Next 4 games

Next 4 games

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am

The next 4 games are very tough.

Here are my predictions and league position after the 4 games have been played.

Morecambe to draw 1-1 with dag & red

Morecambe to beat Bradford 2-1

Morecambe to beat Shrewsbury 1-0

Morecambe to lose against aldershot 2-0

Total points 7/12

League position 12th.....

What are your predictions?
thegentlegiant

Re: Next 4 games

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm

bump
thegentlegiant

Postby sgt major » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

We will not lose to Aldershot however I think Bradford will not be an easy game.
sgt major

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Whup the lot of 'em!!!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:56 pm

And you think Shrewsbury will be an easy game? I doubt it very much as they are a different squad from last seasons squad where they were dire away from home but top draw stuff at home. They have a reasonably small squad at present but away from home have won 2, drawn 1 + lost 1 which was against the Daggers who gave them a wake up call and it appears to have worked. I hope we win as I know a fare few Shrews fans coming up but don't count on it being easy this 1.
nobbyshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:15 pm

one game at a time, ill be happy just to remain unbeaten tomorrow with a 0 - 0

then give it Bratfud next week :P
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:22 pm

I fancy us to beat anybody at home, a lingering arrogance that I've had since the Jim Harvey years where we were unbeaten for over a year at Christie. Shrewsbury will be difficult like most games are in this division, but on paper I think Shrewsbury at home is our easiest game in the run of fixtures that we have coming up and they certainly don't merit being singled out above any other that we should be more wary of. Paul Simpson is yet to beat us as a manager, despite spells with Carlisle, Preston and now Shrewsbury. If it was at Shrewsbury (a town where we've never scored a goal, let alone won a game) then I'd be less confident. The Shrews are not the best on the road, and I think we should be looking for 3 points from them at Christie.

We are beginning to build a bit of momentum and now look more solid as a defensive unit. It will be interesting to see how Sammy changes the team in light of Panthers injury. Can't see us winning against Daggers away, 1-1 draw would be nice. The other three games are winnable. As I started with Harvey, I'll finish......it will be alot clearer after the opening 10-12 games as to where we stand going forward for the rest of the season.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 pm

DawZi wrote:one game at a time, ill be happy just to remain unbeaten tomorrow with a 0 - 0

Me too. Perhaps that's why so few people responded initially? We could do anything right now, lose heavily or give someone a thrashing. Judging on the last two games, we looked very good and with a small amount of good luck, we could have been well ahead by half time last week and slightly ahead at the same time the week before. Put the chances away and we can beat anyone in League Two. Can't see it being a 0-0 tomorrow but I am edging towards a draw, so 1-1.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:46 pm

I really fancy us to get a draw tmw, i just hope the manager sticks with Hunter at full back though.
Abbo

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:11 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:The next 4 games are very tough.

Here are my predictions and league position after the 4 games have been played.

Morecambe to draw 1-1 with dag & red

Morecambe to beat Bradford 2-1

Morecambe to beat Shrewsbury 1-0

Morecambe to lose against aldershot 2-0

What are your predictions?

beat the daggers 2-1 agree woith you on the Bradford and Shrewsbury scores a 2-1 win away at aldershot rounded off with a 3-0 win on the english riviera.
oh and Paul mullin to score the winner in the bradford game ;)
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion