whats been your league highlight and lowlights so far

wil put some of these in Saturdays programme if we can get a thread going

cheers sean
ockers

Re: 100 not out...contributions needed

Postby Gnasher » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:55 am

League ....not counting cups

Do you count abandoned matches? :lol: :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:22 am

For their brief spells here, both joe lewis and carl baker played great parts in our teams success and they both deserve a mention, perhaps a small sketch by dragofly could also feature :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 am

Gnasher wrote:League ....not counting cups

Do you count abandoned matches? :lol: :lol:

no but thanks for the contribution
the apathy on here speaks volumes
i sometimes wonder why i bother.............
ockers

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:04 pm

ockers wrote:no but thanks for the contribution

Bloody hell Sean, you posted your request four hours ago on a Monday morning! Not everyone has a job where they can view Shrimpsvoices. On a normal Monday, I wouldn't even know your message existed yet. And even though I have been able to swap between work and SV because I'm working in a hotel, I've got work stuff that requires thought which, given that I'm getting paid by work and pay for SV, I guess WORK should take preference!

Chill out and I'm sure contributions will come. Add your deadline if it is tight.

PS And yes, the irony that I could have given you a contribution in the time it took to give you a rant was not lost on me! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Keith wrote:
ockers wrote:no but thanks for the contribution

Bloody hell Sean, you posted your request four hours ago on a Monday morning! Not everyone has a job where they can view Shrimpsvoices. On a normal Monday, I wouldn't even know your message existed yet. And even though I have been able to swap between work and SV because I'm working in a hotel, I've got work stuff that requires thought which, given that I'm getting paid by work and pay for SV, I guess WORK should take preference!

Chill out and I'm sure contributions will come. Add your deadline if it is tight.

PS And yes, the irony that I could have given you a contribution in the time it took to give you a rant was not lost on me! :roll:

it wasnt a general point rather someone making a silly flippant remark
so there was no need
if people want to get in touch they will
people can find time
ockers

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:14 pm

ockers wrote:[
i sometimes wonder why i bother.

ockers wrote:it wasnt a general point rather someone making a silly flippant remark

Then I accept your apology :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me, the high point was (and will quite possibly always be) that first ever Football League match against Barnet. The size of the crowd and the queues on Lancaster Road, the excitement and simply the 'being there'. The football results afterwards, us being read out in the same breath as long established league clubs, ex-Premiership even.

And of course, THAT banner...

That was more than a great game, it was a great day.

The low point is harder to pin down. Half a dozen Eric Morecambes (AKA blokes in flat caps and flasher macs), dealing with a road traffic collision is probably the most surreal in a 'low point' kind of way. But as far as football is concerned, has there really even been a low point?

Football League? We're Having a Laugh!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

The high points for me since joining the league are the home wins against bradford and stockport in first season ..... The low points for me are the gillingham away game last season and also the burton away game this season (both shocking results and performances)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 pm

This is our complete league record (99 games) played 99 won 31 drawn 35 lost 33 for 122 against 134 points 128/297
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Hey Sean even I hav'nt had time for this one :o

I've far too many ups and downs and in this list I will probably mention other peoples highs and lows since Saturday 11th August 2007 the day Barnet game to Christie with their banner :D

Heres my list of highs in no particular order:

1st game as above.

1st away game at Wrexham, even tho we lost and were welcomed to the League with a reality check.

The 1st Half against Bury at home in Nov.07. We looked liked Brazil for a while and Jimbo & Twissy scored

The 2 goals in the last 10 minutes (Stanners & Baker) of the Mansfield game for our 1st 3 points.

Carl Bakers last minute winning goal against Bradford on a Friday night.

Being cold and miserable on a Tuesday night in February at Grimsby 2.0 down but going on to win 3.2 with that Gaz special

The fantastic day out at MK Dons, which was a record crowd in those cushioned seats, in fancy dress beachwear (and spiderman!) and Matty going for a dive in the lake :lol: even tho we got our inflatables confiscated. Also for shaking hands with Paul Ince very much later that evening :o

Meeting the Spurs fans down in Brentford ;)

Howe Magic constantly shouting at the liner on a Tuesday night in Bournemouth - that was so funny!

The sense of occasion in the Eric outfits at Luton

When Wayne scored in the 1st minute at Chesterfield, then we got battered for 87 minutes, then in the dying minutes Simon Grand scored in the final seconds to literally steal a point

The atmosphere away at Exeter.

Joe Lewis' fingertip save in the top corner from Julian Joachim at home to Darlo ~ looked in all the way that one!

The 2.0 win at Aldershot when, having been drowned out by the military band, 7 of us outsung their fans when Drummy hit that screamer.

As for the downers thankfully there are not as many of them!

Winning 2.0 in the ice at Darlo only to give away a very soft equalising goal in the dying minutes.

The Burton game!

Most peoples call will be the soaking wet night at Accrington when we got battered and played like a load of *****. The positive side of this was to go on our unbeaten run :D

As for my all time low its got to be the 5.0 beating at Gillingham on a certain persons birthday when only about 7 of us were still watching with 10 minutes to go

i know somebody who remembers that very well!
peter.JPG

Thats all that springs to mind at the moment :?
Last edited by marky No.1 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

My high was the first game of league status, knowing that we were a football team in the footballing league gave me great satisfaction.

My only low really was just missing out on play-offs last season.

Oh and of course losing so badly against burton.

Sam
thegentlegiant

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Have you rung Gerry Irving yet :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

My highlight has to be the first game against barnet also our first FL win at home to Mansfield
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Beating Peterborough 3-2 at christie.
Sammy h

Postby billybonz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 am

Over the first christmas when we beat peterboro 3-2 and chester 5-3
billybonz

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Far too many to list all the highlights.

Will leave the lows to Ned :lol:

Very first game in the football league home to Barnet, my son was mascot I was on the pitch when they unfurled THAT banner.

Next game Preston away in the cup.......................... need I say more?
Being "on holiday" and driving up from London to watch the Wolves game, my in-laws are BIG Wolves fans ;)

Friday night journey back from Chester after beating them at the death with a penalty. Which was the moment I met Mike Baker, he was filming Carl on his phone, the battery died as Carl ran up to take the pen :lol: Great guy RIP :(
The journey back on the bus was, eventful. Someone bouncing his car off the wheel of the bus, who in their right mind threatens a 52 seater coach full of football fans :? :shock: :o :shock:
As for the impromptu "comfort break" and the Police rescue that followed, it still has me crying with laughter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The moment I realised we'd got enough points to stay in the Football League.
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:35 am

morecambe mick wrote:Far too many to list all the highlights.

Will leave the lows to Ned :lol:

Very first game in the football league home to Barnet, my son was mascot I was on the pitch when they unfurled THAT banner.

Next game Preston away in the cup.......................... need I say more?
Being "on holiday" and driving up from London to watch the Wolves game, my in-laws are BIG Wolves fans ;)

Friday night journey back from Chester after beating them at the death with a penalty. Which was the moment I met Mike Baker, he was filming Carl on his phone, the battery died as Carl ran up to take the pen :lol: Great guy RIP :(
The journey back on the bus was, eventful. Someone bouncing his car off the wheel of the bus, who in their right mind threatens a 52 seater coach full of football fans :? :shock: :o :shock:
As for the impromptu "comfort break" and the Police rescue that followed, it still has me crying with laughter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The moment I realised we'd got enough points to stay in the Football League.

Well I tried to be polite in my "favourites" column ~ how can you expect Sean to print some of the "added exras" in the program? :lol:

There again I would have to draw the line at Exeter :shock:

Maybe dragofly could draw it for me :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Highlight has to be Gary's goal at Grimsby.

I thought Burton this season was going to be a highlight but they've got more apathy than Morecambe.

The lowlight has yet to come.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Great write ups in the Programme again Sean ;)
Although I still hav'nt got over you writing this word for word on page 5 :o :o :o :o :shock:

marky No.1 wrote:Most peoples call will be the soaking wet night at Accrington when we got battered and played like a load of *****.

Good job my asterisk key is working eh? :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion