MFC Marketing

MFC Marketing

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 am

Putting my marketing and promotions hat on for a moment, I think that the club are missing a great opportunity by not making use of the space available on the recently installed site surround boards at Westgate.

If it was me advising them on marketing issues then I'd certainly be putting forward the idea of some sort of visual material on the boards even if it was to say something about Sponsorship packages available for the season 2010 / 2011 at the new stadium.

Whenever I've been involved with clients looking for increased advertising using a variety of different media then we've always looked at outdoor advertising as a means of promotint their product or services.

Having just past the new ground, there is now visual evidence of the early stages of construction.... :) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: MFC Marketing

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Where do these back onto - when I had a look at the new ground, the bit I visited backed onto a small housing development.

Hardly ripe with a massiving passing footfall for adverstising. However, if there is a side that goes past a more public area, then it would be a good idea to make use - even if it's only to promote the ground/club - there may be people who don't realise we're moving!
campdave

Postby Loyalsupporter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 pm

He is reffering to the Main road where the site entrance is

main road runs from westgate to west end, site entrance is opposite that caravan park.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:55 pm

campdave wrote:Where do these back onto - when I had a look at the new ground, the bit I visited backed onto a small housing development.

Hardly ripe with a massiving passing footfall for adverstising. However, if there is a side that goes past a more public area, then it would be a good idea to make use - even if it's only to promote the ground/club - there may be people who don't realise we're moving!

...good to see that you are thinking 'outside of the box'.....

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:43 pm

When did we get planning permission for these signs? Pretty sure there are strict rules around advertising signs. Unikely to get permission.
Mark S

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Christies Child wrote:

It was more "blue sky thinking"
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Mark S wrote:When did we get planning permission for these signs? Pretty sure there are strict rules around advertising signs. Unikely to get permission.

Have we tried?

Surely the local council appreciate what the development is giving to the community and therefore they can grant permission if they really want to.....assuming that it is actually required.

On my travels I've seen other new developments emblazoned with information about what is proposed and how sponsors can be encouraged to give their support.

Imagine a large picture of the proposed development displayed on the boards. I'm sure that a number of the locals haven't any idea what it will look like when finished.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

It was more "blue sky thinking"

.....ooohhh...do you have to ruin my day? :( :( :(

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:32 pm

We have been working very closely with Globe to make sure that we can utilise any spare area on "their" hoarding to promote what is happening behind them.

Mark S is absolutely correct in thinking that there are very strict planning laws on what you can or cannot advertise on a main roadside. We will however, working with the local planners, deliver a message that Conference and banqueting excellence is just around the corner, literally.

Thank you to the usual suspects for pointing out the blindingly obvious. :roll: :lol: ;)

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:
Thank you to the usual suspects for pointing out the blindingly obvious. :roll: :lol: ;)

Commercial dept.

You are so polite Mark. I think 1 suspect fell out of bed the wrong side this morning! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion