Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising

Postby Bryan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:40 am

I can't have been the only one who noticed the full moon rising behind the south stand during this game. Maybe that will explain the madness out there. I thought we were magnificent in the first half. The forwards deserve great credit and Wilson looks better with every game. Panther and Drummond were ok as a midfield pair going forward but oh dear the second half was pure pants.

We look great in possesion, going forward, but when we don't have the ball it reflects our true League position. We're awful when the opposition has the ball and when it comes to doing the 'ugly' side of the game we've totally lost our way.

However no team should surrender a three goal advantage at home. Bloody hell we could have just booted the ball over the Car Wash for the entire second half (i am joking by the way) and maybe at least got the win we so badly need. The thing is is it beyond the wit of man (and if we are going to continue playing 4-4-2) to defend a three goal lead by actually being organised and defend properly with two banks of four.

It was appaling to watch as we descended into a ragbag of nonsense with no sense of discipline. Moss has had a chance to impress. He might be a world beater by Chrimbo but at the mo looks a terrible signing. Hunter had to come on to sure up that right hand side when he was really needed earlier, in the middle of the park.

Defensively Drummie and Panther didn't work together as a midfield pair. No real protection for the back four again. We have to defend as a unit. Artell and Bentley just look isolated and exposed this season. But that doesn't excuse lapses in concentration. Adams had his best game this season (these things are relative) and when he skinned that lad to put a cross on Mullins bonce it was a highlight of the game.

I felt sorry for the forwards. For having got us in a winning position were let down by an unaceptable performance from the rest. I'm normally positive and do think we can get out of the pooh. We're great going forward but until we start keeping clean sheets we will be looking up the table i'm afraid.

For Rotherham: McStay in for Moss. Hunter for Drummie. Hope Heinning gets better soon and take your wellies as their pitch is a real sticky dog at the moment.

Keep the faith but this felt like a defeat rather than a draw.
Bryan

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby Gnasher » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 am

That's the last time I text Mark S just before half time :cry:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby sandgrown » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Bryan wrote:I can't have been the only one who noticed the full moon rising behind the south stand during this game. Maybe that will explain the madness out there. I thought we were magnificent in the first half. The forwards deserve great credit and Wilson looks better with every game. Panther and Drummond were ok as a midfield pair going forward but oh dear the second half was pure pants.

We look great in possesion, going forward, but when we don't have the ball it reflects our true League position. We're awful when the opposition has the ball and when it comes to doing the 'ugly' side of the game we've totally lost our way.

However no team should surrender a three goal advantage at home. Bloody hell we could have just booted the ball over the Car Wash for the entire second half (i am joking by the way) and maybe at least got the win we so badly need. The thing is is it beyond the wit of man (and if we are going to continue playing 4-4-2) to defend a three goal lead by actually being organised and defend properly with two banks of four.

It was appaling to watch as we descended into a ragbag of nonsense with no sense of discipline. Moss has had a chance to impress. He might be a world beater by Chrimbo but at the mo looks a terrible signing. Hunter had to come on to sure up that right hand side when he was really needed earlier, in the middle of the park.

Defensively Drummie and Panther didn't work together as a midfield pair. No real protection for the back four again. We have to defend as a unit. Artell and Bentley just look isolated and exposed this season. But that doesn't excuse lapses in concentration. Adams had his best game this season (these things are relative) and when he skinned that lad to put a cross on Mullins bonce it was a highlight of the game.

I felt sorry for the forwards. For having got us in a winning position were let down by an unaceptable performance from the rest. I'm normally positive and do think we can get out of the pooh. We're great going forward but until we start keeping clean sheets we will be looking up the table i'm afraid.

For Rotherham: McStay in for Moss. Hunter for Drummie. Hope Heinning gets better soon and take your wellies as their pitch is a real sticky dog at the moment.

Keep the faith but this felt like a defeat rather than a draw.

I too commented on the moon, not knowing the omen it was to bring.

god post, when fit I would like to see Haining and Mc Stay together.

have to agree that Drummie should have been subbed, especially after his bad miss.

Bentley and Artell are to slow, and any one running at them with a simple one two has us opened up.

the goals against column says it all, it's the players or the system or both to blame, but Sammy has to change something and quick !
sandgrown

Postby Star08 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:47 pm

It's the Harvest Moon, so should have been about reaping what we sow... which doesn't bode well in the circumstances ... and it didn't have a happy face on it either, though it looked cheerier than it did on Tuesday night. :roll:
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:49 pm

would have to be a massive u turn by the management to go with your selections/ideas
neither parrish or mcstay were on the bench last night
the loans window opens tuesday and there have been hints at offloads
:geek:
ockers

Return to General Discussion