomorrow 3 0 shrimps
parkyboy

Postby dave wilky » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:16 pm

parkyboy wrote:Put him in an attacking midfeild position just behind the main strikers and he will be a provider and a scorer tomorrow 3 0 shrimps

IS THE CORRECT ANSWER......... :D
Been thinking the same all season.........
dave wilky

Return to General Discussion