Morecambe Fan Slapped With Banning Order

Morecambe Fan Slapped With Banning Order

Postby The Bay » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 am

A Morecambe teenager's been given a three year football banning order after trying to get supporters of another team to fight him at a match earlier this year.

18 year old Nathan Carr was arrested after also shouting abuse at Bradford fans when they played the Shrimps in April.

Nathan Carr, 18, appeared before Lancaster Magistrates Court where he was convicted of Section 5 Public Order (using threatening words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress) and given a 3 year football banning order. Carr was also fined £90, ordered to pay £100 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

The punishment comes after Carr was seen by officers to be shouting abuse at Bradford FC fans and trying to encourage them to fight after Morecambe FC's league two fixture against the team on the 10th April 2009.

Despite being warned by officers he continued his behaviour and was arrested by mounted officers.

Carr pleaded guilty to the charge of public order but appealed against the banning order.

A police spokesperson said, "This was an isolated incident in an otherwise good natured fixture and Carr's behaviour risked spoiling the event for many people within earshot of his language.

"This sort of mindless attitude is at odds with the vast majority of Morecambe fans whose behaviour is always exemplary that has won praise from various quarters. For this reason it was important to take strong action to send a clear message that this sort of behaviour is not welcome nor will it be tolerated at Morecambe matches.

"Carr is only the 6th Morecambe FC fan to be handed such a ban which is a reflection of the good natured atmosphere at Morecambe matches."
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Morecambe Fan Slapped With Banning Order

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 am

"Morecambe Fan Slapped With Banning Order"

Ouch, that must of hurt! What are they made of? :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 am

The Bay wrote:A Morecambe teenager's been given a three year football banning order after trying to get supporters of another team to fight him at a match earlier this year.

18 year old Nathan Carr was arrested after also shouting abuse at Bradford fans when they played the Shrimps in April.

Nathan Carr, 18, appeared before Lancaster Magistrates Court where he was convicted of Section 5 Public Order (using threatening words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress) and given a 3 year football banning order. Carr was also fined £90, ordered to pay £100 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

The punishment comes after Carr was seen by officers to be shouting abuse at Bradford FC fans and trying to encourage them to fight after Morecambe FC's league two fixture against the team on the 10th April 2009.

Despite being warned by officers he continued his behaviour and was arrested by mounted officers.

Carr pleaded guilty to the charge of public order but appealed against the banning order.

A police spokesperson said, "This was an isolated incident in an otherwise good natured fixture and Carr's behaviour risked spoiling the event for many people within earshot of his language.

"This sort of mindless attitude is at odds with the vast majority of Morecambe fans whose behaviour is always exemplary that has won praise from various quarters. For this reason it was important to take strong action to send a clear message that this sort of behaviour is not welcome nor will it be tolerated at Morecambe matches.

"Carr is only the 6th Morecambe FC fan to be handed such a ban which is a reflection of the good natured atmosphere at Morecambe matches."

6 too many for me! We just don't need that type at CP.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby eggchaser » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:
6 too many for me! We just don't need that type at CP.

And thats why they've been banned :lol:
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:29 pm

He should change his first name to Wang.
Plain Peter

Postby shrimp23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Peter wrote:He should change his first name to Wang.

Haha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimp23

Postby patrick_peters » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:24 pm

hmmm yes then he would be called nathan wang that makes sense
patty
patrick_peters

Postby Aspers » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:22 am

No I think he meant ..... oh never mind.
Aspers

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 am

i remember him getting thrown out now and i also remember a group of 15 Bradford fans in the the car wash end first half before it started raining, doing pretty much exactly what this guy got banned for

i bet there was no action taken against that group of Bradford fans

two wrongs don't make a right, but! it would be nice to see a bit of consistency in justice
George Dawes

Postby eggchaser » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 pm

DawZi wrote:i remember him getting thrown out now and i also remember a group of 15 Bradford fans in the the car wash end first half before it started raining, doing pretty much exactly what this guy got banned for

two wrongs don't make a right, but! it would be nice to see a bit of consistency in justice

No but three rights make a left ;)
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 am

DawZi wrote:

Two Wongs could make a Wang though.
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:22 am

DawZi wrote:i remember him getting thrown out now and i also remember a group of 15 Bradford fans in the the car wash end first half before it started raining, doing pretty much exactly what this guy got banned for

Probably the reason he ended up with a ban is because when warned to stop, he carried on. I watched it from pitch side, the Bradford fans weren't pleasant but some of our fans allowed themselves to rise to the bait.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion