Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 am

According to Notts County "mad" message board hughes is doubtful for game at Morecambe this saturday with chest infection
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Lee Hughes

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:55 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:According to Notts County "mad" message board hughes is doubtful for game at Morecambe this saturday with chest infection

Good news. Both on the playing side, and the fact he's scum.
campdave

Postby The Marksman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 am

He's done his time, let's just leave the guy alone and move on.
The Marksman

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:24 am

The Marksman wrote:He's done his time, let's just leave the guy alone and move on.

Yawn. If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen. He knows what he's letting himself in for by taking to the field again.
durhamshrimp

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:05 am

So why do supporters cry like babies everytime players give stick back?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 am

ezz wrote:So why do supporters cry like babies everytime players give stick back?

Not all of them do.
campdave

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:31 am

ezz wrote:So why do supporters cry like babies everytime players give stick back?

I don't. Its usually quite amusing.
durhamshrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:56 am

campdave wrote:Good news. Both on the playing side, and the fact he's scum.

And you're a saint????.............................. RIGHT! :roll:

I hope he does play as i've got him down for a Hattrick at the bookies :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
campdave wrote:Good news. Both on the playing side, and the fact he's scum.

And you're a saint????.............................. RIGHT! :roll:

Well, I've never killed anyone for starters.
campdave

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Bloody hell, I find myself agreeing with campdave! I thought agreeing once with Peter was bad enough :shock:

In my profession, if I did what he did, I'd be removed from the professional register, so even after 'doing my time' I still wouldn't be able to nurse. If you go out with a shotgun and kill someone, you don't get let out early because you were drunk when you did it and show regret, you get banged up for a long time. Yet do the same with a weapon that is called a 'car' and you are out in time to pick up on a very lucrative career. No sympathy for him at all, only his victim and their family.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 pm

If you go out with a shotgun and kill someone, you don't get let out early because you were drunk when you did it and show regret, you get banged up for a long time.

It depends on the purpose for having the shot gun. If you are dear hunting and shot someone accidentally then it would be the same punishment. If you happen to go out with a shot gun for no reason and kill someone accidentally then it would probably be murder. The purpose of having his car wasn’t to kill it was to get from A-B.

I actually totally agree that he’s scum, buts he’s a good footballer. Would I want him at Morecambe? Hard one but i think yes, but that doesn’t mean I would like him more for what he did. He would simple be a employee of the team I support doing his job.

As a footballer he’s worth a lot of money which is a shame really because most other professions wouldn’t go near him.

Any stick he gets is deserved. He has to take what he did to the grave. And yes he served his time but most would agree that that time wasn’t enough (although that’s not his fault all said and done)
Heysham_red

Postby BLS BOY » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Hughes is a lucky man to have been given a chance to resurrect his career at such a decent level after being...how do i put this? erm... out of action.

Hughes as a player should be remembered as a pretty decent goalscorer for WBA, Cov and indeed many years ago at Kiddie Harriers.

Hughes as a man should and of course i hope he has, learnt from his mistakes.

Curiously enough...is he still banned from driving??
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm

BLS BOY wrote:Curiously enough...is he still banned from driving??

He was banned from driving for 10 years, so if you see him in the front seat of the bus tomorrow Ring Sven on 077864***** :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BLS BOY » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:35 pm

I sure will Marky!! :D
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Yes banned in 2004 (in court) for 10yrs but what really gets up my nose is not him driving whilst pis--d or even killing someone whilst under the influence, its the leaving the scene of the accident after he had killed the driver and therefore avoiding the breathalyser. He handed himself in to the police the next day...whooppee!! Even when on police bail for the 'murder' (ok, death by dangerous driving), he managed to score enough goals with WBA to be top scorer and help them get promoted to the premier league. What were the mans wife and family doing during this period :?: Prior to his release Hughes had the bloody nerve to appeal against his sentence :x Derr!! You left the scene after killing someone do you think the court is going to reduce your sentence? Thankfully.....No :!: :!: Upon his release he faced the mans daughter and appologised.
If I had spotted a trespasser on or inside my property, challenged them, had a bit of a scuffle during which the other person banged his head on the floor but he managed to run away but later died from his injuries I would be charged with manslaughter :!: :!:

Good footballer though :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:35 pm

He's a W****r and should not be allowed on a football pitch.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm

'Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong, the weak can never forgive'

Think it's about time people got over one mans mistake, it's been and gone and he's trying to get on with his life and has to live everyday remembering the mistake he made and its consequences.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm

ezz wrote:'Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong, the weak can never forgive'

Think it's about time people got over one mans mistake, it's been and gone and he's trying to get on with his life and has to live everyday remembering the mistake he made and its consequences.

Well said that man :D

I think Hughes is over anything some of this lot have to throw at him, it seems to make him play even better so best keep your abuse to a minimum Camp unless you want to see him jigging in front of the north stand.
HALMA 1983

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 pm

ezz wrote:'Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong, the weak can never forgive'

Which is more than the man he killed can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 pm

outsider wrote:

yes what about The person he killed and his family think of them he might have been punished for his crime but where he can have a second chance the person he killed can't
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Ok fair point, but nobody on here was related to the person killed so why keep bringing it up? He made a collosal mistake and it ended up in someone losing their life, he has to live with it everyday inside.
outsider wrote:

Well yes, but how is hurling abuse at Lee going to change any of that?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ftm » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 am

i went out with a beer with him after a morecambe kidderminister game years ago. hes a lovely lad.
maybe we all do daft things in life.
ftm

Postby Mark S » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:05 am

Everyone makes mistakes. I am sure there is no one more acutely aware of what a tragic waste of life he caused than himself. Its not up to anyone on here to judge him.

If he was a plumber, he would go back to his job, keep his head down and get on. He just happens to be a footballer who needs to earn a living like anyone else.

Live and let live. Its between him and the family of the victims. None of our business.

I think any football fan that gave him abuse for it from the terrace would be pathetic.
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 am

OK this is the pm MarkS is referring to in another thread.

Call me pathetic then, he's a murderer.

He knew he'd been drinking before he climbed into his car to drive. EVERYBODY knows that to do that, is to risk life and limb, in his case it was someone else's life.
He can be sorry all he likes, doesn't change that fact that by his actions whilst under the influence, he killed someone - that's bad.

To drive away afterwards, how did he know that person was beyond help He could still have saved a life, but he drove away :!:

I've wanted to post this several times, but have found an outlet in you ;)

Though I hardly think my views are going to stimulate debate on this matter, and didn't think worth airing.
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 pm

The Marksman wrote:He's done his time, let's just leave the guy alone and move on.

totally agree, he will live with that for the rest of his life, and will probably be on his mind every other minute of the day

that itself is a sentence
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion