Dagenham Tickets

Dagenham Tickets

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 am

I can't get my neck round their website.
Has anyone bought an advance ticket yet?
If so, how did you do it?
Plain Peter

Re: Dagenham Tickets

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:51 am

Looking at their ticket info a bit further it shows the cost of advance tickets.
But visiting away fans can't use their on-line booking system!
Away fans therefore have to contact their respective clubs.
I've looked on the Morecambe website, and can't find any mention, other than on the fixture list, about the Dagenham game even though it's less than a week away.
As me and Doris are 300 miles down the road from Crusty we couldn't really buy advance tickets anyway.
So, even though I want to buy in advance I can't.
I expect that means we'll have to cough up the full £20 each at the turnstile, to watch a game with restricted views.
A 2-for-1 offer on the London Eye and London Aquarium is looking more appealing by the minute :cry:
Plain Peter

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am

Have you rung Dagenham? I'm sure they can sort you out
campdave

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 am

I will tomorrow.
The answer I'll get will be as per what I've scribbled above.
It's daft that everyone seems to be moaning about falling gates, yet some clubs make life so difficult for fans.
Two-tier pricing for advance v at the turnstile is stupid and a rip-off.
Plain Peter

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 am

Peter wrote:The answer I'll get will be as per what I've scribbled above.

I wouldn't be so sure - Preston's website was all set up to sell tickets to home fans, but they were more than happy to sell me an away ticket when I rang up.
campdave

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:59 am

I hope you're right.
Does that mean I'll have to give my debit or credit card details over an insecure phone line?

Anyway that doesn't hide the fact that the Dagenham official website refers visiting away fans back to their respective clubs for the purchase of advance tickets.
Plain Peter

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:12 am

when we played them last season they sent tickets that you could buy in advance for a cheaper pice whick you could buy in the club shop at morecambe but I am sure they would post them out if you cannot make in down
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:13 am

Peter wrote:Does that mean I'll have to give my debit or credit card details over an insecure phone line?

I'd imagine they'll want you to pay for them, yes.
campdave

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:39 am

heysham_mfc wrote:when we played them last season they sent tickets that you could buy in advance for a cheaper pice whick you could buy in the club shop at morecambe but I am sure they would post them out if you cannot make in down

So let's assume that the Morecambe club shop have 150 advance tickets available.
There's nowt on the Official Website, so how have they advertised the fact?
Was there any mention in yesterday's programme about tickets/admission for the Dagenham game?

I think I'll just get advance tickets for the Dagenham home terrace, get inside the ground, then plead ignorance and get moved into the away end.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Peter wrote:I hope you're right.
Does that mean I'll have to give my debit or credit card details over an insecure phone line?

are you being bugged? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway, I thought you were getting hold of Ockers to do the Morecambe Player commentary? You should be getting press passes...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 pm

I bet there are loads of spy that listen to people wating to buy tickets for the away end at dagenham :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Peter wrote:I can't get my neck round their website.
Has anyone bought an advance ticket yet?
If so, how did you do it?

Ring 020 8592 7194. Then dial 21 on the options.

There is a saving of £2.30p per ticket (adult ticket normally £20) by booking on the telephone and then collect your ticket at the ticket office between 1pm and 3pm on Saturday.

Downside is they charge £1.50p per transaction for using a credit card. You can use your debit card for free if you feel lucky! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:There is a saving of £2.30p per ticket (adult ticket normally £20) by booking on the telephone and then collect your ticket at the ticket office between 1pm and 3pm on Saturday.

Downside is they charge £1.50p per transaction for using a credit card. You can use your debit card for free if you feel lucky! :lol:

I sent their Commerical Dept an e-mail last night.
Just got home from work to a reply.
Same info as yours.
Just phoned, and invested £35.40 for mine and Doris' tickets.
Paid by Debit Card so no extra charge.
The bloke on the other end did say that no advance payment tickets had been sent to Crusty.
So anyone else wanting to do it on the cheap(!) will need to ring Dagenham.
Another phone number is 0208 592 1549 X21 (Michael Hopkins)
Plain Peter

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Peter wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:There is a saving of £2.30p per ticket (adult ticket normally £20) by booking on the telephone and then collect your ticket at the ticket office between 1pm and 3pm on Saturday.

Same info as yours.
The bloke on the other end did say that no advance payment tickets had been sent to Crusty.

might be helpfull to add this infomation onto our website for fans wanting to travel who to not read shrimpsvoices
heysham_mfc

Postby PottedShrimp » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:57 am

I rang yesterday to get my tickets - no problems at all and as has been said no charge it you use a debit card. I think it this sort of info is a must for the website

heysham_mfc wrote:
Peter wrote:

Same info as yours.

might be helpfull to add this infomation onto our website for fans wanting to travel who to not read shrimpsvoices
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:06 pm

On the official website there is a tab for Tickets.
Click on Away Tickets, and thre's info about the truly wonderful offer that Morecambe bestow on their visiting fans.
Whereas if you go on most other official websites that same Away Tickets tab gives information for their own supporters travelling to forthcoming away fixtures.
Perhaps that is the area that should be used to give out information to Shrimps fans who want to travel.
I'm also surprised that the cost of admission to the next away fixture isn't mentioned in home match programmes.

So far as this reduced advance ticket thing goes, like what Daggers are doing, it's just one big rip-off.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion