Reserves tongiht

Reserves tongiht

Postby matty » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Anyone going?
Its all in the hips.
matty

Re: Reserves tongiht

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

....not to Wrexham or Buckley where it's being played....

Good to see that Will is back having a run out. Certainly need his composure in the first team. Saw the 'Player' replay and there are still massive gaps in defence where players are not being marked ie first half v Rotherham!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:37 pm

quite a few first team player in tonight squad don't know the full line up
heysham_mfc

Postby parkyboy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Any score news from wrexham
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 pm

lost 3-0

line up for tonight was as follows:
Morecambe: Scott Davies, Darren Moss, Andrew Parrish, Rory Winter, Henry McStay, Craig Stanley, Mark Duffy (Gavin Clark 59), Matty Poole, Wayne Curtis, Michael Twiss, Neil Wainwright.
Subs: Mathew Calvert, Jason Yates, Ben Jackson.
not quite sure who Gavin Clark is though :roll: :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Abbo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey now come on thats a very strong reserve side and they get stuffed 3=0 against a none league reserve side, just what is going on at the club ??????????????
Abbo

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:18 am

No Will Haining?

I thought he was going to make an appearance?
morecambe mick

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:46 am

Also duffs off after an hour - hopefully not injured
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:16 am

Abbo wrote:Hey now come on thats a very strong reserve side and they get stuffed 3=0 against a none league reserve side, just what is going on at the club ??????????????

Sack the (reserve) manager?
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 am

thats a shocking result when one looks at the strength of the team we put out.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:30 am

Lee hughes hat trick on saturday looks a good bet on betfred :mrgreen:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Abbo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:39 am

Campdave, i think its time you pulled your head out of the sand and realised that your a numpty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 am

Numpty or not, I'm not getting fussed over a reserve match. I doubt any of those players, with the exception of Wainwright perhaps, will be starting on Saturday.

Must be disappointing for you not to be able to pin it all on Danny Adams. :lol:
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:57 am

No but there is someone else :evil:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:17 am

We should be concerned that the defence let in 3 goals v a youthful Wrexham team.

Questions must surely be asked of our defensive coaching on the training ground when the same problems appear to have spread throughout the entire defensive part of the squad.
Last nights team 'on paper' was a very strong line up. All bar 1 has had first team experience.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:39 am

The defensive coaching that led to a clean sheet against the side that were top of the table last weekend?
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:49 am

campdave wrote:The defensive coaching that led to a clean sheet against the side that were top of the table last weekend?

Remind me Victor, how many goals have we let in this season so far.....??????
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:54 am

Christies Child wrote:

Remind me Victor, how many goals have we let in this season so far.....??????

I agree that we've let it too many, but from all accounts last Saturday, we turned a corner. It will be interesting to see how we do on Saturday - but people need to remember on Saturday, we're playing a very good attacking team, and most teams will concede goals playing against them, so if we do concede, it isn't necessarily symptomatic of our current defensive problems.

All teams make mistakes defensively, especially at this level. Whilst it's impossible to argue against the fact we are making far too many, it won't be possible to rule them out 100% of them time. That's why our players play in League 2. We score our fair few goals due to the defensive mistakes of other teams as well.
campdave

Postby Mark S » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am

Christies Child wrote:We should be concerned that the defence let in 3 goals v a youthful Wrexham team.

Questions must surely be asked of our defensive coaching on the training ground when the same problems appear to have spread throughout the entire defensive part of the squad.
Last nights team 'on paper' was a very strong line up. All bar 1 has had first team experience.

I am interested Neil. What questions would you ask? I don't think it is fair to be laying blame at anyones door without backing it up.

What are the specific questions you would ask if you could?
Mark S

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 am

Well put mark

CC was not there so he, like the rest of us, cannot really comment on last night, saturday is our divisions version of burnley v man city , so we cannot really expect a win against a team that are on a fast track to the premier league :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 am

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:We should be concerned that the defence let in 3 goals v a youthful Wrexham team.

I am interested Neil. What questions would you ask? I don't think it is fair to be laying blame at anyones door without backing it up.

What are the specific questions you would ask if you could?

Is it purely an alarming coincidence that both our first team and now the reserves have been letting goals in at an alarming rate? To date after only 3 games the reserves have conceeded 10 goals and this from a team made up of first team squad players albeit 1 who has not figured in a first team game to date.

My questions are 'has their been a fundamental change in defensive tactics this season or is it due to other areas of the team not carrying out the instructions of the management team?'

'If it's not down to a change in tactics, is it due to key personnel collectively not performing to their usual high standards?'

'If it's the fault of personnel, is this because of a dramatic loss in form or is it that they are not as mobile as they used to be due to age or a lack of a competitive pre-season'

...and if it's the fault of individuals 'why have changes not been made before last Saturday?'

Going forward we've never been as good as we are now. We pose a significant goal threat all the time, especially with Mullin (YES...I got that wrong!)

Get the defence sorted (hopefully last Saturday with the changes was the watershed) and we'll soon be climbing the table to a more respectable position. This Saturday is going to be one hell of a test, but we've this strange habit of raising our game against so called better teams.
Christies Child

Postby Abbo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 am

We have gone 10 league games without a win (3 at the end of last season) and its not a case of "oh its only the reserves getting beat lastnight", i am concerned that this not winning streak becomes the norm because we are used to it ???
Abbo

Postby campdave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:04 am

Abbo wrote: i am concerned that this not winning streak becomes the norm because we are used to it ???

I don't think it's become the norm, because if you're saying it could become the norm, that's implying the players and management accept it.

Sammy's reaction at the end of Rochdale very much said he wasn't happy with the result.

Agreed, it's been a poor start - but this is going to be a long, hard month, and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win any of our tough matches this month. For me, it's about performances against the top sides this month, and I'd take draws in each of them, to boost our confidence when the next set of "winnable" matches comes along.
campdave

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 am

Anyways!!!!!!

The bus is being unveiled on Saturday, whoop :D

The results will take care of themselves.....

P.S. hopefully the bus diverted this useless conversation!!! :lol: :lol: 8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby mfcbro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 am

I suggest c.c next time you are at the training ground watching why not have a word with your mates Sammy and Jimbo putting your concerns to them about defensive coaching or purely age catching up with some of the players.I am sure they would answer any questions you would care to ask.
mfcbro

Next

Return to General Discussion