O/T Estate Agents

O/T Estate Agents

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 am

Can anyone recommend one? I was wondering if any sponsored the club the only one I can think of is Cumbrian properties I am sure they used to have a discount voucher in the season ticket.

Also do season ticket holders still get a discount at Wright & Lord.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: O/T Estate Agents

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 am

Go and speak to GF properties on princes crescent, owned by former shrimps player Gerry Farrell, top bloke, sold my last house in record time, nice local family business :!:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:37 am

I will do he was on my list of possible candidates and may now go to the top of the list.

P/T Indie

Postby Gnasher » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Go and speak to GF properties on princes crescent, owned by former shrimps player Gerry Farrell, top bloke, sold my last house in record time, nice local family business :!:

I was going to say the same, I bought my house from them and no problems at all.

I'm not sure if we can say who to avoid publicly for legal reasons, but there are some.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am

You could always PM me ;)

P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 am

It's be nice to 'your mother in law' day in CC's house today...... :o :lol:

On our recommendation she's just bought a bungalow in Bare via GF. Found them to be excellent from a buyers perspective. No doubt the same from a vendors side of things also.

Can think of one former estate agent who I'd never do business with.....namely NOTOYS :twisted:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Jessops Estate Agents, one of the Morecambe FC Bus supporters :D let them know I recommend them to you 8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby Posh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Cumbrian Properties is owned by David Robinson, Director and former Player. They're pretty good too.

As far as the legal side goes I'd recommend Phil Gardner at Wright & Lord. Really knows his stuff and a nice bloke to boot. www.wrightandlord.com.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Posh wrote:Cumbrian Properties is owned by David Robinson, Director and former Player. They're pretty good too.

As far as the legal side goes I'd recommend Phil Gardner at Wright & Lord. Really knows his stuff and a nice bloke to boot. http://www.wrightandlord.com.

I sold a house through Cumbrian and then bought one through GF and both were excellent to deal with.

I also know staff at a lot of the others and, basically, find them all good people. Get a few round, get them to estimate the value and just see which ones you get a good 'feeling' about.

Don't just go for the one who says they can get you the most money - sometimes it's just a pitch to get your business. They have to be realistic or it won't sell.

Phil Gardner at W&L - top bloke.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Jessops everytime for me.
George Dawes

Postby greenshrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Are you desperate for a quick sale?

I sold my house in Bolton le Sands myself...i'll dig out the site for you. Paid an initial sum for the for sale board, listing on their site and listing on rightmove and sold within the month.

My house was in quite a busy area so I guess that helped, but I saved loads of money.

Where abouts are you selling?

Where do you work? If you or any member of your family work for local government and are part of unison, you can get a great deal on legal at http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/

GreenShrimp
greenshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Posh wrote:As far as the legal side goes I'd recommend Phil Gardner at Wright & Lord. Really knows his stuff and a nice bloke to boot. http://www.wrightandlord.com.

Solicitors don't make their money from conveyencing.
We used W & L and had to keep on top of them from start to finish.
Having bought and sold regularly in the last 30 years W & L were very average.
Plain Peter

Postby badger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:54 am

i know a few people who have used gerry farrel and they all say he is a good bloke and good at his job. i think he played football for blackburn or it might have been barnsley. good luck phil selling your house.
badger

Postby Gnasher » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 pm

badger wrote:i know a few people who have used gerry farrel and they all say he is a good bloke and good at his job. i think he played football for blackburn or it might have been barnsley. good luck phil selling your house.

I thought GF played for some team called Morecambe?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Whichever Estate Agent (EA) you employ, remember that you are paying them a lot of money and you should expect a decent service.
When we sold in Morecambe we used one of the 'big' EA's on Victoria Street.
We got a buyer quite quickly.
The most important thing then was to swap phone numbers with our buyer, so we could all keep up with the plot, and help make sure that those we were employing were doing their job.
I felt that without that friendly contact things would have slipped, as neither of us were that happy with the EA.
Tbh, I don't think a lot of EA's are anything like as professional as they used to be, and I absolutely hated a woman EA walking round our house in stiletto heels.

As for the conveyencing we used a firm allied to the Estate Agent.
They were based in Manchester, and apart from the initial form-filling almost everything was done by e-mail. Not one face-to face session was required.
They were excellent, and much more 'on the ball' than W & L, who we employed when we bought in Morecambe.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion