turnstile 8

Re: turnstile 8

Postby trueshrimp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Posh wrote:
trueshrimp wrote:
westender wrote:Seems to me that the extra walk along the back of the Stand and then to your place on the Terrace via the Program sellers and the 'Open the Box' vendors is probably both educational and fitness-promoting! We coul end up with the fittest season-ticket holders in League 2!

dont for get we already walk from broadway were we leave the car, and on a rainy day its not very nice standing - soaked. I dont need to do a fitness promoting exercise. i am already fit i cycle to work every day in the rain. - priority to season ticket holders, not cash.

YEAH! Extra 80 yards each way be my reckoning. That's ...errr...3680 yards to walk each season (except when I need a pre-match pie). Or err...some miles and a bit.

Actually I'm joking. trueshrimp .... cheer up mate.

lets hope when we go to the new stadium, in 2 season time, season ticket holders get a bit more priorty. than cash payers.
trueshrimp

Postby campdave » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 am

trueshrimp wrote:
lets hope when we go to the new stadium, in 2 season time, season ticket holders get a bit more priorty. than cash payers.

I hope they work out which direction you're coming from, and put the entrance as far as they possibly can from there :lol:
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:56 am

if you look at the plans for the new ground you will see that there are no turnstiles
heysham_mfc

Postby slackAlice » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:if you look at the plans for the new ground you will see that there are no turnstiles

I believe there working on one of those moving 'walkways' that will be constantly moving around the ground ; one in either direction. One can then disembark at your chosen spot and be helped to an escalator by a friendly steward. Each seat will also be adjustable to each spectators specific requirments , waiters will also bring your half-time nibbles & drinks ... there'll be little need of your legs at the new place.
slackAlice

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 pm

slackAlice wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:if you look at the plans for the new ground you will see that there are no turnstiles

I believe there working on one of those moving 'walkways' that will be constantly moving around the ground ; one in either direction. One can then disembark at your chosen spot and be helped to an escalator by a friendly steward. Each seat will also be adjustable to each spectators specific requirments , waiters will also bring your half-time nibbles & drinks ... there'll be little need of your legs at the new place.

is that all
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
slackAlice wrote:

is that all

Of course that's not all :!:

Let them save something for a surprise man :roll:
morecambe mick

Postby trueshrimp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 pm

any one know at m.f.c. if turnstile 8 is season ticket holders, or cash.
trueshrimp

Postby Loyalsupporter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 pm

trueshrimp wrote:any one know at m.f.c. if turnstile 8 is season ticket holders, or cash.

Loyalsupporter wrote:Dammit, I just read an email from MFC confirming that turnstile 8 is a mis-print and that 5 & 6 are the ones to use.

so that will make 8 Cash
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Mfc4lyf » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:29 pm

its ok i work on turnstile 6 down at the bottom of the car park for season ticket holders ... Hope to see loads of you's down there ... :D :D :D :P :lol: :roll:
Mfc4lyf

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:47 pm

we should get first use of the Lancaster Road turnstiles not the people who might just go to the 'big games'
heysham_mfc

Postby Phoenix » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Not spoken to anyone at the club about this, not even T6, but here's a few guesses.

If you forget your passes (and you do), the match day office is down that end.

Turnstiles on the main road are where the queues build up, casual supporters aim for the first turnstile they see. The ones at the far end are usually quieter.

If you are walking from Morecambe, it's not actually that much further if you cut across the car park.
Phoenix

Previous

Return to General Discussion