Shrimps V Bradford

Re: Shrimps V Bradford

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Marti - I can see how you would come to that conclusion but think you're misjudging it.

You've got to look at when people say things like 'we're punching above our weight' and 'we're lucky to be where we are, we're only a small-town club' and stuff.

It's usually when A) Our own fans are having a go at the management and team after a run of dodgy results or B) when fans of bigger clubs come on here giving us the 'tinpot' wind-up.

We are ambitious and we want to progress as far as we can. What's the point otherwise?

But we are realistic and know that for a club like ours (and there's nothing wrong with realising what we are) progress above our current position is not guaranteed and we will all have to work hard to achieve it.

What would you prefer - a set of fans from a club like Morecambe who mouthed off about winning the league and started calling for the manager's head and the board's dismissal if we don't win every game?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:09 pm

DawZi wrote:i 2nd that, i just wished we'd brought Duffy on earlier :|

It's really strange. When you are listening to the commentary (which was very good by the way) you have a picture of the game in your mind. From the commentary, and the picture in my head, Duffy didn't really add much when he came on. And while Morecambe Player was down, I had to endure Bradford Player. During these periods, Bradford were battering us, yet when Morecambe Player was working, we were battering them...

...funny old game?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:i 2nd that, i just wished we'd brought Duffy on earlier :|

It's really strange. When you are listening to the commentary (which was very good by the way) you have a picture of the game in your mind. From the commentary, and the picture in my head, Duffy didn't really add much when he came on. And while Morecambe Player was down, I had to endure Bradford Player. During these periods, Bradford were battering us, yet when Morecambe Player was working, we were battering them...

...funny old game?

well for me we played way to many long balls tonight we couldn't string more than 3 passes together and keep possession

the thing with Duffy he's the only player we have who can run with the ball at pace and take players on! he did just that and looked dangerous a breath of fresh air for the little time he was on for in my opinion

and listening to matches on the radio is good at times just like reading a book you can use your own imagination :D
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 pm

I say again - I would make it a stated tactic to play Craney for an hour or 70 minutes and then bring on either Stanners of Duffy to take the initiative and bring on fresh legs, whatever the state of play in the game.

Craney would know he could give it everything for that period (because he tends to tire anyway) and his replacement would know he was involved in the first team and have enough time to make an impact.

I could also say the same for Jevons and Twiss. Then you keep one sub back in case of injury.

But then that's just my opinion - I'm just a punter and Sammy gets it right nearly all the time.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:27 pm

shrimper wrote:I say again - I would make it a stated tactic to play Craney for an hour or 70 minutes and then bring on either Stanners of Duffy to take the initiative and bring on fresh legs, whatever the state of play in the game.

Craney would know he could give it everything for that period (because he tends to tire anyway) and his replacement would know he was involved in the first team and have enough time to make an impact.

I could also say the same for Jevons and Twiss. Then you keep one sub back in case of injury.

But then that's just my opinion - I'm just a punter and Sammy gets it right nearly all the time.

agree allthough people do not always agree with the team selections Sammy hardly ever gets it wrong
heysham_mfc

Postby marti » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:29 pm

i may have misjudged it-but for those in the locality and yet outside of the club-thats the way it has been portrayed since you entered the league...maybe the citizen/reporter and to a lesser extent national media are still fueling that image.

either way-it was perhaps the most entertaining 0-0 ive seen for some time-albeit i may not actually be able to speak for a few days!!

on another topic-thats not the first time this fixture has received a very poor referee-i remember the same game last year raised the same concerns from both sets of fans. oh and pps-to the FA-is there any chance this fixture can ever be played on a standard 3pm saturday kick off?
marti

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

marti wrote:oh and pps-to the FA-is there any chance this fixture can ever be played on a standard 3pm saturday kick off?

Next season...

...if we don't go up! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Keith wrote:
marti wrote:oh and pps-to the FA-is there any chance this fixture can ever be played on a standard 3pm saturday kick off?

Next season...

...if we don't go up! 8-)

:lol:

and the season after that

untill we go up ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby BHmfc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Bloody hell Shrimper, i think you must have been watching a different game to me. To say that Parrish was a contender for M.O.M when everyone around me (myself included) thought that he was awful, looked weak and was unable to win any 50/50 balls, apart from one tackle in the box late in the first half. Walking away from CP after the game a group of blokes were saying what i was thinking "lets hope Adams is fit for Saturday ".
BHmfc

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 pm

BHmfc wrote:Bloody hell Shrimper, i think you must have been watching a different game to me. To say that Parrish was a contender for M.O.M when everyone around me (myself included) thought that he was awful, looked weak and was unable to win any 50/50 balls, apart from one tackle in the box late in the first half. Walking away from CP after the game a group of blokes were saying what i was thinking "lets hope Adams is fit for Saturday ".

I was sat in the main stand for the Bratfurd game, which gives you a totally different perspective from the North Stand where I am normally.
In my opinion, for what it's worth ;) , I thought Parrish did very well considering he's right footed and with Wilson pushing high up the pitch had, for long periods of the game had two men to mark. Bradford targeted Parrish knowing full well that he didn't normally play there.

You all go on about how it takes time to gel with your team mates and into a position, how many chances has young Mr Parrish had this season, and in how many positions?

Fastest player in our squad, 100 metres in 12 secs :!:

Haining looked a different class, as footballers say. Hope it was not anything too serious :!:
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
BHmfc wrote:Bloody hell Shrimper, i think you must have been watching a different game to me. To say that Parrish was a contender for M.O.M when everyone around me (myself included) thought that he was awful, looked weak and was unable to win any 50/50 balls, apart from one tackle in the box late in the first half. Walking away from CP after the game a group of blokes were saying what i was thinking "lets hope Adams is fit for Saturday ".

I was sat in the main stand for the Bratfurd game, which gives you a totally different perspective from the North Stand where I am normally.
In my opinion, for what it's worth ;) , I thought Parrish did very well considering he's right footed and with Wilson pushing high up the pitch had, for long periods of the game had two men to mark. Bradford targeted Parrish knowing full well that he didn't normally play there.

You all go on about how it takes time to gel with your team mates and into a position, how many chances has young Mr Parrish had this season, and in how many positions?

Haining looked a different class, as footballers say. Hope it was not anything too serious :!:

i rate Parrish loads of potential he's fast comfortable on the ball my only fault with him is he just jumps to early to head the ball at times but that will come with experience
George Dawes

Postby steve mfc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

I would agree with that, Parrish did a commendable job playing what for him is the wrong side of the pitch, personally i would like to see him play right back or wing back, Wilson is a good player but for me he is more of a left sided midfielder than a wing back, he just doesn't get back enough to support the player behind him leaving them often in a two on one situation, be that Parrish or Adams.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

It's all about opinions. When he didn't win any balls in the air he made sure he got to the second ball quicker than his man and brought it out of defence. He made a number of good interceptions and started off attacks from them.

His one mistake was right at the end when he was tracking back trying to see the ball out of play and their lad nicked it off him. Apart from that I can't recall anything else he did wrong. He doesn't 'look' like a strong player but I thought he played well when he came on at Daggers and also on Tuesday night.

Everyone around me said it was between Parrish and Roche for MoM (and at that time I hadn't said anything about him).

There you go, opinions.
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:46 am

I thought that Parrish had a decent game. He seemed to have left his usual prancing around in the changing room for a change. Somebody has clearly had a word with him, never seen him run so much. Long may it continue.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Crooky MFC wrote: Duffy looked awesome when he came on, I'd replace him for Curtis at RWB :| ??

That looks an obvious choice but Duffs just can't defend! can't see Sammy risking that again :?

morecambe mick wrote:I was sat in the main stand for the Bratfurd game, which gives you a totally different perspective from the North Stand where I am normally. :!:

Getting quite a regular now Mick. Nice to have you amongst us old farts :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:24 pm

I would only use Duffy as a replacement for Craney at the moment, flitting about behind a front two.

If he needs another wingback I'd drag Wainwright back from Barrow.
shrimper

Postby parkyboy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:06 pm

If they give Wainwright another 3 full games at Barrow he should be match fit and ready for div 2 action.
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:53 am

shrimper wrote:I would only use Duffy as a replacement for Craney at the moment, flitting about behind a front two.

If he needs another wingback I'd drag Wainwright back from Barrow.

yeah theres a few threads on here with the problem right wingback position, now for me with that job you've got to have a players with legs and good stamina to get up and down with the attack and defend in order for it to work properly

like Wilson does most of the time to good effect, now for me Wainwright who's right footed did a not a bad job most of last season at left-wing back, and for me my first choice in that position especially in home games when you should be attacking

despite Hunter and showing promise and Duffy and Stanley Parrish probably capable of the job certainly more than Curtis from what ive seen
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 am

parkyboy wrote:If they give Wainwright another 3 full games at Barrow he should be match fit and ready for div 2 action.

yeah he seems to be enjoying it there I think after he has finished he loan spell he will be fit enough to play in our first team
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion