Morecambe better than LA Galaxy

Morecambe better than LA Galaxy

Postby Kate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:03 am

I went to watch Becks play for LA Galaxy on Sunday against San Jose - firstly, Morecambe would play LA Galaxy off the park, secondly, Huckerbee was 10 times better than Beckham, and thirdly, Becks must really be kicking himself for that career move.
Kate

Re: Morecambe better than LA Galaxy

Postby campdave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 am

Kate wrote:and thirdly, Becks must really be kicking himself for that career move.

at $250 for his 5 seasons? I think he'll manage.
campdave

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am

score? attendance?
wonder shrimp

Postby Harry » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 pm

campdave wrote:
Kate wrote:and thirdly, Becks must really be kicking himself for that career move.

A dollar a week?
Harry

Postby slackAlice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Harry wrote:
campdave wrote:

A dollar a week?

"What a waste of money , What a waste of money"
slackAlice

Postby Kate » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Sorry - only just had chance to check this since first post - attendance was 26,000, and although San Jose were supposed to be playing at home La Galaxy are bringing so many crowds it was moved to the Oakland Coliseum, home of the raiders.

The score was 3-2 to San Jose, who were much better than LA. Quite a few Brits in the crowd.

My argument about Becks' choice is this: Yes, he may be getting paid LOTS of money, but surely he's got enough now. The only thing challenging him now is football and seeing how poor the other 10 players are (Landon Donovan was ok), and how frustrated he was getting, surely he goes home every match day kicking himself, thinking it's not worth throwing away his career for the money.

Or maybe he is driven by the money - who knows.
Kate

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:22 pm

At the time he was out of the England team (dumped by wally with brolly) and out of the Madrid team, and looked like his time was up, so i think he looked at the offers and thought why not? nice life style big buck's etc etc. Even now has there been any contact from any bigger clubs? theres a circus with him and that puts a lot of managers off, i still think he could do a job in the premiership, but the media circus is just to much.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ichbeineinbarelaner » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 pm

i went to a san jose game once got irish and english friends in the city quote marks so we drove down from san fran took nearly two hours to find this gawd awful stadium that looked like national hockey arena to find they switched it to washington doh not very interesting suppose :lol: wonder if it was pay on the gate when you got to washington
ichbeineinbarelaner

Return to General Discussion