Poetic justice

Poetic justice

Postby John L » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:44 pm

John L

Re: Poetic justice

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 am

Why "poetic justice"?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby John L » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am

Same scoreline that they defeated us by!
John L

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am

"Poetic justice" implies we were unfairly beaten at Preston. Our inept defending last night meant although the scoreline was probably harsher than the scoreline demonstrated, it wasn't an unfair result.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:10 am

I saw it more as high quality passing and finishing than inept defending - but then I wasn't paying as much attention, probably, to PNE's individual defenders.

A good game of football (PNE had moments of genuinely good attacking play as well).

Class doesn't always show in these games and I wasn't overly confident before the match - but the difference (as Irvine said) was clear on the night.

PNE's very reasonable pricing policy made it a good night for all the Cooper clan as well.

Saw about a dozen other Spurs fans from Lancaster and Morecambe including quite a few Christie regulars.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion