Phil Jevons

Phil Jevons

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Just a quick message to all the people who have been saying he should be dropped from team .... 4 goals from 6 starts (scores a goal every couple of games not a bad player at all)
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Phil Jevons

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Totally agree, thought mullin looked to play well alongside him and craney,but i think we need a new manager, I would plum for Colin Hendry :!:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Just a quick message to all the people who have been saying he should be dropped from team .... 4 goals from 6 starts (scores a goal every couple of games not a bad player at all)

...and just as I've been on about for weeks now, what a difference in his performance with a target man alongside.

I've expressed by reservations about Paul Mullin, but on the evidence of tonight he has added that much needed agression and target man that we've been needing for some time now. Just a pity that al his efforts could be wasted due to our defensive shortcomings and too negative second half tactics on the part of the manager as evident tonight.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby sandgroneun » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:50 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Totally agree, thought mullin looked to play well alongside him and craney,but i think we need a new manager, I would plum for Colin Hendry :!:

Wonder if Wil Haining would concur with your opinion :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sandgroneun

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Totally agree, thought mullin looked to play well alongside him and craney,but i think we need a new manager, I would plum for Colin Hendry :!:

Would that be the same Colin Hendry ex Blackburn and Scotland legend :o :o :o :o ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Colin Hendry :o

I can think of someone else and he was there tonight :o

Jevons was very good tonight esp the second goal a proper strikers finish. You can't fault the strikers at the moment Jevons, Craney, Twiss are all doing their job just a shame about the other end.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby patrick_peters » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 pm

erm just stop me if im on the wrong tracks but why on earth would colin hendry want to come to a smal club like morecambe when he is manager at blackburn? they are a bigger club and his wages will be better there its just stupid to think that kind of thing ?
patty
patrick_peters

Postby sandgroneun » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:11 am

P/T Indie wrote:Colin Hendry :o

Jevons was very good tonight esp the second goal a proper strikers finish. You can't fault the strikers at the moment Jevons, Craney, Twiss are all doing their job just a shame about the other end.

I might be wrong but I am sure JC once said that he would manage MFC for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sandgroneun

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:15 am

I'd manager MFC for nothing, it would be more profitable than my current profession
:Bad Poker player :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby sandgroneun » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:23 am

ezz wrote:I'd manager MFC for nothing, it would be more profitable than my current profession
:Bad Poker player :lol:

Bad or unlucky? Same senario applies to SM :!: :!: :!: :!:
sandgroneun

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:49 am

Twiss even though he didn't score, shown more Morecambe promise in-game, and must have been gutted being dropped

for me than Wilson -> Adams(its just me am racist about over weight people if that's what you wanna think and that i would like to set up death camps for the elderly women and children)

Twiss -> Wilson
George Dawes

Postby A.J » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am

yeah i think jevons is a gud player... he may not seem to always put in the performances but he scoring goals and thats wat everybody wanted, a goal scorer
A.J

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 am

I think he is a good player and can score a few goals as well which is what we need when we can't keep a clean sheet
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 am

P/T Indie wrote:Colin Hendry :o

Stuart McAlle from Bradford was in the paddock tonight with his sidekick. He applauded all our goals and looked like he enjoyed the match.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:53 am

A good performance in the first half, but he seemed very reluctant to chase down defenders and tackle when we were on the ropes in the second.
campdave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 pm

I hope we can keep hold of both Craney and Jevons for the whole season. If somebody came in and offered money for I can't see them being allowed to remain on loan at Christie. Having three loan players in the starting eleven is quite worrying IMO, especially as all three look like they will have important roles to play as the season unravels, and with the long term injury to Fraser all three players don't appear to have like for like replacements ready and waiting in the squad.
RedRedWine1

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm

I think he played really well against Rochdale. I think partnering him with Mullin is working really well.
Little Shrimp

Postby rickster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Think that jevons has been great but dont agree with twiss being dropped last night has he has worked hard this season. with mullin stating its going to be even more long balls being pumped up to evey chance we get
rickster

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:32 pm

rickster wrote:Think that jevons has been great but dont agree with twiss being dropped last night has he has worked hard this season. with mullin stating its going to be even more long balls being pumped up to evey chance we get

You've got to admit that Mullin held the ball up better than anyone we've had at the club for a long time, he was also pulling their defence all over the place giving Jevons the space and time to bury his chances in front of goal but no matter who plays up top we always revert to hoof balls when the pressures on.
HALMA 1983

Postby rickster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:34 pm

yes but every goal kick was targeted for mullins head
rickster

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:35 pm

rickster wrote:yes but every goal kick was targeted for mullins head

Did he ever lose one though? ;)

I see Mr Howe is on a Hattrick for Lincoln :o
HALMA 1983

Postby rickster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:45 pm

yes but how many times did he mange to find his own players he kept losing the ball from headers
rickster

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Jevons first finish was a good one, right in the bottom corner no one was getting to that and he did well with the second... I'd also like to say how well Mullin played in his first match. Shame he didn't score that header... But yeah from this i would honestly say that we are on the turn.

One little niggle. The defence fell apart after they scored thier first one. Shame really.
All credit to Rochdale they were a very vcreative and attack minded team that got a kick up the bum at half time and came out and showed us who was boss! But we did own the first half ;)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby eggchaser » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I hope we can keep hold of both Craney and Jevons for the whole season. If somebody came in and offered money for I can't see them being allowed to remain on loan at Christie. Having three loan players in the starting eleven is quite worrying IMO, especially as all three look like they will have important roles to play as the season unravels, and with the long term injury to Fraser all three players don't appear to have like for like replacements ready and waiting in the squad.

I think theres a rule where if you have payed any kind of money to take the player on loan (not counting wages) then they cannot be recalled by the team they are on loan from.. I may have made this up though :lol: :lol:
I would Imagine that we payed a small sum of money to huddersfield for both IC and PJ not sure about panther though because he wanted to leave exeter.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Duffman » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:43 pm

eggchaser wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I hope we can keep hold of both Craney and Jevons for the whole season. If somebody came in and offered money for I can't see them being allowed to remain on loan at Christie. Having three loan players in the starting eleven is quite worrying IMO, especially as all three look like they will have important roles to play as the season unravels, and with the long term injury to Fraser all three players don't appear to have like for like replacements ready and waiting in the squad.

I think theres a rule where if you have payed any kind of money to take the player on loan (not counting wages) then they cannot be recalled by the team they are on loan from.. I may have made this up though :lol: :lol:
I would Imagine that we payed a small sum of money to huddersfield for both IC and PJ not sure about panther though because he wanted to leave exeter.

It was stated that both IC and PJ can be recalled in January. Basically we're a shop window for the them, if they play well here they might be sold by Huddersfield come January.

It's a win win for Huddersfield. It'll be interesting if they keep up their form until then.
Duffman

Next

Return to General Discussion