Play offs?

Play offs?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:03 pm

If I'm honest I think the play offs are a wee bit too far for us this season. For me it's about survival; ensuring that our loaness want to stay longer than January and looking for a complete sort out of the older brigade close season.

If we can achieve anywhere near what we did last season in terms of points then that will be satisfactory. Anything else and it will be a bonus.

Having said that, we've without question got a more potent strike force than ever before under Sammy, but I just hope he doesn't let loyalty to certain individuals cloud his judgement. I'm all for giving youth a try if things don't improve (assuming that the Board haven't altered things by November) and if that means giving the young centre back signed from Oldham a blooding so be it.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Play offs?

Postby sandgroneun » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Christies Child wrote:If I'm honest I think the play offs are a wee bit too far for us this season. For me it's about survival; ensuring that our loaness want to stay longer than January and looking for a complete sort out of the older brigade close season.

If we can achieve anywhere near what we did last season in terms of points then that will be satisfactory. Anything else and it will be a bonus.

Having said that, we've without question got a more potent strike force than ever before under Sammy, but I just hope he doesn't let loyalty to certain individuals cloud his judgement. I'm all for giving youth a try if things don't improve (assuming that the Board haven't altered things by November) and if that means giving the young centre back signed from Oldham a blooding so be it.

Don't hold your breath.How long did he persevere with Michael Carr last season?
sandgroneun

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:48 am

don't give up yet CC, we can still do it just a bit of belive and some luck and we will be up there again!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:36 am

We have more chance of having a few lesbians in the team than making the playoffs :!:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby marky » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:50 am

Before the season started, I didn't think we'd get to the play offs and after 6 games I still don't. However, with the squad we have now, just matching last season's performance would have to be seen as a failure from a management point of view.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:55 am

marky wrote:Before the season started, I didn't think we'd get to the play offs and after 6 games I still don't. However, with the squad we have now, just matching last season's performance would have to be seen as a failure from a management point of view.

as harsh as that seems with the players that Sammy has been allowed to bring in and the backing the board has given him I would have to agree. I think the board would be looking to push on from last season with the budget Sammy has been given.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:10 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:We have more chance of having a few lesbians in the team than making the playoffs :!:

Only time will tell!!! 8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby eggchaser » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 am

Every clubs start of seasons expectation is to better there performance from the previous season, we just missed out on the play offs last season so therefore shouldnt we be aiming for the playoffs as a minimum and anything below that (taking into account the amount of money thats been spent assembling this squad) would be regarded as a failure.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am

Two cheeky wins and the shrimps will be near the play offs , it will come only earlydays with the best attack in league 2 ,the defence will follow suit. Keep the faith and get behind the lads. Confidence equals success Mr R. :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Return to General Discussion