o/t The MK Stadium

o/t The MK Stadium

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 am

For those of you that have been you will remember it looked a bit weird and unfinished with the empty spaces in the top tier. They are now planning to upgrade it to World Cup standard and double its capacity at a cost of £20M.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 13,00.html

Hosting the World Cup in 2018 seems a long way off, but any thoughts on which grounds would be used? We must have some of the best and the largest choice of Stadia in Europe.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: o/t The MK Stadium

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

There would be at least one that's not even been built yet.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 am

shrimper wrote:There would be at least one that's not even been built yet.

Are you insinuating the World Cup Final could be played on Westgate Glen? :o

Now that would upset the neighbours :lol:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:14 am

No - I mean the fabulous 'Naming Rights Stadium'.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 am

I read the other day that the FA is seriously considering attempting to persuade the rugby bigwigs to let them use Twickenham as a venue. After all, it can now house 85k supporters. Naturally, there is fierce opposition from staunch rugby stalwarts who don't want us uncouth football supporting peasants besmirching their noble arena. Tough titties I say; the Rugby Football Union's bid for the 2015 Rugby World Cup proposes Wembley Stadium as a venue. Share and share alike and all that jazz.
The Fury

Postby eggchaser » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 am

shrimper wrote:Image

Have they just stolen the plans for the emirates and stuck tottingham badges all over it?

The Fury wrote:I read the other day that the FA is seriously considering attempting to persuade the rugby bigwigs to let them use Twickenham as a venue. After all, it can now house 85k supporters. Naturally, there is fierce opposition from staunch rugby stalwarts who don't want us uncouth football supporting peasants besmirching their noble arena. Tough titties I say; the Rugby Football Union's bid for the 2015 Rugby World Cup proposes Wembley Stadium as a venue. Share and share alike and all that jazz.

NEVER!! Theres never been anything other than rugby played at twickenham but wembley seem to let anyone and everyone onto there pitch theres even been yankee football on there for gods sake!
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 pm

The Fury wrote:I read the other day that the FA is seriously considering attempting to persuade the rugby bigwigs to let them use Twickenham as a venue. After all, it can now house 85k supporters. Naturally, there is fierce opposition from staunch rugby stalwarts who don't want us uncouth football supporting peasants besmirching their noble arena. Tough titties I say; the Rugby Football Union's bid for the 2015 Rugby World Cup proposes Wembley Stadium as a venue. Share and share alike and all that jazz.

Yes there is no problem with that Cardiff is used for both football and rugby.

The Welsh aren't as daft as we think they built one superb stadium for £250 million I dread to think how much has been spent on Wembley & Twickenham.

and you can actually get to Cardiff quite easily unlike Wembley and Twickenham which is a nightmare.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm

eggchaser wrote:
shrimper wrote:Image

Have they just stolen the plans for the emirates and stuck tottingham badges all over it?

Who in turn did a copy of the Estadio da Luz (Benfica). Who says new football grounds all look they same? :lol:
Duffman

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:19 pm

eggchaser wrote:[
!

Nothing like it, I mean ours is, erm ...... wavy and that.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Callum wrote:Who in turn did a copy of the Estadio da Luz (Benfica). Who says new football grounds all look they same? :lol:

Yes that is waivy
stadiumdaluz.jpg

As is this one
stadiumnewanfield.jpg
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Tchoh! would you look at those Scousers, ripping off our design, the cheeky scamps.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 pm

shrimper wrote:Tchoh! would you look at those Scousers, ripping off our design, the cheeky scamps.

Looks more like a pizza hut to me
marky No.1

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Callum wrote:Who in turn did a copy of the Estadio da Luz (Benfica). Who says new football grounds all look they same? :lol:

Yes that is waivy
stadiumdaluz.jpg

As is this one
stadiumnewanfield.jpg

Inside it's identical. 3 tiers, all the same height, including a small middle tier around the ground. It was even designed by the same company. :lol:
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I'd hate to see traditional football hotbeds miss out. The north is littered with footballing heritage and history, the south isn't yet it is here where I can see the majority of games heading.

Nottingham plans to build a new stadium which would eventually be used by Forest (and who knows, Notts County?) but is sure to be pitted against Derby and Leicester in the bidding process. I'd be against giving Spurs, Arsenal and Wembley (all North London) games if it meant more than one of the venues in the East Midlands for example misses out in favour of spreading the game to areas such as the South Coast, Bristol, Milton Keynes and other obscure places that currently don't have and probably never will require a 40,000 seater stadium.

First things first, lets win the bid!

RRW
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:53 pm

RedRedWine wrote:First things first, lets win the bid!

Indeed. I hope that fuss at West Ham won't ruin things :?
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:First things first, lets win the bid!

Indeed. I hope that fuss at West Ham won't ruin things :?

Yet another reason why Southern based clubs should not get the majority of games. They have a proven record of causing trouble. I'd say that most have a parochial and pathetic hooligan element attached to them. This I find is generally exacerbated by youths who have seen a Danny Dyer television programme which glamorises wearing shit clothes and snorting crushed up polo mints.

All group matches to be played within a fifty mile radius of the chip on my shoulder, or failing that somewhere that serves gravy on chips.

RRW
RedRedWine1

Postby Number 1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Would they use this too?

Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Number 1 wrote:Would they use this too?

I would enjoy watching us win a 100M Olympic Gold Medal there in 2012, but as for a Football Match :x
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Number 1 wrote:Would they use this too?

I would enjoy watching us win a 100M Olympic Gold Medal there in 2012, but as for a Football Match :x

it would be ok if they redesigned the pitch so there was no running track around the edge
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm

They did that with Eastlands didn't they? Could the lower tier of seating be 'shallowed out' to close in on the pitch?
Harry

Return to General Discussion