Shrimps V Bradford

Re: Shrimps V Bradford

Postby Mark S » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Martin wrote:
Mark S wrote:1 -1 2600

Sorry :(

Mark S wrote:From what I understand from a Bradfordian pal of mine (yes, they do exsist), Bradford have sold only around 500 tickets for this match as the consensus is that its too much hassle to get through to us as the fixture is on a Tuesday night, The M62 is crap, The M6 is poor at the moment with the roadworks and Lancaster is a nightmare to get through.

600 from Bratfud, 1900 from Morecambe.

You might want to check your maths there Mark :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I forgot the 100 Neutrals :D

:oops:

Actually I have upped my prediction to 2,988 ;)
Mark S

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:02 pm

According to their forum they have sold around 1000 tickets
Crooky MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:According to their forum they have sold around 1000 tickets

hope that is correct allways makes a better attmosphere when there is a big away support
heysham_mfc

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Could be a marketting ploy but I doubt it however their web site states all seating tickets at Morecambe are now sold out and a limited number of standing tickets remain which have been selling steadily throughout Monday and supporters are strongly advised to purchase early to avoid disappointment
nobbyshrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 pm

2-1 Shrimps, Craney and Twiss.

2,850, takes into account champions league stay-aways. Hopefully we get more through the gate though.
RedRedWine1

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 pm

4 0 shrimps easy peasy lemon squeesy :shock: 2952
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby ezz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

1-1 or 2-2 maybe, 3174 in attendance.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 am

RedRedWine wrote:
2,850, takes into account champions league stay-aways. Hopefully we get more through the gate though.

Hoping this has less effect this year, as ITV's match is now on Wednesday.

That said, I can't go tonight :oops:
campdave

Postby Lordy99 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Another draw I reckon... most likely 2-2

Attendance... at least 5 in the chat room. 8-)
Lordy99

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Lordy99 wrote:Attendance... at least 5 in the chat room. 8-)

Four at the moment so if you get your arse in gear, you'll be spot on! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Att: 3116

1162 from Bratfud :oops:

Twissy just missed a sitter 'cause he hasnt got a right foot!
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Gareth evans sent off Straight Red for foul on Roachy

Roachy looks in agony
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Roachy back up :)
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Possibly the most thrilling 0 - 0 I have ever seen!

The Ref was awful for both sides.

We should have had a penalty in each half :evil:
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Mark S wrote:Possibly the most thrilling 0 - 0 I have ever seen!

The Ref was awful for both sides.

We should have had a penalty in each half :evil:

i 2nd that, i just wished we'd brought Duffy on earlier :|
George Dawes

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 pm

they bossed it in 2nd half til man sent off,but what has happenend to craney he was diabolical tonight,should have been taken off and stanners on.Why was hunter taken off one of our best players
scalehallshrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm

What happened to the MIGHTY Bratford?
I'm sure we will get some awful excuses :P
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:What happened to the MIGHTY Bratford?
I'm sure we will get some awful excuses :P

The ref will feature heavily in those "excuses".

Rightly too.

Bloody awful reffing tonight, got it wrong so many times both ways.
morecambe mick

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Drummond had an awful game IMO Closey followed by Craney & Jevons. Duffy looked awesome when he came on, I'd replace him for Curtis at RWB :| ??

Dissapointing crowd compared to previous seasons, but I guess this is just another game now, nothing special about it anymore.

ANOTHER draw, is that 7 now? If only a couple of them were wins, we'd be in and around the playoff places.

Bring on Shrewsbury!!
Crooky MFC

Postby Martin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:39 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:they bossed it in 2nd half til man sent off,but what has happenend to craney he was diabolical tonight,should have been taken off and stanners on.Why was hunter taken off one of our best players

I imagine Hunter was Knackered - he only has little legs you know!

Thought the first half was pretty even until they finally sussed out that the left side of our defence was the more vulnerable.

Second half Bradford were causing us problems, but wasting the opportunities when they came. I didn't really see the sending off offence, so I don't know how bad the tackle was. We had a nailed on penalty denied minutes later. Still can't understand why McStay was booked late on for what looked a brilliant tackle.

Roche was his usual brillant self. Hunter and Curtis also played well. I think Twiss must be knocking on the door for a start as he was causing problems again when he came on. Craney and Jevons seemed to mis-fire tonight and I thought drummond had a poor game.

It's another point against an in-form side with what was a weakened team for us. I think it has to be seen as a good point.
Martin

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm

On balance Bradford looked the better side and had two good wide men. Right winger and particularly the left back who was excellent.

They cut us open a few times and it needed some great last-ditch defending and good work from Rochey to keep them out - but that's what defenders and keepers are there for - it's all part of the game.

Thought Parrish had a very good game and it would have been tough if his slight mistake right at the end had cost us, he was a contender for MoM for me.

I'd have brought Craney off at half time and put either Duffy or Stanners on to give us a bit more energy. But having said that he did get involved in a few good moves later on.

We battled hard though and deserved something from the game. Ref got a lot of decisions wrong for both sides. Can't comment on the sending off because I honestly didn't see what it was for.

But a few minutes later Rehman hauled Mullin down in the box, arms round him and grabbing his shirt as he went down. Had he not already sent their lad off that would have been a pen and a red card.

But we got a lot of decisions as well for 'fouls' that I couldn't see much wrong with.

Even at ten men I thought they played well and I'd have settled for a point at any time in the match apart from the very last attack when we were all jumping up to try and head the ball in, Drummy just nodding it over - a video trained on the north stand would have been hilarious, we were all straining our necks and trying to do it for them!

Cracking game - good point for us and hope we can keep that spirit for the games against what should be easier opponents when we can pick up some wins. Nothing's easy, you have to work for it, but you know what I mean.

One last point - Wayne worked hard but I could make a case for bringing Wainwright back, I think he plays the flank slightly better and would give us a bit of trickery going forward.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marti » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 pm

are you lot kidding?

if youd have been playing anybody other than bradford youd have said 'yeah we were lucky to get a point' but no-cos you were playing us its 'oooooh look at little us putting one over on the ''mighty'' bradford' do you not realise you aint the little new boys any more and need to stop playing that card cos no one cares where you were 10 years ago-like no one gives a toss(including me)about where we were 10 years ago.

i have lived in morecambe for over a decade now and am tierd of hearing tales of 'plucky little morecambe mixing it with the big boys' (quotes from your own fans)

i appreciate that youll all jump on here and have a go-but i genuinely hope that when you move to the new stadium that you get over this what appears to outsiders to be a giant killers attitude/issue you have and can go on to progress in the league...but i honestly believe that a lot of the older supporters who have followed you since the year dot-just seem unwilling to give it up.

i am really not having a pop at morecambe-it just is an observation that i have for a long time held and think that its holding you back.
marti

Postby marti » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 pm

ps im a slow typer....shrimpers view was bob on.
marti

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:59 pm

But a few minutes later Rehman hauled Mullin down in the box, arms round him and grabbing his shirt as he went down. Had he not already sent their lad off that would have been a pen and a red card.

from where i was stood behind the goal, i honestly thought he went down to easy, but agree if the ref had have given it straight after the sending off he would have got lynched

One last point - Wayne worked hard but I could make a case for bringing Wainwright back, I think he plays the flank slightly better and would give us a bit of trickery going forward.

i think he's the best player for the right wingback role he didn't do a bad job last year on his WRONG side
Last edited by George Dawes on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Drummond had an awful game IMO Closey followed by Craney & Jevons. Duffy looked awesome when he came on, I'd replace him for Curtis at RWB :| ??

Dissapointing crowd compared to previous seasons, but I guess this is just another game now, nothing special about it anymore.

ANOTHER draw, is that 7 now? If only a couple of them were wins, we'd be in and around the playoff places.

Bring on Shrewsbury!!

Drummy like a few others were ok for first half hour then midfield stopped working and defence was put under more pressure. And again in second half Bradford had lots more possesion and could have scored a few had it not been for some desperate defending and that awful Drummy clearing off the line more than once. It was only when that guy got sent off that we got back into the game.
Very entertaing game though, but another poor ref.
parceldave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion