Best Game of the Season

Best Game of the Season

Postby DMC » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't know what other people think but I thought it was the best football we have played all season- the team looked sharp and created loads of chances. Mullins should have done better with the chances he had-but alawys looked a threat and won everything in the air - Ihope Twissy gets a chance to play along side him. Sol did not look match fit and needs to lose a couple of stone IMO. Great crown which helps.
DMC

Re: Best Game of the Season

Postby shrimper » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:01 pm

A lot of great displays today but, for me Moose was awesome and Drummy really did his bit. I would have dropped Drummy two games ago but he was all over the place and controlled the ball superbly (which was great to see because I like the bloke).

Craney, Wilson, Hunter, Mullin, Bents.... I could go on - but Artell and Drummy today, for me!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 pm

couldnt agree more re Drummond, really bounced back after poor displays recently, a lot of better performances than JB though, only got mom due to his goal, excellent though it was
Arnside Red

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:07 pm

shrimper wrote:A lot of great displays today but, for me Moose was awesome and Drummy really did his bit. I would have dropped Drummy two games ago but he was all over the place and controlled the ball superbly (which was great to see because I like the bloke).

Craney, Wilson, Hunter, Mullin, Bents.... I could go on - but Artell and Drummy today, for me!

You could have just gone on to mention Danny Adams. Comes in for a bit of stick on here at times but I thought he played really well today.

I thought we thoroughly deserved the victory today. Notts County, although a good side, showed little of the bagloads of cash that has been invested in the team. They pressured us a lot after their goal, but frankly we should have had them buried long before then!
Martin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Really good game. Everyone played well.
Little Shrimp

Postby Voice at the back » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Martin wrote:
shrimper wrote:A lot of great displays today but, for me Moose was awesome and Drummy really did his bit. I would have dropped Drummy two games ago but he was all over the place and controlled the ball superbly (which was great to see because I like the bloke).

You could have just gone on to mention Danny Adams. Comes in for a bit of stick on here at times but I thought he played really well today.

I thought we thoroughly deserved the victory today. Notts County, although a good side, showed little of the bagloads of cash that has been invested in the team. They pressured us a lot after their goal, but frankly we should have had them buried long before then!

I for one have not given Danny the praise he deserves, but over the last twelve months he has been awesome in defence.

MOTM for me today was Garry Hunter.

Thats not to say everyone played good.
Voice at the back

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm

guilty :oops: although am not one of his biggest fans, he did play well today
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:56 pm

fro me motms
Laurence Wilson first half
Dave Artell in second
good to see Paul Mullin winning almost every header as well and a great goal too
great stuff today
great to spoil their party today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
great fro aaron and sam im sure they will have sore heads tomorrow
well done chaps i think you should be very proud of what youve done!!
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 pm

BRILLIANT

SUPERB

EXCELLENT

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bare bum » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:25 pm

A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really good peformances all over the park for 70 minutes, then a stumbling period after their goal where self confidence appeared to partly implode, but the result should boost confidence for the next match(es).
Again thought Artell was huge today, also Mullin does cause a lot of stress in opponents defences, he worked really hard. Whole team looked up for it, excellent match.
I would have liked Twissy to get substantially more than the 10 minutes at the end, his confidence seems fully returned and he seems really fit - fantastic to see him push the ball past Campbell from the left and put in a dangerous low cross.
Good atmosphere to up to their goal, but the north stand's confidence is as shaky as the teams.
Factulisms
Five matches unbeaten in League 2
Now unbeaten against Chesterfield, Rochdale, Rotherham and Notts County, two more top teams next....................
Notts County have lost more matches than us this season.
We look like a three quarters good team.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:32 pm

very good game hoefully attract some of the part time supporters to some again unlucky not to win by more
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Superb performance, another few like that please!

Artell's best performance in a Morecambe shirt IMO, good to see the attacking players really threatening too as well as Hunter growing into the right wing back role.

Roll on Daggers!
Harry

Postby Mark S » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:BRILLIANT

SUPERB

EXCELLENT

So you wont be sacking Sammy just yet? ;)

Any 'questions' of the defence coaches? :lol:

Enjoy your holiday. I bet you are looking forward to it as much as the rest of us! :D

Have a Ouzo for me! 8-)
Mark S

Postby mfcbro » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:
BRILLIANT

SUPERB

EXCELLENT
Talk about running with the hare and hunting with the hounds!
mfcbro

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:BRILLIANT

SUPERB

EXCELLENT

So you wont be sacking Sammy just yet? ;)

Any 'questions' of the defence coaches? :lol:

Enjoy your holiday. I bet you are looking forward to it as much as the rest of us! :D

Have a Ouzo for me! 8-)

Internet access in our room.....so it'll be CC from Crete! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Fantastic, could have been a rout had our early chances gone in.

You could make the case for any of the players out there to have won MoM today - outstanding all over the pitch.

What a difference a bit of pace can make - contrast the 5-3-2 from last season to that of this season. Let's try and keep this up for the rest of the month and really kick on after that.

Great performance in front of many people who wouldn't normally visit Christie Park (listening to various conversations around us, a lot of people seemed to be there for the first time, popping in out of interest as supporters of other teams). Hopefully a some of those will be encouraged to come back in the future.
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Dave Artell has been great the past few games and him and Jimbo today were as good as ever.

The whole shape and look of the defence looks better the past two games they all seem to understand each other a lot better.

I agree with Shrimper after the Rochdale and Rotherham game I would have dropped drummond but he did well today.

Mullin is great with his head just a shame he can't shoot!
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Is it coincidence that things have taken a turn for the better since Paul Mullin came to the club, i thought that he was immense today and gave there defence a torrid time. Welcome to league two Sol ain't it a great leveller. I thought that the moose was man of the match today got to admit that i have never been his biggest fan but today he passed the ball on the ground and generally commanded in defence :D :D
Blackburn shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Paul Mullin has done well but I don't think he is the reason I think it is the change at the back that has made all the difference.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:11 pm

It's a combination of Jimbo returning to full fitness, Artell's great form, a switch back to 5-3-2 and Panther helping to break up a lot of the attacks in midfield.

Long may it last - hope Panther's back soon.
campdave

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm

even the ref wasn't bad :o :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:even the ref wasn't bad :o :lol:

no he was terrible!
heysham_mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Exactly, i think he looked worth about 45 million ;)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:02 pm

campdave wrote:It's a combination of Jimbo returning to full fitness, Artell's great form, a switch back to 5-3-2 and Panther helping to break up a lot of the attacks in midfield.

Steady Victor, that's a bit of positive thinking. :o :o :o
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:19 am

Christies Child wrote:
campdave wrote:It's a combination of Jimbo returning to full fitness, Artell's great form, a switch back to 5-3-2 and Panther helping to break up a lot of the attacks in midfield.

Steady Victor, that's a bit of positive thinking. :o :o :o

Why wouldn't I hope one of our players recovers from injury quickly " :roll: :roll: :roll: "
campdave

Next

Return to General Discussion