Support for Sammy and the team

Support for Sammy and the team

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Sack Sammy after a handful of games? What utter nonsence! Results may have been disapointing but I would say I have been more entertained in the few games I have seen so far than the 25 or so games I saw last season!

He is no doubt feeling the presssure but let's see where we are at at Christmas bufore we make any silly decisions. I would be very supprised if we are not sitting in the top-half of League 2 by then. All this from one of the league's newest teams with a hardcore support of less than 2000.

Once Sam works-out his best 11 and sorts-out the defence a little we will be just fine. For the first time in ages we have creative goal scorers in the team and if they continue to score like they have been doing, wins will surely follow.

KEEP THE FAITH EVERYONE!
Wild Bill

Re: Support for Sammy and the team

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:54 pm

if he can sort both full-back postions out am sure will push up the table, this is where ALL the trouble is starting from

everything else in the team looks positive, cant complain..
George Dawes

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:59 pm

we have only played six games and only lost 2 so whats everyone worring about....it will all be fine
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:02 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:we have only played six games and only lost 2 so whats everyone worring about....it will all be fine

Yes and big thanks should go to Grimsby and Darlington for supporting us from below 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:33 pm

DawZi wrote:if he can sort both full-back postions out am sure will push up the table, this is where ALL the trouble is starting from

everything else in the team looks positive, cant complain..

The full backs played ok las night it was the centre backs who were out of position all the time and short of pace . ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:07 pm

all i seen was there wide men starting attacks from them cutting inside our fullbacks allowing them to run at Artell & Bentley :ugeek: ;)
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm

DawZi wrote:all i seen was there wide men starting attacks from them cutting inside our fullbacks allowing them to run at Artell & Bentley :ugeek: ;)

They seemed to be targeting Moss on our right hand side more so in the second half.
Even in the first half they pressured him, having two or more very close to him when he was in possession.
Basically our defenders are too slow, as mentioned to me last night, especially in a 4. Maybe get away with it in a 3 where they don't have to cover as much ground.

I would have liked to see Parrish come on early in the second half for Moss. At the same time fetch Twiss on for Craney, who for me had a very quiet 2nd half against Rochdale.
morecambe mick

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Go back to the 5-3-2 we used last season imo. With that formation, our lack of pace at the back didn't matter and we were great defensively.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:02 pm

james456 wrote:Go back to the 5-3-2 we used last season imo. With that formation, our lack of pace at the back didn't matter and we were great defensively.

flat back 4 of McStay Artell Bentley Wislon

apart from Bentley id say all there's no slow coaches, but Bentley makes up for it in other ways and is still fast compared to Adams

just play Drummy infront of em in a old fashioned sweepers role
George Dawes

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Adams didn't put a foot wrong last night. Moss is constantly out of position, therefore one of the central defenders gets pulled wide. In my opinion, sort that out and our defence will tighten up. Other than that no one can say that the new season isnt entertaining.
Keep the faith and i'm confident the Management will sort it.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Stu and sammy should have a look at graham alexander videos and study the successful role/ position he is playing at burnley, I think as a clever player, that position in front of the centre backs would suit him, and us, very well, we all like a moan when things are not going well, but if, on paper wehave a good team that go into the changing room 3 up at half time, fans are entitled to have views on what went wrong in the second half :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Just watched the highlights.

Goal one - Their man was stood in tons of space in line with the rest of our defence. Absolute gift - this was was just general sloppiness in the defence in not marking at all.

Goal two - Their man was just too good in the air for Adams from the corner - someone else with more height and aerial presence should have been marking the scorer.

Goal three - No urgency to get the ball clear when it was in our own 6 yard box. It was at the feet of Adams and could have just tapped it two yards to his left to put it out of play but Rochdale took it off him and the result was a goal.

Moss gave them loads of space down his side of the pitch but I can't see evidence that he was at fault for any of their goals. I think it was specifically a team issue. We took a 3 goal lead and thought we could cruise through the rest of the match when Rochdale were obviously going to come out and throw everything at us in the second half. We just needed to keep the ball and defend to a reasonable standard - not play like brazil.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Stu and sammy should have a look at graham alexander videos and study the successful role/ position he is playing at burnley, I think as a clever player, that position in front of the centre backs would suit him, and us, very well, we all like a moan when things are not going well, but if, on paper wehave a good team that go into the changing room 3 up at half time, fans are entitled to have views on what went wrong in the second half :?:

totally agree especially as Drummy is getting older, sweeping up danger using is brains & experience and passing ability like Beckenbauer & Matthaus did with Germany, they got better with age
George Dawes

Postby About Halfway » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:15 pm

I agree that moss is taking his time fitting in. I do feel sorry for him though. Once crainey was subbed, we had no right winger. Gaz Hunter tucked into the middle which left Moss with a left winger and a left back to deal with.

Sammy has to play with two orthadox wingers who provide cover when teams double up on our full backs. Palying a left winger and then 3 central mids leaves us exposed. Duffy and wilson have to start but who do u leave out through the middle?

Do u go 4-5-1 with our new target man and crainey off him? Do u go 3-5-2 and play wing backs with a strike partner for mullin? Do you play the 4-4-2 and leave out some real quality? There are plenty of people who know better than Sammy and Mark on this forum, aparrently.

Booing the team doesnt help, If it upsets you that much, stay awayand do us all a favour. There are so many people who watch morecambe who only make comments when a pass goes a stray or a chance is missed. They dont say a word when something good happens.
About Halfway

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 am

About Halfway wrote:I agree that moss is taking his time fitting in. I do feel sorry for him though. Once crainey was subbed, we had no right winger. Gaz Hunter tucked into the middle which left Moss with a left winger and a left back to deal with.

Sammy has to play with two orthadox wingers who provide cover when teams double up on our full backs. Palying a left winger and then 3 central mids leaves us exposed. Duffy and wilson have to start but who do u leave out through the middle?

Do u go 4-5-1 with our new target man and crainey off him? Do u go 3-5-2 and play wing backs with a strike partner for mullin? Do you play the 4-4-2 and leave out some real quality? There are plenty of people who know better than Sammy and Mark on this forum, aparrently.

Booing the team doesnt help, If it upsets you that much, stay awayand do us all a favour. There are so many people who watch morecambe who only make comments when a pass goes a stray or a chance is missed. They dont say a word when something good happens.

id go 4-5-1 going with Twiss on the left channel Jevons down the right channel of Mullin and Craney behind

then Drummond Panther the holding players

Midfielders Stanley Duffy Wainwright on the bench :shock: :|
Last edited by George Dawes on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:50 am

james456 wrote:Just watched the highlights.

Goal one - Their man was stood in tons of space in line with the rest of our defence. Absolute gift - this was was just general sloppiness in the defence in not marking at all.

Goal two - Their man was just too good in the air for Adams from the corner - someone else with more height and aerial presence should have been marking the scorer.

Goal three - No urgency to get the ball clear when it was in our own 6 yard box. It was at the feet of Adams and could have just tapped it two yards to his left to put it out of play but Rochdale took it off him and the result was a goal.

Moss gave them loads of space down his side of the pitch but I can't see evidence that he was at fault for any of their goals. I think it was specifically a team issue. We took a 3 goal lead and thought we could cruise through the rest of the match when Rochdale were obviously going to come out and throw everything at us in the second half. We just needed to keep the ball and defend to a reasonable standard - not play like brazil.

All our goals on Friday came from well crafted play. See what diiference there is when we play it on the deck. Nobody can complain about our inability to score goals, but at the other end..... :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:56 am

i know this is a crazy but Brian Clough once said "attack is the best system of defence"

this is the case for Morecambe
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 am

and Seal once said "But we're never gonna survive unless... We get a little crazy. "

:lol:
George Dawes

Postby SPARK » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:27 am

What a load of tosh. Sack Sammy your having a laugh.

Next you'll be wanting Harvey back with 10 defenders on the pitch and then when we go 1-0 up he'll make a sub bringing on a 12th defender and we'll lose 2-1.

Play the sexy football, take the game to the opposition. Enjoy the game, sod the result - they will come. Remember Man U a few years back when they used to conceed 2 goals every game but would score 4 against you.

Sammy will turn this round, so get off your high horse and back Sammy, the team and if you see a boo boy give him a kick up the a**.
Last edited by SPARK on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPARK

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:29 am

So, summing things up, its the tactics, not the players :?: :?:

And is, little crazy, now serving a three year football ban :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 am

DawZi wrote:

A sweeper plays behind the back line.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:55 am

campdave wrote:
DawZi wrote:

A sweeper plays behind the back line.

i was waiting for that remark, it's either depends if your playing a off-side trap
George Dawes

Postby skyecat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:07 pm

For what it`s worth, i`ve been increasingly impressed by the forwards have been playing over the last few games and as such, think by October / November, that we will have an attacking side to rival the best teams in the league.
The midfield needs some tweaking, whether that be by player changes, tactical changes, or more directions and instructions from the captain or Manager - i`m not sure, but I think if and when the defense start to play better together - again, I`m not sure if it`s direction from on or off the pitch that`s needed or player changes - but I really do think that come November, we can be looking at a really strong team which will back up what a lot of people on here, (including me) have said "this is the strongest team that Morecambe FC have ever fielded".
OK, so we`re not winning the matches... at the moment, but we`re not losing them either and at the end of the season, if we`ve turned our form round, those odd points from draws early on, rather than losses could make ALL the difference.
Unfortunate about Haining getting injured so early on, same with Fraser, but, just on Friday, I was commenting at how strong our overall squad is - including the bench - competition for places will be increasingly strong, not to mention, the options to fill in for injured players will show and over all, at the end of the season, it`s the strength of the squad that regularly makes the difference.
Stick with it!
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby halfwayliner » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Well said.
halfwayliner

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 am

About Halfway wrote:I agree that moss is taking his time fitting in. I do feel sorry for him though. Once crainey was subbed, we had no right winger. Gaz Hunter tucked into the middle which left Moss with a left winger and a left back to deal with.

Very interesting summary, thanks.

Wainwright as the right wingback perhaps?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion