Great North Run: Paul

Great North Run: Paul

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 am

David is 13 and attends Carnforth High school. He has Osteogenesis Imperfecta also known as Brittle Bones, a rare and painful bone condition that runs in his family and which both his Uncle and Nanna Suffered from.

David and his Parents, Michelle and Ray have asked me to help them raise funds for The Brittle Bones Society by running the Great North 1/2 Marathon in aid of the charity on September 20th this year. David will be going in for another operation to change a pin in his leg very shortly and will again be relying on the services of the charity.

Like myself, David and his family are avid Morecambe Fc supporters and David has supported them since he was 6. David's cousin is Morecambe's No8, Gary Hunter and the club have been very supportive of David and the charity with other fundraising events in the past and have allowed us to do a matchday collection at the Notts County game.

I have set up a Just Giving Page where you can sponsor me online and would be very gratefull for anything you can give. :D
http://www.justgiving.com/brittlebones

Many Thanks.
Paul and David.
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: 2 weeks today......

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Sorry to keep pushing this but unlike the big fundraising juggernauts like Children in need and comic relief who are seeing record sums even in the reccession, the smaller charities are seeing massive reductions in money coming in and big increases in money going out.

This is a charity that is helping a fellow Morecambe supporter so, please consider making a donation to a worthy charity that's struggling in these hard times and is helping one of our own.

Many thanks

Paul
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 pm

I'll be there (from Kent) and being an ex Carnforth High pupil I'll donate. I should be in the North Stand behind the goal at ko, so if you can make yourself known I'll throw some cash in.
Andy
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am

Shouldn't be too hard to miss, we will have a bucket at each turnstile. If you do miss us on the way in, you'll find me behind the goal in the North stand, half way up.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: In 12 Days time.....

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 pm

With the sad news about Mike Baker, donating to Matty, who is running for Leukaemia Research is certainly something to be encouraged.

But it is worth remembering that David is 'one of our own', a true regular fan of Morecambe FC.

I'm sure that neither Paul or Matty will view this as a competition (well, until they are running anyway) but if you can afford to donate to both, or feel like splitting your donation 50-50 I'm sure both guys will be delighted to accept your donation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: This Sunday.....

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 pm

I ran for Matty's charity in the great Manchester run last year and know the great work they do so I hope he raises a good sum and has a good run come Sunday, Good Luck!

Thanks for the donation Keith. :D
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Great North Run: Paul

Postby marky » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:29 pm

I've donated the same amount to you, too, so there's no competition ;) Good luck :)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks Mark. :D
North Stand Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Come see me for some spare change tomorrow :D
thegentlegiant

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Big thanks to everyone who donated at the match today.

As soon as it's counted up I'll let you know how we did.

Thank You :D
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Dids » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks for everyone who donated at the match today, it means a lot to me and my family. Brittle Bones Society is a charity that not a lot of people have heard about but this charity means a lot to people like me as i suffer from brittle bones.

The Grand Total of Money Collected at Todays Match was:£513

Thanks to Paul for running the Great North Run for me tommorrow and Good Luck!

Also thanks to all my collectors Graham, Beverley, Sue, Nikki, Terri, Shannon, Alex and of course my mum and dad (Michelle and Ray).

David :D
Dids

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 am

Dids wrote:Thanks for everyone who donated at the match today, it means a lot to me and my family. Brittle Bones Society is a charity that not a lot of people have heard about but this charity means a lot to people like me as i suffer from brittle bones.

The Grand Total of Money Collected at Todays Match was:£513

Thanks to Paul for running the Great North Run for me tommorrow and Good Luck!

Also thanks to all my collectors Graham, Beverley, Sue, Nikki, Terri, Shannon, Alex and of course my mum and dad (Michelle and Ray).

David :D

Fantastic news....It truely was a great day to remember yesterday!
thegentlegiant

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, I did it!

What a day, far too hot for running a half marathon with hills! I struggled to get going because of the crowds at the start and then attempted to regain the lost ground by running hard up to the half way point, BIG mistake.

Although I went through the halfway point just over target time, the hard pace got to me around the 8/9 mile point and I slowed massively, feeling sick and over heating. I decided at that point that it was just going to be a case of making sure I finished, which I did in 1hr 52- well outside my PB but that's not important! The most important thing was to raise money for the Brittle Bones Society.

Thanks again to everyone who donated, we've now raised well over what I first imagined we'd be able to achieve, we're up to £1140 and there's still some money to come in.

Paul
North Stand Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Well done.

:D
morecambe mick

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 am

Well done Paul I was sat watching it thinking it looked far to hot must have been a killer.
You should have stoped for a pint at the 9 mile mark :o

Me & Lloydie will do it with you next year
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:09 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Well done Paul I was sat watching it thinking it looked far to hot must have been a killer.

Stopping for a pint was very temping, but I wouldn't have lived it down if I hadn't beaten Lloydie's time! :lol: so I pushed on.

Hopefully my Dad and Alex will be joining us next year too! Don't think I'll bother going for a PB though, I'll just enjoy the atmosphere and see if we can all finish together.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:57 pm

well done always wanted to do it myself but never got round to doing it
heysham_mfc

Postby Lloydie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:Well done Paul I was sat watching it thinking it looked far to hot must have been a killer.

Stopping for a pint was very temping, but I wouldn't have lived it down if I hadn't beaten Lloydie's time! :lol: so I pushed on.

Hopefully my Dad and Alex will be joining us next year too! Don't think I'll bother going for a PB though, I'll just enjoy the atmosphere and see if we can all finish together.

I'm going all out for a 1hr 45mins next year !! need to lose the belly again somehow, though it will never get as big as your Dad's 8-)
Lloydie

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 am

Lloydie wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:

I'm going all out for a 1hr 45mins next year !! need to lose the belly again somehow, though it will never get as big as your Dad's 8-)

1hr 45 :o ! you better start training now then!

Considering my dad's a good 20 years+ older than you, your not far behind him! Belly's gonna get ya! ;)
North Stand Shrimp

Postby badger » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Lloydie will you be at the bradford game, if so we will try and make some room for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:.
badger

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 pm

badger wrote:Hi Lloydie will you be at the bradford game, if so we will try and make some room for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

ouch :!: :o

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 pm

badger wrote:Hi Lloydie will you be at the bradford game, if so we will try and make some room for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Lloydie will be in full training on Tuesday night in the sponsors lounge eating curry and drinking beer.

P/T Indie

Postby Lloydie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 pm

I'll look out for you from the main stand, you shouldn't be too hard to spot !

Anyways are we all going to get together next year for the GNR and run for the same charity as a Morecambe Supporters team?
Lloydie

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:59 pm

I have to do it for the local MS Society next year.

P/T Indie

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 pm

how about doing a full Marathon? :o
North Stand Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion