O/T Car Insurance

O/T Car Insurance

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 am

Can't beat directline. Just been rear-ended by a vicar on the M6 (now there's a thought) - "Sorry I felt a bit sleepy". Directline arranging it, since 9am already dealt with the garage and hire car on it's way.
Phoenix

Re: O/T Car Insurance

Postby Number 1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:02 am

Probably not concentrating and listening to Judas Priest! Let's hope this chapel pay up anyway. He mosque be thinking he should have stopped for a break...

Good insurance companies are hard to come by, but, sikh and ye shall find!

I hope you were telling the truth Brian and it wasn't just a load of cassocks....
Number 1

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:14 am

Very funny, it's humour that kept me going. Went to some friends later in the evening and they'd put a note on the door;

Had an accident?

Not your fault?

Come in and have a drink

I did.

Slap bang on M6 J15. Traffic going slow, car in front stopped, I stopped, next thing I know I'm stood in the middle lane, all the traffic is stopped around me and a guy walks up and says sorry I felt a bit sleepy. Shoved into the car in front but we managed to drive to the hard shoulder where it took 4 phone calls to the police and 90 minutes before the highways agency appeared. Drove home but wildings say the car really should be off the road, so it is. All new front & rear needed. When I trade it in another 3 years, 3/4 of the body work won't be as old as the rest :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:16 am

Junction 15?

No surprise there. There must be an accident between 15 & 16 every other day.

I am always extra vigilant around there. Death Valley
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:28 am

J15 is well known, me & the guy in front took care. We spotted the queue way ahead, slowed down to a gentle stop. I hadn't noticed the guy behind at first, he was a distance away as we started to slow. Obviously he either wasn't looking ahead or his eyes were shut from what he said and he just didn't slow down. Fortunately no one had managed to go any faster than 40 since J11 otherwise I doubt I'd be typing now.

Worse was the police telling us to get behind the barrier. Next time you go past J15 north, look at the triangle of grass surronuded by M6, J15 exit and J15 entrance. We were on that!

Waiting for the police, I'll tell you why there's so many accidents there. People that know there's often queues at J15 actually start to turn off, they go along the slip road until the last moment when they can see whether there's a queue on the M6 or not. No queue, they pull back onto the motorway. We watched 8 do it last night including a break down truck with 2 cars on the back and another in tow.
Phoenix

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:42 am

how is that neck brace? :ugeek: are they any good for whiplash? :idea:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Phoenix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

You'd expect sympathy from your colleagues, maybe they'd ask how you are, offer any help, etc.

But what do you get from a bunch of techies?

An emailed screenshot from the highway cameras :lol: :lol:

crash.jpg
crash.jpg (69.77 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Phoenix

Postby John L » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 pm

It's a shame we can't zoom in!!! :lol:

Hope you're feeling alright now, Brian! ;)
John L

Postby Phoenix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 pm

The peugeot did enough zooming in, thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking at it you wouldn't think at least £3.5K damage.
Phoenix

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 am

Also it doesn't look like there was much of a tailback you mentioned, look at the car in the middle lane, he ain't hanging around :lol:

:zoom:
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion