Match poster for Bradford

Re: Match poster for Bradford

Postby firthy_SexGod » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 pm

ezz wrote:So history doesn't really count for much right now does it?

I never said it did, did I? :roll:

Jeez...... :lol:
firthy_SexGod

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:59 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:

You must have had a bad childhood, that's all I'm saying.
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:20 pm

you may not know, i got told this years ago but i just thought id share some Notts County history seeing they've been mentioned in a above post

Juventus F.C. shirts
The Italian football club Juventus F.C. derived its famous black-and-white striped kits from Notts County. Juventus have played in black and white striped shirts, with white shorts, sometimes black shorts since 1903. Originally, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, which only occurred due to the wrong shirts being sent to them, the father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them.[6] Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts to Turin.[7]

“ Juve have worn the shirts ever since, considering the colours to be aggressive and powerful.[7]
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:

So why say teams come to the great Valley parade to play for a point??? Everyone knows these days your team is awful, you implied through your history of being a 'big' club teams had it in their head you still had a good team...........which we all know just isn't true :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 am

ezz wrote:
firthy_SexGod wrote:

So why say teams come to the great Valley parade to play for a point??? Everyone knows these days your team is awful, you implied through your history of being a 'big' club teams had it in their head you still had a good team...........which we all know just isn't true :lol:

You might just regret that comment come 10.00pm Tuesday night.

We have had a couple of years in this division, but the current crop of players made up of signings from Guiseley, Bamber Bridge, and Cambridge City......have nothing to fear

Playing some really good football at the minute, looking forward to Tuesday..:)
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 am

I am looking forward to it on Tuesday too. I think we will beat Bradford again. Do you go in the North Stand or the Carwash BCFC Morecambe?

Harry
Happy Harry

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am

Happy Harry wrote:I am looking forward to it on Tuesday too. I think we will beat Bradford again. Do you go in the North Stand or the Carwash BCFC Morecambe?

Harry

Firstly Harry, I am a Bradford Fan, living in Heysham and working in Morecambe.....I'll be in the South Stand on Tuesday :)

For the record, not all Bradford Fans are the annoying types as Firthy Sex God..!

Should be a good game.....hopefully we will sell out the South Stand, although i have to say the traffic in Lancaster genuinely does put some folks off, as they have been stuck in it before...not to mention trying to get across the M62, then M6 roadworks...!!

Dan
BCFC Morecambe

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:38 pm

BCFC Morecambe wrote:
Happy Harry wrote:I am looking forward to it on Tuesday too. I think we will beat Bradford again. Do you go in the North Stand or the Carwash BCFC Morecambe?

Harry

Firstly Harry, I am a Bradford Fan, living in Heysham and working in Morecambe.....I'll be in the South Stand on Tuesday :)

For the record, not all Bradford Fans are the annoying types as Firthy Sex God..!

Should be a good game.....hopefully we will sell out the South Stand, although i have to say the traffic in Lancaster genuinely does put some folks off, as they have been stuck in it before...not to mention trying to get across the M62, then M6 roadworks...!!

Dan

any Bradford fans reading this if you don't want to get stuck in lancaster carry on up the M6 and come off at the next junction at Carnforth then follow signs for morecambe on the A6 on morecambe prom carry on untill you reach the Broardway hotel if you park down there it is only a short walk from the ground and the only hold up is the traffic lights at Tesco
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:27 pm

So why say teams come to the great Valley parade to play for a point??? Everyone knows these days your team is awful, you implied through your history of being a 'big' club teams had it in their head you still had a good team...........which we all know just isn't true :lol:[/quote]

We have had a couple of years in this division, but the current crop of players made up of signings from Guiseley, Bamber Bridge, and Cambridge City......have nothing to fear

Playing some really good football at the minute, looking forward to Tuesday..:)[/quote]

I won't regret the comment if we win, lose or draw the fact will remain that your still a club at the same standard as ours in the same league just with a bigger and more expensive stadium.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 pm

ezz wrote:So why say teams come to the great Valley parade to play for a point??? Everyone knows these days your team is awful, you implied through your history of being a 'big' club teams had it in their head you still had a good team...........which we all know just isn't true :lol:

Playing some really good football at the minute, looking forward to Tuesday..:)[/quote]

I won't regret the comment if we win, lose or draw the fact will remain that your still a club at the same standard as ours in the same league just with a bigger and more expensive stadium.[/quote]

Jeez you really are a dumb ass..! you statement is that our players are awful...and everyone knows it..?

Whats that got to do with us being the same standard as you, are your players awful too..??
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Crooky MFC

Postby ezz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Everyone does know your players are awful, hence they dont go to valley parade to draw.
Our players arn't much better :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:00 pm

[Edit] Love the ninja, but if we are cleaning up & banning the numpties, I'd better stop people from prodding them with a stick! :roll:
durhamshrimp

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:http://www.sports-mascots.co.uk/KERR_15.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good pic that, Lenny, the city Gent has over recent years through an illness actually shed all the weight he was carrying, and is actually leaner than Jim Bentley...! In fact is that Jim Bentley in disguise...?
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Nice try Dan!

I dont know a side in L2 that wouldnt have Jimbo if he was available.

Looking forward to Tuesday! :D
Mark S

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Mark S wrote:Nice try Dan!

I dont know a side in L2 that wouldnt have Jimbo if he was available.

Looking forward to Tuesday! :D

Mark, seriously we have centre half signed from Bamber Bridge who makes Bentley look like Bambi on Ice...! As for him getting into any other team in the division, maybe Notts County after all they have room in defence :)

Looking forward to Tuesday too, think your'e Bradfordian friend :-) might be right though, about the turnout from our lot....think the best you guys can hope for is around the 800 mark.

Still should be a good game.
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

To be fair, I am sure the Club are looking for as many away fans as possible to hand over their hard earned.

Me? I am hoping for less than 10 (all locals of course). That would shock your boys.
Mark S

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:58 am

Crooky MFC wrote:http://www.sports-mascots.co.uk/KERR_15.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's one person I wouldn't let near my children.
durhamshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

sgt major wrote:Don't worry Flirthy - we will all remove our caps and tug our forelocks

Can't wait to see you do that Mick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Different thing about this biennial slagging thread is that the club have joined in :o

Tantrum indeed!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby FrenchBantam » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 am

heysham_mfc wrote:I am supprised we are playing bradford next week because I got told by some fans at our tip to Bradford last december that they were getting promoted

Was this a Freudient slip i wonder? :D
FrenchBantam

Postby sgt major » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
sgt major wrote:Don't worry Flirthy - we will all remove our caps and tug our forelocks

Can't wait to see you do that Mick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Different thing about this biennial slagging thread is that the club have joined in :o

Tantrum indeed!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll tug my tash ;)
sgt major

Previous

Return to General Discussion