Campbell Quits County

Re: Campbell Quits County

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:27 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:Never been a hero since what he did to spurs. Money grabbing scab.

We won't go into the complexities of football being a short career and all that but when I said the word 'Hero' I was referring to his 3 Lions days as a well respected England international and a top defender.

When he chose to leave Spurs for Arsenal, in most peoples eyes that's a Big step up and better money aswell....................................He'd of been a fool not to go

Just wait till Shrimper reads that :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Keeps advertising us :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 273411.stm

Certainly we look better in the press than Campbell!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sgt major » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:29 am

Got to get this in - It reminds me of an old Kenny Rodgers tune - "Coward of the County"
sgt major

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am

P/T Indie wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:Never been a hero since what he did to spurs. Money grabbing scab.

We won't go into the complexities of football being a short career and all that but when I said the word 'Hero' I was referring to his 3 Lions days as a well respected England international and a top defender.

When he chose to leave Spurs for Arsenal, in most peoples eyes that's a Big step up and better money aswell....................................He'd of been a fool not to go

What really annoyed Spurs fans - apart from the obvious - was that he ummed and aahed for 18 months about signing a new contract, made all the noises about wanting to achieve things with Spurs then held off long enough to go on a Bosman. It was then clear that this was his plan all along, thus denying Spurs any kind of fee.

That was his prerogative, of course, but not every player does it. Others stay with one club, others sign extensions to contracts and then go - again not ideal but at least it means the clubs gets a fee.

It's very hard for fans - who live and breathe ONE club (or two if they also follow their local one) - to understand the mentality of players who see it as a job and take the best offer available in terms of cash and career progression.

I suppose I 'see' why players make certain career moves (in a detached, common sense, purely rational way).

But when it involves a player from my club going to a hated rival, well I'M a fan, football's about passion and rivalry and I subscribe to that concept.

So he's no hero to me - that ended when he did what he did.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 am

Spoke to a Notts fan here in Crete when we got the news.....he was gutted to say the least.

Thinks the whole thing will be like a pack of cards that will come tumbling down sooner than later.

Will try and log into Chat
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby halfwayliner » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:06 am

Who is Will ;)
halfwayliner

Postby sgt major » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:Spoke to a Notts fan here in Crete when we got the news.....he was gutted to say the least.

Thinks the whole thing will be like a pack of cards that will come tumbling down sooner than later.

Will try and log into Chat

Good grief -CC is now lurking around bushes in Crete looking for fans of teams we have played - whatever next??????? ;)
sgt major

Postby abc123 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Mick McCarthy has just mentioned us about 5 times in a minute long interview on Sky Sports, pretty clear whose fault he thinks it is!
abc123

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:07 pm

abc123 wrote:Mick McCarthy has just mentioned us about 5 times in a minute long interview on Sky Sports, pretty clear whose fault he thinks it is!

only because we beat his team
heysham_mfc

Postby Mighty Red » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Is nowhere safe from CC?

Hope you took plenty of bottled water with you.
Mighty Red

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 pm

says on sky sports news that Roy keane is looking to sign him do you whink he would quit if we got to the 3rd round of the FA cup and we drew them at home again
heysham_mfc

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

Short career? God forbid he has a house with only 19 bedrooms instead of 20.

He could have gone to Arsenal 1 year earlier but he chose not to, meaning he'd go for a free and there'd be a bigger slice of the cash for him. That's what irks me about it, pretending to have loyalty in order to get a few more bucks a year down the line.
durhamshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion