Sour Grapes from the Daggers????

Sour Grapes from the Daggers????

Postby sgt major » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Just been trawling their forum and have come up with these comments.

All my respect for morecambe has gone out the window today. A hoofball team and were dirty. Plus constant whinging and unsporting behaviour, especially from their front two. They were only ever going to score from a set play today, i just wish we had taken our chances!

The kicking the ball away by Morecambe started at the first whistle. It was like watching a Graham Westley side.

I'm glad I don't watch them every week - to think our supporters used to complain about us being long-ball.

I always had a lot of time for Morecambe but they lost a lot of goodwill today. I'm sure they don't care, but they were really cynical. Saw several dives from them, and countless fouls probably twice as many as were actually given.

They were a horrible side.

If we'd got the penalty in the first half, I think it'd have all been over.

Plus one that makes sense:

Morecombe have started the season poorly, they need points If I were there manager I'd be pleased well pleased.
They played well at our place the last time I saw them, football tends to be put on the back burner, when you are fighting for points, and the fact that they stopped us from play and got the fans upset, will not bother them one bit.
sgt major

Re: Sour Grapes from the Daggers????

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am

Who cares?

We make comments about other teams that their fans probably find objectionable after most matches too.
campdave

Postby ockers » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 am

always love listening to this bloke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 265545.stm

this is the best summary from the daggers
ockers

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Well he saw a different game than I did then, the 1 questional/dirty foul was in the 2nd half !!!ref amd 1 lino gave virtually nothing to us and has for hoofing it thats mostly what they did anyway !!!
Why should they have had a pen in the 1st half ?

One blinkered daggers fan there me thinks :o
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Adrian (Daggers) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 pm

The penalty would have been for Bentley shoving Scott over in the area (at the second attempt).

Craneys foul on Thurgood was one of the nastiest I've seen in over 15 years of watching football.
Drummonds dive for the penalty was scandalous.
Adrian (Daggers)

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Adrian (Daggers) wrote:Drummonds dive for the penalty was scandalous.

:lol: Watch the highlights pal, clear penalty.
Crooky MFC

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Jesus Adrian if that was one of the nastiest fouls you've seen you must have slept most of the time then !! whilst I agree it was a bad tackle I've seen worse also if the ref had have blown for the foul on Craney 1st it wouldn't have happened !!
As for Bentley shoving well it works both ways just thats he's harder to push over :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Adrian (Daggers) wrote:The penalty would have been for Bentley shoving Scott over in the area (at the second attempt).

Craneys foul on Thurgood was one of the nastiest I've seen in over 15 years of watching football.

why on earth would he dive. If he gets past Roberts he walks it into an empty net !!

Could be that getting round Roberts involves having to go into another county !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Curly » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Adrian (Daggers) wrote:The penalty would have been for Bentley shoving Scott over in the area (at the second attempt).

Roberts shouldn't have been able to stay on the pitch.
If Drummond dived, he get booked,
Roberts should have been sent off.
(By the way, i still think Roberts is a star, a true ambassador for football banter if his team are winning ;) )
Doesn't have the same ring about it Mick :lol:
Last edited by Curly on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Adrian, if you haven't got anything nice too say... don't say anything at all.. now let me go and self harm.. :(
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:15 pm

No Curly you are wrong. He is not an ambassador for football banter - if his team are losing.

Had you been there last season you would have seen a completely different Tony Roberts, nothing at all came from him, because they were losing - nothing at all.
morecambe mick

Postby dagger321 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Mmmmm, some interesting comments.

I thought the ''foul'' on Scott was one of those shoulder barges you sometimes get and sometimes you don't. On this occasion we didn't get a penalty.

As for your penalty, l thought your player pushed the ball too far past Roberts and reralised the chance was going and opted to try for the panalty instead. Roberts didn't touch the ball and going down in front of your player was asking for trouble. Again, sometimes they are given, sometimes the're not.

As for Craney's foul, l've seen worse, but it was bad.
For me, what made it unacceptable was the clear intent to foul Thurgood, which probably deserved a red card.

Anyway, l thought you played reasonably well. Your midfield caused us a lot of trouble running through and not being picked up. You were well organised and l can see you climbing the table.
dagger321

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

dagger321 wrote:Mmmmm, some interesting comments.

I thought the ''foul'' on Scott was one of those shoulder barges you sometimes get and sometimes you don't. On this occasion we didn't get a penalty.

As for your penalty, l thought your player pushed the ball too far past Roberts and reralised the chance was going and opted to try for the panalty instead. Roberts didn't touch the ball and going down in front of your player was asking for trouble. Again, sometimes they are given, sometimes the're not.

For me, what made it unacceptable was the clear intent to foul Thurgood, which probably deserved a red card.

Anyway, l thought you played reasonably well. Your midfield caused us a lot of trouble running through and not being picked up. You were well organised and l can see you climbing the table.

well thankyou, nice to see a positive post from a rival, 8-) 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 pm

dagger321 wrote:Mmmmm, some interesting comments.

Spot on.

Roberts did make contact but I think Stewart left his foot there to make sure he did.
But, having given it, it was a definite red card - denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Ref waved play on for a few that I thought were fouls against us and the liner waved every time Mullin went up for the ball. I didn't see any of those as fouls, just competing for the ball.

Craney should have walked too, it was a lunge. He had been clearly fouled seconds earlier, one of numerous that the ref just waved on, but that's no excuse.

We weren't dirty at all. They committed as many fouls as us (though the ref didn't give them all) but it wasn't a particularly dirty game anyway.

I think Sammy has had a gameplan for these few very difficult away games coming thick and fast and so far it's working. We were far more adventurous against Rochdale and Notts and I expect we will be again on Tuesday.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Adrian (Daggers) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:17 am

Crooky MFC wrote:
Adrian (Daggers) wrote:Drummonds dive for the penalty was scandalous.

:lol: Watch the highlights pal, clear penalty.

Wouldn't need to - I was dead in line with it. And having watched them, it was still a dive.
Adrian (Daggers)

Postby Adrian (Daggers) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:19 am

Andy wrote:Jesus Adrian if that was one of the nastiest fouls you've seen you must have slept most of the time then !! :

I've seen plenty of bad tackles, but none that were that deliberate. He had absolutely no intention of trying to play the ball at all - it was sheer luck on his part (or inability) that he didn't cause Thurgood a serious injury. There's no place in football for that sort of thing.
Adrian (Daggers)

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:26 am

Adrian (Daggers) wrote:
Andy wrote:Jesus Adrian if that was one of the nastiest fouls you've seen you must have slept most of the time then !! :

I've seen plenty of bad tackles, but none that were that deliberate. He had absolutely no intention of trying to play the ball at all - it was sheer luck on his part (or inability) that he didn't cause Thurgood a serious injury. There's no place in football for that sort of thing.

It's Monday morning, get over it!!
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Just like several Morecambe fans had got over Campbell's tackle on Panther by the Monday morning?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Just like I got over from hitting the bar from 40 yards out on saturday? :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Andy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Adrian,
IF the ref had given the foul on Craney in the 1st place this would not have happened, while I agree it was a bad tackle it would not have happened if the ref had handled the game better, you seem to have missed that incident !!!!
Back on the spanners
Andy

Return to General Discussion