Barry Roache

Barry Roache

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:19 pm

A Disgrace....! As well as the referee.

Oh well entertaining game which i thought we edged on chances alone, obviously that is my opinion..! We have to be happy as our unbeaten run goes on, and we have laid yet another ghost from the past by getting at least something from Christie Park..!

All the best for the remainder of the season, see you at VP...:)

Dan
BCFC Morecambe

Re: Barry Roache

Postby George Dawes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:59 am

was a very entertaining 0 - 0 id say a better result for you lot a point away from home

oh and the referee you always get one like that now n again :|

good luck with your season aswell, you never know might see you at Wembeley ;)
George Dawes

Postby John L » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 am

BCFC Morecambe wrote:A Disgrace....!

Yeah, for being so damn good and not gifting you any goals. Never mind, eh? :lol:
John L

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 am

John L wrote:
BCFC Morecambe wrote:A Disgrace....!

Yeah, for being so damn good and not gifting you any goals. Never mind, eh? :lol:

I was actually referring to the way he went down as though he had been shot by a sniper in the distance, rolled about pretending to be injured, then managed to get up and take the free kick himself after receiving treatment (yh right) on his kicking foot.

Not forgetting the amateur dramatics of wincing and rubbing his leg every time he realised how unprofessional he had been..!

Still its all about opinions, the proof will be if the red card get recinded..! then again i doubt Atwell has the b4lls to do so, as that would be implying he got it totally wrong AGAIN..!

:)
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Mark S » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 am

I think we all agree about the poor refereeing Dan. We had two clear penalties turned down, the second one a blind man on a galloping horse would have given. We were victims of his earlier harsh decision on the sending off. Having made a poor dcision and realising, he 'evened it up.

Barry went down because he got hurt. At that moment Barry could not have known whether the inept Ref would wave play on and for you to go on and score in an empty net. He is not the type of guy to go down play acting and take a gamble.

One think we will all agree on is that we got our moneys worth. A fantastic match! Not often you can say that about a 0-0 is it?

Good luck and see you at your place.
Mark S

Postby shrimper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:10 am

There is absolutely no way on this earth that Roche would ever feign injury. He's a huge brute of a bloke and as honest as the day is long. He'd rather play on with a broken neck than admit he'd been hurt - that's keepers for you.

Have you never had a whack on your leg that hurts like hell as soon as it happens then wears off after a few minutes and a bit of a rub? A whack on the thigh or shin can hurt a lot but doesn't necessarily stop you walking, running or kicking afterwards like, for instance, a knee or ankle injury might - simple physiology mate.

Can't comment on the sending off as I didn't see what it was (supposedly) for.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby The Bay » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

Sammy said that according to Barry, it could have been nasty if it wasn't for his shin pad.

Shrimper has it spot on too.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 pm

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Big guy, brute, honest, say what you like i was 20 feet away from the incident itself and know exactly what i saw.
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Gnasher » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:16 pm

One has to assume the ref knew exactly what he saw as well. Maybe the video highlights will clear it up.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby ockers » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 pm

im sure barry will give us his version in this saturdays match programme
and no doubt nursing a sore leg on his rest day
ockers

Postby Posh » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

BCFC Morecambe wrote:I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Big guy, brute, honest, say what you like i was 20 feet away from the incident itself and know exactly what i saw.

I was directly in line with it in the Main Stand. The Bradford player went in to get the ball with one foot up, trying to get the ball and caught Barry on the shin. I thought it was a genuine attempt to get the ball and he probably should have been cautioned at worst. It wasn't a sending off. Barry though did get a good thump on the leg and he never milked it.

The ref was the problem. As soon as the tackle was made the ref was moving to the Bradford player. Two minutes later we get a cast iron penalty and he turns it down probably because he thought he'd even things up (it doesn't work that way). As for the yellow card for Lawrence Wilson I hope we appeal - it was the cleanest tackle of the night. Two clear penalties for us yet Bradford fans think they were hard done by. Figure that one out.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Gnasher » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm

As for the yellow card for Lawrence Wilson I hope we appeal - it was the cleanest tackle of the night

I didn't think you could appeal a single yellow?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Dazzer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Gnasher wrote:I didn't think you could appeal a single yellow?

I think it's only on the grounds of mistaken identity you can appeal a yellow
Dazzer

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 pm

From TheFA.com

Yellow cards can be recinded by referees within 48 hours of the match and, as they are not subject to appeal from clubs or review by the Video Advisory Panel, the only way they can be overturned is for the referee to do so of his own volition.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion