O/T The state of Morecambe refurbished areas

O/T The state of Morecambe refurbished areas

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Millions of pounds have been spent on refurbishment of various areas throughout the town.

It's such a pity therefore that the council can't see its way to keeping the same areas clear of rubbish as well as keeping the grass tidy.

The area opposite to the Midland Hotel is already opvergrown and looks as though the grass hasn't been cut for months. Beers cans and general litter is scattered near to the kids playground, as in the area near to the LifeBoat station.

Maybe Evelyn should put her energies into sorting this out before trying to stop further development that doesn't fit with her personal agenda.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T The state of Morecambe refurbished areas

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Christies Child wrote:Millions of pounds have been spent on refurbishment of various areas throughout the town.

It's such a pity therefore that the council can't see its way to keeping the same areas clear of rubbish as well as keeping the grass tidy.

The area opposite to the Midland Hotel is already opvergrown and looks as though the grass hasn't been cut for months. Beers cans and general litter is scattered near to the kids playground, as in the area near to the LifeBoat station.

Maybe Evelyn should put her energies into sorting this out before trying to stop further development that doesn't fit with her personal agenda.

Theres certainly NO incentive to take your rubbish home as you get landed with this :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ceive.html

Its openly welcoming fly-tippers :!:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Begs the question 'what do you do with the rubbish of a family of say 5 if the bins are only collected once a fortnight'.....and don't give me any of that crap about taking it to the tip yourself as not everybody has access to a car.

Also in South Lakes the council will not take away carboard of any weight so food packaging can't be re-cycled unless......you've guessed it...you cana take it to an appropriate site yourself.

How?

By Public Tansport?

Not when it's almost £8 return from Sandside to Kendal.

I'll get off my soap box!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Christies Child

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:34 pm

You still can't recycle most plastics either. Even though some food trays/yoghurt pots etc are made from the same plastic as the pop bottles they are happy to take, they won't take them because the bin men aren't trained to recognised the different types of plastic. rediculous!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:43 pm

I am horrified the bin made had the cheek to strike if they did their job properly in the first place fair enough but every week I seem to have a problem with them not taking one thing or another normally the green wheelie bin. I might as well have the complaints dept on speedial I have to ring them that much.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 pm

I think it quite interesting/amusing how different councils operate. We don't yet recycle any plastic what so ever but we do cardboard/paper/tins + glass but our cardboard goes into our green wheelie bins with garden waste. No complaints really here and the council do a very good job everywhere including the town and housing estates, which are never easy.
nobbyshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:Begs the question 'what do you do with the rubbish of a family of say 5 if the bins are only collected once a fortnight'.....and don't give me any of that crap about taking it to the tip yourself as not everybody has access to a car.

Also in South Lakes the council will not take away carboard of any weight so food packaging can't be re-cycled unless......you've guessed it...you cana take it to an appropriate site yourself.

How?

By Public Tansport?

Not when it's almost £8 return from Sandside to Kendal.

I'll get off my soap box!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I can just see someone getting on the bus with 2 wheely bins a a few cardboard boxes
:lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 pm

I can just see someone getting on the bus with 2 wheely bins a a few cardboard boxes
:lol:[/quote]

.......and you know what the council / bus company would say to that.... :o :o :o

Wont be long before private enterprise moves in and takes the lot!

Now there's a thought....... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby skyecat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm

and why is it that you can put all glass in one box - brown, green, clear etc etc - yet when you go to a recycling plant, you are asked to separate them?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

..sounds like a complete shambles to me whoever the local authority is.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:I think it quite interesting/amusing how different councils operate. We don't yet recycle any plastic what so ever but we do cardboard/paper/tins + glass but our cardboard goes into our green wheelie bins with garden waste. No complaints really here and the council do a very good job everywhere including the town and housing estates, which are never easy.

You can recycle plastic at Salt Ayre
campdave

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:04 am

campdave wrote:
You can recycle plastic at Salt Ayre

I took your advice last night Dave about recycling at Salt Ayre.

Almost got me bloody arrested you did :!:

I took my empty milk bottles, the plastic ones (washed out and everything), I went to the deep-end and threw them in.

Those life guards are damn fast runners :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:49 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Millions of pounds have been spent on refurbishment of various areas throughout the town.

Theres certainly NO incentive to take your rubbish home as you get landed with this :

Though I can see the point you're making I'd never use The Daily Mail to back up any sort of argument. It'd be like using the Beano. The Mail is only read by the ignorant to back up their deluded views of what state the country is actually in.
durhamshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:54 am

durhamshrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Though I can see the point you're making I'd never use The Daily Mail to back up any sort of argument. It'd be like using the Beano. The Mail is only read by the ignorant to back up their deluded views of what state the country is actually in.

I read The Daily Mail every day (and The Mail on Sunday) I am certainly not ignorant and have a good idea what state the country is in. Excellent newspaper with a rising circulation.

What do you recommend, The Guardian , The Sun , The Mirror ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:59 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I read The Daily Mail every day (and The Mail on Sunday)

[Keith splutters and scrambles for the 'ban' button...] :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:22 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I read The Daily Mail every day (and The Mail on Sunday) I am certainly not ignorant and have a good idea what state the country is in. Excellent newspaper with a rising circulation.

What do you recommend, The Guardian , The Sun , The Mirror ?

I don't recommend any; they're all there just to back up what their readers already think. The Mail is a worst of a bad bunch though, its headlines and stories are laughable to even the most slightly educated person. Maybe I'm generalising and you do just read it for a laugh but I'm afraid the Daily Mail's view of this country and the actual state of the country are two very different things. Again though, maybe the Mail is right, maybe the country is being overrun by hoody wearing, muslim, kife-wielding, pit bull terrier owning, gypsy peadophile Diana murderers (who are on benefits) listening to rap music and playing Grand Theft Auto and watching Jerry Spinger the Opera. ;)

I think the above comment to jokingly ban you sums up the attitude of the everyday reasonable man to the Daily Mail.
durhamshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 am

Each to their own as they say.

I'm curious what papers others read for a fair and balanced assessment of our country at the moment.

It's all about opinions. It just so happens that I'm with Heysham Shrimp on this one......but then again you'd expect that of me no doubt! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 am

Christies Child wrote:Each to their own as they say.

I'm curious what papers others read for a fair and balanced assessment of our country at the moment.

It's all about opinions. It just so happens that I'm with Heysham Shrimp on this one......but then again you'd expect that of me no doubt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anyone does believe the Daily Mail is fair and balanced then they are beyond help. To the rest of us The Mail's style of reporting stories is pure comedy.

It's not a left/right thing. I'd put the Independent just behind the Mail for the bollocks it spouts but without a doubt The Mail is worse. Each to their own is fair enough in most cases but The Mail is without doubt a hate mongering paper, casting suspicion on anyone who doesn't live white middle class england.
durhamshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:17 am

durhamshrimp wrote:

If anyone does believe the Daily Mail is fair and balanced then they are beyond help. To the rest of us The Mail's style of reporting stories is pure comedy.

It's not a left/right thing. I'd put the Independent just behind the Mail for the bollocks it spouts but without a doubt The Mail is worse. Each to their own is fair enough in most cases but The Mail is without doubt a hate mongering paper, casting suspicion on anyone who doesn't live white middle class england.

...and you read...???????? ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:22 am

Most, if not all National circulation newspapers are a load of boll***'s.
I only bother reading the local rags and I get my national news from BBC website.

The Newspapers all have their own political agenda and you certainly can't rely on any of them for a fair and balanced view of the nation/world.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:44 am

The BBC News still has its own agenda on what to report and what to miss out. The Mail is a terrible paper yes, but I wouldn't have said the Independent was that bad. I read the Guardian or the Times depending on which one is there in the shop, and which one has the best freebies.
Joel Ninety

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

Christies Child wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:

...and you read...???????? ;) ;) ;)

I don't read the papers, all of them have their own agenda, just the Mail's is the worst agenda. Though if I was looking for some intelligent coverage I'd go for The Dandy ahead of the Daily Mail.
durhamshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am

I read the Times as it has a cracking sports section and it's 25p from the uni newsagents :D and the bit of the front pages I do read seem quite balanced.

P.S. the Sunday mails sport section is also very good but I never read the front of it as it does seem a bit mad.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby wonder shrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:50 am

the daily mail should be dragged through the courts for all the foul lies and distortions that it prints, but it never will!

as for rising circulation, any paper that relies of giving out michael caine DVDs to boost circulation is in more trouble than it thinks!

whoever above said that the BBC has its own agenda to pursue is, basically, wrong. they are about as independent as you are going to get in real world, you should be bloody thankful that its there at all!
wonder shrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:53 am

The BBC does have a bit of a middle-class liberal type of agenda but it's about a impartial as you're realistically going to get.
durhamshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion