Expectancy level? You've got to be realistic!

Expectancy level? You've got to be realistic!

Postby Bryan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 am

Unbelievable. Some are calling for the gaffer's head already and we're only six games in. Patience is a bloody virtue. Fact. Ok we've had a poor start and it's not been good enough defensively. We all want that first win but then the fixture list comes along and says it might yet have to wait that bit longer. We'll see.

Thing is if you want to look at it another way we've only lost two games all season. Same as Crewe in fifth spot. Yes they've won four games but if we'd been pro about it we could have beaten Hereford and Rochdale and maybe drew at Barnet. All a bit abstract i know but it's sometimes a thin line between top and bottom this early in the season.

If by the end of October we're still down there then yes people will be getting itchy trigger fingers. The added pressure of the new ground might be an influence further down the line. Again we'll see. But what do people expect?

We're a small fish (amongst several others) in this big pond. To stay up every season is what i regard as a success. Yes you've got to aim higher. Sammy's signed some good players this season to that effect. We're scoring goals again. But sadly like the last manager has ignored the defence, and by that i mean we need more quality in there. But lets give Heining a chance when he comes back. He's got something about him but will need time to settle in.

The bottom line is you need consistancy at every club. And that has to come through continuity. Sacking people here there and everywhere usually has the opposite effect to the one you wanted. The board at this club is superb. They are aware of what's going on. Some fans should get real and at the very least wait until the clocks go back before spouting all this crap about changes. Another six or seven games and it might all be different.

The moaners should get to Rotherham with the rest of us and make some noise that at least might be useful in getting behind the team.

I've not always been Sammy's biggest fan but he deserves more of a chance than six games. Honestly i just don't get the mentality of some so called fans.
Bryan

Re: Expectancy level? You've got to be realistic!

Postby ockers » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 pm

playing devils advocate here Bryan you understand

It could be that with nearly a team of new signings and some of a high quality big things were expected from the outset from all quarters
not a disaster youre quite right but there are concerns with shipping the number of goals we have th eteams shape and of course its not just a case of blaming the back line either
on paper our squad looks a fantastic squad and demonstrated that in the first 45 last friday which to be fair surprised many on the night?
Defence has leaked goals and im sure it will be interesting to see what tactical and player changes may be made ahead of tomorrows game to try and address it
im looking forward to it!!
by the way dont forget your binoculars and see you there
8-)
ockers

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Bryan wrote:Another six or seven games and it might all be different.

I've not always been Sammy's biggest fan but he deserves more of a chance than six games. Honestly i just don't get the mentality of some so called fans.

The next six or seven games are very tough fixtures and we won't be favourites (on paper) to win many, or any of them.

I have a feeling we might nick a couple of very good surprise results but we may not.

On paper it may not be until October or November before we can realistically start to get a run going.

Sammy will want to be improving before then of course.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:30 pm

shrimper wrote:
I have a feeling we might nick a couple of very good surprise results but we may not.

I agree. Our first win last season was against Shrewsbury, who were in great form at the time.

How many times in the past have we struggled against the "weaker" teams, only to pull something out of the bag when no one expected us to?
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:02 pm

I fancy us to get a point tommorow also I think we will do better against Notts and Daggers
heysham_mfc

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Bryan wrote:Some are calling for the gaffer's head already and we're only six games in.

Lincoln fans were calling for Peter Jackson's head after about 4 games.
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion