Sol again

Sol again

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 am

In the paper today he said the facilities weren't to bad at Morecambe as Fratton Park isn't to clever but Sammy appologised to him for some of the stick given to him by the fans and Sammy said he would report it to the supporters club.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Sol again

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 am

which paper?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 am

NOTW
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am

Will the fans that were nasty towards Sol Campbell get banned by the Supporters Club?

I didnt boo him even when he hurt Manny Panther.

Harry
Happy Harry

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 am

George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:38 am

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/5 ... pbell.html

Sammy's going to complain to the supporters club about fans who probably aren't in the supporters club, for giving him stick for breaking Panther's foot? Hmm...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:58 am

he did say that after the final wistle before the Manny Panther's xray scan and the news he will be out 6-8 weeks

imagine if Sol had done a challenge like that at somewhere like Millwall Westham Leeds etc etc etc on one of there top player's :!: :?:
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

DawZi wrote:he did say that after the final wistle before the Manny Panther's xray scan and the news he will be out 6-8 weeks

imagine if Sol had done a challenge like that at somewhere like Millwall Westham Leeds etc etc etc on one of there top player's :!: :?:

hhmm but having all said that he must have been ringside in boxing terms as far as seeing that challange on Panther :?
George Dawes

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Keith wrote:http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/524068/sol-campbell.html

Sammy's going to complain to the supporters club about fans who probably aren't in the supporters club, for giving him stick for breaking Panther's foot? Hmm...

Probably just being diplomatic about it.
durhamshrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Players get stick from fans all over the world, whats new? It's football at the end of the day, not snooker.
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Players get stick from fans all over the world, whats new? It's football at the end of the day, not snooker.

the point here is that our own Manager sticking up for that pardon my french "shit" sol campbell with that two footed foul whats now put one of our and SM! players out with a broken foot and it could have been a lot worse
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

P/T Indie wrote:In the paper today he said the facilities weren't to bad at Morecambe as Fratton Park isn't to clever but Sammy appologised to him for some of the stick given to him by the fans and Sammy said he would report it to the supporters club.

Firstly its Sol Campbell that says Sammy apologised. So we've only got his word for it. From the North Stand, bar one song, I didn't hear a thing. The only possible thing could have been a few shouts from the Paddock. He got absolutely nothing compared to Lee Hughes.

Finally do we actually have a Supporters Club to complain to?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Posh wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:In the paper today he said the facilities weren't to bad at Morecambe as Fratton Park isn't to clever but Sammy appologised to him for some of the stick given to him by the fans and Sammy said he would report it to the supporters club.

Firstly its Sol Campbell that says Sammy apologised. So we've only got his word for it. From the North Stand, bar one song, I didn't hear a thing. The only possible thing could have been a few shouts from the Paddock. He got absolutely nothing compared to Lee Hughes.

Finally do we actually have a Supporters Club to complain to?

Exactly which group of fans would he compalin to?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:25 pm

I don't think we do have a proper supporters club and even if Sammy did complain to the 'supporter club' what would they be able to do about it
heysham_mfc

Postby Gnasher » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:32 pm

I think Mike might be a bit upset to find he doesn't run a supporters club

http://www.morecambefc-shrimps-supporters.com/
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Gnasher wrote:I think Mike might be a bit upset to find he doesn't run a supporters club

Alternatively, many fans may be a bit upset to find that there is a supporters club.

I dont know anyone who is a member. Maybe they could advertise it, or raise the profile so everyone knows it exists? From what I see (and I am not having a go at anyone) the Supporters club just seems to be a travel club. It could and should be so much more. Before anyone says, I do recognise that it takes a lot of personal time to run an efficient fan club, and no, I dont have the time, so I am not criticising, just observing.

I must say that I think the Junior Reds is a good solid club that encourages young fans to be involved.

We should have a supporters club that everyone finds accessible and wants to join.

There are more members on here and you could argue that this is a more recognised fan club.
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Mark S wrote:
Gnasher wrote:I think Mike might be a bit upset to find he doesn't run a supporters club

Alternatively, many fans may be a bit upset to find that there is a supporters club.

I dont know anyone who is a member. Maybe they could advertise it, or raise the profile so everyone knows it exists? From what I see (and I am not having a go at anyone) the Supporters club just seems to be a travel club. It could and should be so much more. Before anyone says, I do recognise that it takes a lot of personal time to run an efficient fan club, and no, I dont have the time, so I am not criticising, just observing.

I must say that I think the Junior Reds is a good solid club that encourages young fans to be involved.

We should have a supporters club that everyone finds accessible and wants to join.

There are more members on here and you could argue that this is a more recognised fan club.

At the start of all the seasons I can remember they have blitzed the ground with adverts for the club. Perhaps you could pin the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4582
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 pm

I think if the Morecambe Supporters wanted to 'flood' anywhere, here would be a good place to start.

You have shocked me with that link. Two Posts on the most popular Shrimpsfans site could be improved on couldnt it, if they really wanted us to join?
Mark S

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes, you can get everthing you need on here, links to all manner of things, old tellys, dubious art, team info and hearsay etc, with all due repect to the site there is not a lot on it, and that fsa thingy is not very good anyway, and you can join anyone it free .
PUNKISDEAD

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 pm

seen travel for the supporters club in the visitor but to be honest you would only join if you wanted to travel to away games
heysham_mfc

Postby rossi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 am

40 grand a week and he wasnt happy ........ 40 grand a week :o :o :o !!!!!

9 words for you sol !!!!! -------> id be flaming delirious with 40 grand a week

oh and while we are at it, you could of at least smiled when i had my foto taken with ya after waiting over an hour for you ;) :lol:
rossi

Postby sgt major » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 am

There is a drinking club in The York pre-match ;)

Even PUNKISDEAD gets in once in a while and I believe Drogofly MAY be seen in here tonight before the game :o
sgt major

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 pm

rossi wrote:40 grand a week and he wasnt happy ........ 40 grand a week :o :o :o !!!!!

9 words for you sol !!!!! -------> id be flaming delirious with 40 grand a week

oh and while we are at it, you could of at least smiled when i had my foto taken with ya after waiting over an hour for you ;) :lol:

I would be happy with 40 grand a yr ( maybe), :P
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 am

The deal was that he did'nt actually get £40K a week for playing football.

He actually received £7K a week as a player plus £33K a week for image rights as an Ambassador for the Club which would have meant many trips abroad. This type of payment does not go on the balance sheet so was not contributing to the players salary and therefore the F.L.'s salary cap.

The F.L. don't like this obviously and I believe are having a meeting next week regarding such.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion