Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Bit of a strange scenario this morning at my gym - having just completed a 10 mile run in preparation for the Great North Run in a couple of weeks I fancied a bit of a stretch, losen up and sit in the steam room. Anyway I do a bit of weights and then head for the mats to get a stretch - its also right next to the door where the ladies exit thier gym class so its the only time I can ever excercise and have a smile on my face at the same time - well apart from when excercising my right arm in the local:D .
Giving the old hams a stretch a notice a rather large dude who I think wow! - could do with borrowing his legs for the run!. Its then I notice the magpies on his shorts and then the penny drops - its Sol with one of the County coaches. 2 minutes later and the coach comes over and asks 'you using that mate?' - 'no mate' I say - 'I think he needs it more than me!'(tongue in cheek) - 'your not kidding' he says to which I ask 'is he not fit then?' - 'far from it he says!'
I must admit I resited the temptation to go over and say to Sol - 'Hey in 2 weeks time a guy called Michaell Twiss will show you league 2 is not going to be easy as you think! But looking at how he was 'training' and what the coach says I don't think its likley he will show at Christie - good job really as by 5pm on Sat 19th September Morecambe will have beaten the clubs who are the currently the best in the league (Millers) and richest in the league (County).

The last time I predicted Morecambe were due a result I spent the weekend in London and took a train to Gillingham - the 58 MFC fans who were there will know how wrong I was but I truly believe we will be in the mix for the play offs this season and I cannot believe that some so called Morecambe fans are calling for Sammy to go - keep ther faith and take a longer term view and get behind this club - you don't need to look far down the road to see how much worse things could be.
SkinnyShrimp

Re: Sol Campbell

Postby Mark S » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Great post :D
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Great post here.
And how to do it
;)
morecambe mick

Postby skyecat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:24 pm

:)
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Sol's girlfriend lives in Newcastle but the Club have incurred a £15,000 a week basic wage cap on new players. Seems that was one reason for him to take the £40K at Notts.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:35 pm

So you didn't set any booby traps then?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion