O/T The state of Morecambe refurbished areas

Re: O/T The state of Morecambe refurbished areas

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

durhamshrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Millions of pounds have been spent on refurbishment of various areas throughout the town.

It's such a pity therefore that the council can't see its way to keeping the same areas clear of rubbish as well as keeping the grass tidy.

The area opposite to the Midland Hotel is already opvergrown and looks as though the grass hasn't been cut for months. Beers cans and general litter is scattered near to the kids playground, as in the area near to the LifeBoat station.

Maybe Evelyn should put her energies into sorting this out before trying to stop further development that doesn't fit with her personal agenda.

Theres certainly NO incentive to take your rubbish home as you get landed with this :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ceive.html

Its openly welcoming fly-tippers :!:

Though I can see the point you're making I'd never use The Daily Mail to back up any sort of argument. It'd be like using the Beano. The Mail is only read by the ignorant to back up their deluded views of what state the country is actually in.

DELUDED :?: - ME :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bamboozled maybe :roll:

I'm off to buy a Beano and a dandy for some quotes :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:23 am

wonder shrimp wrote:the daily mail should be dragged through the courts for all the foul lies and distortions that it prints, but it never will!

as for rising circulation, any paper that relies of giving out michael caine DVDs to boost circulation is in more trouble than it thinks!

whoever above said that the BBC has its own agenda to pursue is, basically, wrong. they are about as independent as you are going to get in real world, you should be bloody thankful that its there at all!

...and where is the proof of all this?

From other newspapers and if so which ones?

Do you actually believe that they get it right and if so where is the proof?

In reality ALL the media puts its own slant on things. I doubt that any media is totally honest and truthfull all of the time.

As a family we only get the Mail at weekends and that's more to do with the entertainment guide that my wife prefers.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby footballfan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:27 pm

I like the mail, when those lovely young men walked out of court after the Stephen Lawrence trial was`nt the headline "Murdering bastards, now sue us!"

They led the campagin for young Corporal Lee Clegg when he was made an alledged scapegoat for a killing in Northern Ireland.

To be fair I only read any of the papers (with the exception of the sun) for the sport, everything else depreeses me and what a wonderful thread, recycling to slagging off the papers! :lol:
footballfan

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Christies Child wrote:As a family we only get the Mail at weekends and that's more to do with the entertainment guide that my wife prefers.

Ditto.
But any sensible person should be able to read between the lines, and then make their own minds up.
Exceptions are the obvious Red Mast crap, and I exclude The Mirror, which when I manage to extracate one from a wpb is usually a good read.
Plain Peter

Previous

Return to General Discussion