league table

league table

Postby Abbo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:25 pm

After 10 games there is only 1 other team to have won less games than us and there at the bottom of the league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Re: league table

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Abbo wrote:After 10 games there is only 1 other team to have won less games than us and there at the bottom of the league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The words 'are Darlington.' have been missed out after 'league.' :lol:

In the same vein..after 10 games there are NO teams that have lost less than Morecambe.
Alan

Postby steve mfc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Abbo wrote:After 10 games there is only 1 other team to have won less games than us and there at the bottom of the league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand there is no team that has lost less games than us ;)
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:24 am

this season reminds me so much of last season, i just hope we have a better second half this time round for a play-off finish

i still have faith in our squad
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 am

And?
campdave

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 am

After 10 games, we've played six games against the top nine teams. Only three games against the bottom nine (other than us obviously).

Following our next couple of matches, we will have played eight of the current top nine. If we pull out another couple of points from those matches and get to 12 games with "only 1 other team to have won less games than us", then I'll be happy.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:01 am

If anyone had looked forward to a a series of fixtures that read:

Chesterfield (A)
Rochdale (H)
Rotherham (A)
Notts Co (H)
Daggers (A)
Bradford (H)

and honestly thought we'd get at least a point from every single one of those, then they would have been described as having specs tinted with the most rosy roses the world of roses has ever seen.

A few weeks ago I looked at the fixtures for the next few months and said we should bite the bullet and not panic if we didn't get much at all out of all those. My worry was that people would start panicking and saying silly things about the team and management when, on paper, it was a very very tough line-up.

'On paper' the fixtures ease up a bit in October and November but, of course, no game is easy. If we show the same commitment and hard work in those games, though, we should be able to pick up a few more wins and the position will look more healthy.

These past few weeks have been about shoring up the defence, which we've done, and getting whatever we could out of very difficult games, which we've done a lot better than anyone could have expected.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Yes Glen if you look at those fixtures they are difficult but winable as we beat Notts Co and were 3-0 up against Rochdale. I would have much sooner we had won 3 and lost 3 with more points on the table and a win allways does your confidence a lot of good. Its no good everyone bleeting on about an unbeaten run if your not going to win any of those games , we could be unbeaten after the next 10 games and still be only on 20 pts. You only have to look at Bury for a perfect example won 5 lost 5 and 15pts and 9 places above us . ;)
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:12 am

A series of draws against the likes of Lincoln, Northampton, Cheltenham at home and Torquay, Crewe and Darlington away (all coming up before Christmas) WOULD be seen completely differently from the draws we've got over the past month and a half.

None of those games will be easy but most people would accept that they look a little less daunting than our recent run of fixtures.

IF we do only average a point a game from those then, yes, I'll be less happy than I am now.

I suspect we WILL win some and lose some against those sides because we will be a bit more adventurous and 'have a go'. I'm happy with the points we've got recently because, just as you comment about winning being good for confidence, so is being unbeaten. It gives you something to build on.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion