Have Morecambe ever been relegated?

Have Morecambe ever been relegated?

Postby Dragofly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Not that I think it will happen, but can anybody tell me if Morecambe have ever been relegated? Certainly not in my life time, I know we missed out on the creation of the Conference but we wern't relegated, simply not promoted.
Dragofly

Re: Have Morecambe ever been relegated?

Postby campdave » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 pm

no
campdave

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 pm

You know they have never been relegated, you are obviously bored, we have deadlines, so get back to your easil :evil:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Posted this a while ago to a similar query:

Nope, never been relegated.

But......in the days of the Lancashire Combination and early years of the Northern Premier League, finishing top and bottom did not automatically mean that you were promoted or relegated. During the 1980-81 season we finished 21st out of 22 clubs, level on points with Tamworth finishing above them on goal difference. Due to our poor position we had to seek re-election to the league, which was granted.

In fact, we were crap all the way through the 70's and early 80's not once finishing in the top-half of the Northern Premier. I wasn't alive at the time, but it's all in Potted Shrimp a book charting the history of Morecambe FC by Ken Ormrod. Worth getting hold of a copy if you can.

SV Thread: Have we ever been relegated?, St Albans Shrimp
RedRedWine1

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 pm

As you was not born in the seventies, we can overlook the, we were crap all through the seventies comment, on the grounds that one or two people on here will remember a game down south against dartford, in a neutral stadium called wembley :lol: :lol:
Last edited by PUNKISDEAD on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby sandgroneun » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:As you was not born in the seventies, we can overlook the, we were crap all through the seventis comment, on the grounds that one or two people on here will remember a game down south against dartford, in a neutral stadium called wembley :lol: :lol:

Went down with my 2 lads in an Austin 1100! Brilliant day!
sandgroneun

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

I believe the author of the book mentioned, a former mfc board member, is a friend of dragoflys father, cmon fly guy, credit us with a bit of nous :lol: :lol:

Anyway when do we get another piece of art :?: :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Dragofly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Are you sure Ken referd Morecambe being crap. In the 70's and 80's in his book
Dragofly

Return to General Discussion