Where is the main problem ( apart from the obvious )

Re: Where is the main problem ( apart from the obvious )

Postby Moose » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 am

ezz wrote:He did change things around, but 2-3 players isn't going to change it enough so Sammy put Hunter on to try and strengthen the effort to defend the lead as it seemed we just wern't going to try and attack.

And where exactly was Mr. Hunter Playing?.... pretty sure it wasn't his usual proven position?
Changes were made at half time which obviously worked for them, why leave it so long to try and counteract their changes? A game of two halves I have heard tonight, well... no..., no it wasn't. There is no way we deserved to be 3-0 up after the 1st half. They knew that and made changes. They could of had more in the 2nd half but for our quality keeper.
Not sure what to think after that, but from 3-0 up???? to a draw... Hhmmm...
Pissed off is an understatement, sort the bloody defence out... a clean sheet this season???? after that... yeah right. Poor Barry is all I can say.
Moose

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 am

Moose wrote:
ezz wrote:He did change things around, but 2-3 players isn't going to change it enough so Sammy put Hunter on to try and strengthen the effort to defend the lead as it seemed we just wern't going to try and attack.

And where exactly was Mr. Hunter Playing?.... pretty sure it wasn't his usual proven position?
Changes were made at half time which obviously worked for them, why leave it so long to try and counteract their changes? A game of two halves I have heard tonight, well... no..., no it wasn't. There is no way we deserved to be 3-0 up after the 1st half. They knew that and made changes. They could of had more in the 2nd half but for our quality keeper.
Not sure what to think after that, but from 3-0 up???? to a draw... Hhmmm...
Pissed off is an understatement, sort the bloody defence out... a clean sheet this season???? after that... yeah right. Poor Barry is all I can say.

you wont get better than Artell & Bentley for a center-back partnership our full -backs are "DIRE"
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:57 am

Stanners has to be reinstated in the side, and the only place for him would be instead of Drummy.

Dave Artell has been playing well and has earned his place but Jimbo doesn't look the player he was at the moment. If Haining was fit I would play him instead of Jimbo. Otherwise no changes and the next team :

Roche

Moss Artell Bentley Adams

Craney Stanley Panther Wilson

Mullin Jevons

A big plus last night was Paul Mullin. One or two on here were suggesting that Wayne could have been our target man. Last night we saw what a target man is really like.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:04 am

Personally, I still prefer 5 at the back and 3 in midfield.

GK: Roche
RWB: McStay
LWB: Wilson
CB: Artell
CB: Bentley
CB: Adams
MF: Panther
MF: Craney
MF: Duffy
FW: Jevons
FW: Mullin

Subs: Davies; Parrish; Drummond; Stanley; Hunter; Curtis; Twiss
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:A big plus last night last night was Paul Mullin. One or two on here were suggesting that Wayne could have been our target man. Last night we saw what a target man is really like.

I couldn't agree more and that's a mere glimpse of what's to come from this honest 100 per center who looks to have cemented his place in the side on his debut........................still had to keep pinching myself just to make sure I wasn't seeing things after all the years of torment endured before he came over from the darkside :lol:

Over the moon to see him in MFC colours :D
HALMA 1983

Postby DMC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 am

A manager who does not know what his best team despite having a better squad than last year
A manager who has no faith in youth so opts for experience every time
A manager who appears to have his favourites leaving some never getting a game
A manager who does not know how to use his substitutes
A team with little or no pace- a couple of minor exceptions-Wilson
A team with too may key players over 30
A defence that can not cope with pace or anyone running at them, especially on the counter attack
A manager who did not rate Yates
DMC

Postby sandgroneun » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:05 am

Not being possible to come to the game last night,I followed it on "text"
Up until they scored their 1st we had enjoyed 74% possesion,had 3 shots on goal & scored 3 goals! Bt the end of the game,the stats were -
Morecambe / Rochdale
Possesion 49% / 51%
Shots on target 3 / 8
Shots off target 13 / 2
Corners 3 / 12

Having made 2 substitutions at half time the game appeared to change dramatically.
Did they alter their formation to ensure that we relinquished so much possesion?
If so,it appeared SM did nothing to counteract it and only used like for like substitutions!
Obviously something went wrong!
sandgroneun

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:10 am

patrick_peters wrote:well i dont understand why notts can buy playres like cambell and we cant? old ex prem players wth good experience is what we need in the back 4 imo.

You don't think it has anything to do with Notts County being owned by a billionaire finance group and we're not? It's like saying I don't understand why I drive a nine year old Land Rover when there is a new, £30,000 one that is much nicer? Well, I drive the nine year old one because I can afford it and I can't afford the nicer one. Now do you understand?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:14 am

DMC wrote:A manager who does not know what his best team despite having a better squad than last year
A manager who has no faith in youth so opts for experience every time
A manager who appears to have his favourites leaving some never getting a game
A manager who does not know how to use his substitutes
A team with little or no pace- a couple of minor exceptions-Wilson
A team with too may key players over 30
A defence that can not cope with pace or anyone running at them, especially on the counter attack
A manager who did not rate Yates

1- There are no youth players in the squad that would get in the starting 11

2- Every manager has favourites Sammy's is Adams (who apparently is rated as our best defender at the mo by many)

3- Yates wanted to leave, Sammy tried to keep him.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 am

Why do you think they're only buying loads of good players this season...
Harry

Postby parceldave » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:30 am

- Yates wanted to leave, Sammy tried to keep him.

Oh so you were there in the managers office when they had talks. Nothing to do with not being played at the begining of last season and put out on loan to Burton when your playing well. :o
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 am

[quote="sandgroneun"]Not being possible to come to the game last night,I followed it on "text"
Up until they scored their 1st we had enjoyed 74% possesion,had 3 shots on goal & scored 3 goals! Bt the end of the game,the stats were -
Morecambe / Rochdale
Possesion 49% / 51%
Shots on target 3 / 8
Shots off target 13 / 2
Corners 3 / 12

Having made 2 substitutions at half time the game appeared to change dramatically.
Did they alter their formation to ensure that we relinquished so much possesion?

For what it's now worth as soon as Higginbotham appeared as a sub I felt something was about to change. I saw this guy run us ragged at a Res game at Rossendale last season. A game at which both Sammy and Mark were present.

Even the Rochdale radio crew behind me said watch out for extra pace on the right and so it happened.

Of course it could have been oh so different had Drummy made it 4-1 with the close range shot that went over the bar.

Have to say that I thought the ref was crap but that doesn't make up in any way for a terrible second half.

Let's not forget that Hill their manager made expert use of his subs. I wonder how we would have rected given the same sitution?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby halfwayliner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 am

Sammy needs to get up to the north stand and watch from there,Mark Lillis can sort out what needs doing from the touchline, he may see the game from a different angle and realise when to put subs on. Last nights line up looked good and a very strong bench, which most fans thought should have done well. Looked like the same problem of when to sub as in the Hereford match. Having a strong subs bench means nothing if you dont sub properly.Ps the song at the end was spot on Your Unbelievable.
halfwayliner

Postby patrick_peters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:52 am

sorry keith i didnt no about the owner of notts being rich i just though cambell wanted to play for them because he liked nottingham and his wife does too. sorry for the misunderstanding :)
patty
patrick_peters

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:16 pm

halfwayliner wrote:Sammy needs to get up to the north stand and watch from there,Mark Lillis can sort out what needs doing from the touchline, he may see the game from a different angle and realise when to put subs on. Last nights line up looked good and a very strong bench, which most fans thought should have done well. Looked like the same problem of when to sub as in the Hereford match. Having a strong subs bench means nothing if you dont sub properly.Ps the song at the end was spot on Your Unbelievable.

a good shout, things seem to take ages to sink i with SM
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Things could be a lot worse tha knows
Unidentified-Human.jpg

...and Rene Howe has just scored his 2nd for Lincoln

Doh! Accy have just scored ~ again! :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

parceldave wrote:- Yates wanted to leave, Sammy tried to keep him.

Oh so you were there in the managers office when they had talks. :o

Presumably you have knowledge of this, or are you making assumptions too?
campdave

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:13 am

It isn't hard to see what the problem is, the two centre backs and the god awful substitutions the manager makes.
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:11 pm

If we got centre bscks with pace our problems would be solved(ish).
Little Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion