Lee Hughes

Re: Lee Hughes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:55 pm

well he din't get up to much today and din't get to do that stupid little dance
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Don't think he was fully fit, and neither was Sol Campbell. Take these two players out and they are pretty much the same old average league two side that were at the bottom end of the table last year.
RedRedWine1

Postby mfcbro » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Listening to comments about his crime,its easy for people to pass judgement and say he has served his sentence.My dad was killed by a 17 year old doing 65 m.p.h in a 30 limit mounted the pavement and lost control.I had 5 years of hell with my mum who was by his side.Unless its happened to you its difficult to assess how you would react.Not having a go at you mark,but if it was one of your family i think you would think different.
mfcbro

Postby Mark S » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 pm

mfcbro wrote:Listening to comments about his crime,its easy for people to pass judgement and say he has served his sentence.My dad was killed by a 17 year old doing 65 m.p.h in a 30 limit mounted the pavement and lost control.I had 5 years of hell with my mum who was by his side.Unless its happened to you its difficult to assess how you would react.Not having a go at you mark,but if it was one of your family i think you would think different.

Dont disagree at all Mick. D&D disgusts me. I have no sympathy to him whatsoever, only to the family of the deceased.

My only small point is that if he was a plumber or worked in a supermarket, society would just leave him to get on with the shame and disgust with himself that he surely must feel and not remind him of it every time he went to work, just because he works for the wrong company (if that makes sense). I just think that if anyone had a personal issue with what he has done they should either confront him or write him a personal letter rather than wait til he is on the pitch and abuse him anonymously

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I cant imagine the horror.
Mark S

Postby mfcbro » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Point taken Mark,as i said i wasnt having a go.
mfcbro

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Mark S wrote:If he was a plumber, he would go back to his job, keep his head down and get on. He just happens to be a footballer who needs to earn a living like anyone else.

Live and let live. Its between him and the family of the victims. None of our business.

Interesting analogy. Don't most plumbers need a van? Lose their licence, chances are they wouldn't go back to their job and keep their head down, chances are it would have massive impact upon their job for many years afterwards. If they were a copper or a nurse, they wouldn't go back to work afterwards.

I can't say I agree with abusing him for killing someone but I can say I'm glad he doesn't play for us. Doing a runner after the crash really makes him scum though.

Incidentally, I have reported someone in my family for drinking & driving, they lost their licence and their job because of it. Not nice, but that may have saved someone's life.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 pm

If people want to spit venom then it's up to them.
But there should be a separate area where all of the same ilk can congregate.
Then the majority of us who've paid good money to watch a football match can do so without our space being invaded with verbal shite.
Plain Peter

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Peter wrote:If people want to spit venom then it's up to them.
But there should be a separate area where all of the same ilk can congregate.
Then the majority of us who've paid good money to watch a football match can do so without our space being invaded with verbal shite.

Unfortunately that is football and there isn't really a way of stopping it.

IMO he deserved everything he got.
Sammy h

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:42 pm

I was at Giant Axe about 4 years ago when Ron Atkinson was manager of Kettering.
He got the full venomous works from about half-a-dozen popped-up idiots.
None of whom I'd either seen before or again at Giant Axe.
Some sad people just seem to turn up on these occasions for the hell of it.
Plain Peter

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Peter wrote:I was at Giant Axe about 4 years ago when Ron Atkinson was manager of Kettering.
He got the full venomous works from about half-a-dozen popped-up idiots.
None of whom I'd either seen before or again at Giant Axe.
Some sad people just seem to turn up on these occasions for the hell of it.

I'm quite certain people didn't show up yesterday because of Mr Hughes, i'm not sure of any other player that could have attracted a few more jundred on the gate? Hmmm...
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm

when people go on about him running off, i imagine he would have been naturally in a state of shock with what he'd witnessed
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:10 pm

DawZi wrote:when people go on about him running off, i imagine he would have been naturally in a state of shock with what he'd witnessed

Probably not a natural state of shock for someone who wasn't trying to hide how much alcohol they'd drunk. Sober people would want to try and help the person they'd injured.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Fury » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm

From what I've been able to read concerning the subject, Lee Hughes has and is going some way to try and achieve redemption.

However, I think he needs to shed that bloody goal celebration. This will sound silly but irks me because I don't think he should be drawing attention to himself. If it were me in his shoes, I'd want to get my head down and keep very low key about resuming my professional career. I also feel for the family of the victim who - if they are football fans - will probably have witnessed his celebration. Perhaps it is a silly thing to get angry over but I really feel he ought to 'celebrate' like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8DquCot2ss), whatever the circumstances. Weirdly, I'd have a bit more respect for him if he did that,
The Fury

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Keith wrote: Sober people would want to try and help the person they'd injured.

Many sober people use mobile phones in their car don't they? How many mothers do you see on a school run, with a car full of kids, on the mobile phone? Is that not just as bad?

Are you really suggesting that all hit and run cases are committed by people who've been drinking or on drugs?
Last edited by Plain Peter on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Peter

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

DawZi wrote:people are known to do hit & runs when sober

Not often and he wasn't one of them. I don't know any stats but I'd hazard a guess that most people who run from the scene are trying to hide something, one way or another.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:36 pm

did the court decide his outcome,yes they did ,please move on and stop bitching ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Number 1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:03 pm

There's some short memories here. When he was released by Oldham there were plenty saying they'd have him here.
Number 1

Postby John L » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

Number 1 wrote:There's some short memories here. When he was released by Oldham there were plenty saying they'd have him here.

Maybe they were drunk when they said that.....
John L

Previous

Return to General Discussion