Phil Jevons

Re: Phil Jevons

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

PJ made L2 team of the week ~ well done ;)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 874,00.pdf
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:20 pm

rickster wrote:yes but every goal kick was targeted for mullins head

Where would you suggest goal kicks are targeted? Danny Adams' head?

We didn't play the long ball and none of our goals came that way, but Mullin is a good 'out ball' when we're under pressure and is a good target for goal-kicks, which are always played long, and free kicks from our own half.

He held it up superbly and I can't remember a single time he failed to find a colleague on the ground. Headers, well it depends if anyone's up with him to receive the nod-ons but he succeeded in that quite a few times.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I felt sorry for Twissy, who has (for me) been better than Jevons this season. But on Friday's performance you can't argue with playing the Jevons/Mullin combination up front.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:31 pm

....and that after only playing 90 minutes together argues well for the future.

As someone who questioned the wisdom of bringing the guy on board, within the first 15 minutes he provided an outlet for others to make the most of and when he gets familiar with our style and the quality around him, he'll be an asset and quite rightly prompt one or two to say 'CC shut the f*ck up!'...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Callum wrote:It was stated that both IC and PJ can be recalled in January. Basically we're a shop window for the them, if they play well here they might be sold by Huddersfield come January.

It's a win win for Huddersfield. It'll be interesting if they keep up their form until then.

Worst case scenario pour moi is not so much IC and PJ putting themselves firmly in the shop window. I think most Morecambe supporters would welcome that.
But, no matter how well things are going up front, if the defence is still leaking goals and chucking away points the team will still be in a lowly league position.
If that happens then losing either player, but particularly PJ without a sound replacement could lead to a nail-biting last third of the season.
Plain Peter

Postby Duffman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Peter wrote:
Callum wrote:It was stated that both IC and PJ can be recalled in January. Basically we're a shop window for the them, if they play well here they might be sold by Huddersfield come January.

It's a win win for Huddersfield. It'll be interesting if they keep up their form until then.

Worst case scenario pour moi is not so much IC and PJ putting themselves firmly in the shop window. I think most Morecambe supporters would welcome that.
But, no matter how well things are going up front, if the defence is still leaking goals and chucking away points the team will still be in a lowly league position.
If that happens then losing either player, but particularly PJ without a sound replacement could lead to a nail-biting last third of the season.

Best case scenario is they play OK until then, not attract attention in January then go on to get us into the play-offs. 8-)
Duffman

Postby sgt major » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am

Look everyone - let's get this blip to our form over with early on and once our signings have gelled watch us take off. Having watched the clip of our Rochdale goals and the build up play to create them we should be fine.

As they say in Dad's Army - "Don't Panic"
sgt major

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:59 am

sgt major wrote:Look everyone - let's get this blip to our form over with early on and once our signings have gelled watch us take off. Having watched the clip of our Rochdale goals and the build up play to create them we should be fine.

EXACTLY
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SwintonMiller » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Just wait till you see Le Fondre he is better than Jevons i think, he can finish the scraps as well.
SwintonMiller

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

We know all about ALF, seen him at Rochdale, good player. So is Ryan Taylor. No-one will be surprised if you beat us, but we gave you a good game last season and WE have strengthened our squad as well.

Just have to stop giving silly goals away and inviting pressure.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Mark S » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:
sgt major wrote:Look everyone - let's get this blip to our form over with early on and once our signings have gelled watch us take off. Having watched the clip of our Rochdale goals and the build up play to create them we should be fine.

EXACTLY

http://www.ttpics.co.uk/shrimpsvoices/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4800

Christies Child wrote:If I'm honest I think the play offs are a wee bit too far for us this season. For me it's about survival; ensuring that our loaness want to stay longer than January and looking for a complete sort out of the older brigade close season.

If we can achieve anywhere near what we did last season in terms of points then that will be satisfactory. Anything else and it will be a bonus.

Having said that, we've without question got a more potent strike force than ever before under Sammy, but I just hope he doesn't let loyalty to certain individuals cloud his judgement. I'm all for giving youth a try if things don't improve (assuming that the Board haven't altered things by November) and if that means giving the young centre back signed from Oldham a blooding so be it.

Come on CC! At least be consistent. From Sunday to Tuesday you have gone from warning us that the play offs are already out of reach and Sammy may be sacked in November to urging us to keep the faith? :roll:

:lol: :lol: It wouldnt be the same without you on here, it really wouldnt!
Mark S

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Time to discuss this thread again?
Plain Peter

Previous

Return to General Discussion