Where is the main problem ( apart from the obvious )

Where is the main problem ( apart from the obvious )

Postby Jolly rog branch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Although i could not go to tomights game it seems there were a good few who did and i would just like their opinion and anyone elses for that matter on this topic, lets try stick to the topic and all have a view on what where or even who needs changing, we all have our favourites but lets all be honest, what needs changing ie would you change formation, where needs changing ie defence midfield attack or maybe all three and finally and most interesting who, come on who would you leave out or drop from the squad, personally i think gary hunter deserves a start as i thought he was excellent against Carlisle, obviously defence is an issue but i dont know where i would change that at the mo, with Haining injured i dont think anyone on the bench ie McStay or Parrish are better than what we ahve and attack maybe give mullin and jevons afew games first so thats my view, lets her everyone elses,
Jolly rog branch

Re: Where is the main problem ( apart from the obvious )

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Drummy needs dropping for me, not been impressed at all with him. IMO has been our worst player in last 3/4 games, now GH is back give him a go.
Last edited by outsider on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Pandashrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Tough one as on paper we have such a good squad this year. Clearly games aren't played on paper however.

Bentley is well off the pace and everytime he gets dragged out by any movement we have no cover filling in. Mcstay in for a couple of games to allow Jimbo to get some sharpness and fitness.

We look horrific from set pieces. I can't watch when we concede a corner.

We have no pace in the team. When any team runs at us we look vulnerable. For me Drummond shouldn't be playing now. Great servant to club and still a decent player, but for me the energy of Hunter or Stanley would be a better option alongside Manny, allowing Craney all the creative freedom he wants.

We are however looking much better with the ball and have threats in abundance now.

Next game 4-4-2 diamond. Manny, Hunter, Stanners and Craney in Middle. Mcstay in or Adams at centre half. Keep the front two.
It will come good soon ;)
Pandashrimp

Postby mfcbro » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Dont like having a go at individual players but playing as we were tonite 4-4-2 moss and adams are not good enough as left and right backs,which drags Bentley and Artell out of position and leaves gaps behind them.While i am at it i think Sammy should shoulder the blame as well he picks the team and the tactics,saw him leaving about 15-20 minutes after the final whistle,not happy.There we are my opinions feel free to shoot me down.
mfcbro

Postby Arnside Red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 pm

most of the gaps tonight were the result of Jimbo and Artell marking the same player or when Jim was wandering aimlessly around our pen area marking fresh air, truly the worst game i have seen him play in a MFC shirt, him and Artell just hoofing the ball upfield to the opposition also kept us under pressure for much of the second half, got a bit more lively when Hunter came on, why was Jev taken off, was it an injury, although I guess to be fair Twiss looked quite sharp tonight
Arnside Red

Postby the stowford press » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 pm

mfcbro wrote:Dont like having a go at individual players but playing as we were tonite 4-4-2 moss and adams are not good enough as left and right backs,which drags Bentley and Artell out of position and leaves gaps behind them.While i am at it i think Sammy should shoulder the blame as well he picks the team and the tactics,saw him leaving about 15-20 minutes after the final whistle,not happy.There we are my opinions feel free to shoot me down.

sammy shoulder the blame!!!!!,no no no no no no no sammys god!!,got the tactical knowhow of kevin keegan and inspirational motivation of steve maclaren,all in all a modern day........sammy macilro....y,oh dear :( :(
the stowford press

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

The buck stops with the manager !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Abbo

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:02 pm

What were certain people on here saying after the dismall preseason then after the first couple of games, IN SAMMY WE TRUST !!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Abbo

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 pm

The buck doesn't stop with the manager, thats just for dreamers who think another manager will come in and save us with the exact same squad.
Sammy's amassed the best squad i've ever seen at MFC, just crappy mistakes and key players injured during pre-season that has left us with a frail defence.
It doesn't help when the quality center back brought in gets injured right away either.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parceldave » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 pm

mfcbro wrote:Dont like having a go at individual players but playing as we were tonite 4-4-2 moss and adams are not good enough as left and right backs,which drags Bentley and Artell out of position and leaves gaps behind them.While i am at it i think Sammy should shoulder the blame as well he picks the team and the tactics,saw him leaving about 15-20 minutes after the final whistle,not happy.There we are my opinions feel free to shoot me down.

OK , I will shoot you down as i thought the two full backs played ok , Darren Moss was just in front of us in the paddock and put in some great tackles as did Adams in the second half . Your right about the centre backs being out of position though and leaving gaps as they looked like a couple of stangers who had never played in the same team before . :o Its not rocket science when you concede so many goals in such a short time that your tactics are wrong and drastic measures are called for . ;) ;) ;)
parceldave

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Of course the buck stops with the manager, he picks the team, he tells them what tactics he wants them to play, and unfortunatly he gets them wrong.
Abbo

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 pm

So first half Sammy is manager of the month, 2nd half sacked? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby John L » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:25 pm

ezz wrote:The buck doesn't stop with the manager, thats just for dreamers who think another manager will come in and save us with the exact same squad.
Sammy's amassed the best squad i've ever seen at MFC, just crappy mistakes and key players injured during pre-season that has left us with a frail defence.
It doesn't help when the quality center back brought in gets injured right away either.

You know something, ezz? That's the best post you've made! Totally agree with you there! ;)
John L

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 pm

So your saying that the team went out in the second half and took it on themselfs to sit back for nearly all of the second half and let the opponents make em look like a sunday league side are you ??
Abbo

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Abbo wrote:So your saying that the team went out in the second half and took it on themselfs to sit back for nearly all of the second half and let the opponents make em look like a sunday league side are you ??

It's all about mentality at that point, once the team gets on the back foot and it seems they came out in the 2nd half thinking they only have to 'hold on' (why would they think they'd conceed 3 if they defend more). Once Rochdale scored the first it was then panic and they proabably tried even harded to defend the lead, its very hard for a whole team to change back to the way they played the first half once they fall into that mentality.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 pm

John L wrote:
ezz wrote:The buck doesn't stop with the manager, thats just for dreamers who think another manager will come in and save us with the exact same squad.

You know something, ezz? That's the best post you've made! Totally agree with you there! ;)

Thanks John, I just really hate the 'bring a new manager in and everything will change' mentality. Look where it got newcastle.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 pm

But then surely thats when the manager changes things around and not wait till they have pulled 3 goals back ??????
Abbo

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 pm

He did change things around, but 2-3 players isn't going to change it enough so Sammy put Hunter on to try and strengthen the effort to defend the lead as it seemed we just wern't going to try and attack.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 pm

And im not calling for the managers head (just yet) but i do think he needs to turn things round very very quickly
Abbo

Postby ockers » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 pm

this is going to be an incredibly tough month

Rotherham A
Notts County H
Dagenham A
Bradford City H

Brave person might say we will be on P10 12pts.......
Hopeful person who might say we will be on P10 10pts
Realistic person who might say we will be on P 10 8pts
It will be ned who probably will say we will be P10 6pts

im with the brave person....well you know me...... :geek:
ockers

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Mfc bro is spot on

Moss was caught out of position all night especially in the second half. Now yes he was pushing up as wing back so fair enough the problem then was Jimbo had to come across and cover at right back (that is why he was prob wandering about) but then Moss wasn't tracking back very quickly when he finally got back he went to CB where Jimbo should be but when Jimbo returned Moss just stood there next to him so the defence was all at sea and we still had no right back just two CB's stood on top of each other.

Why do you think in the second half Rochdale just played it all down their left win/our right back.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ockers » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Mfc bro is spot on

Moss was caught out of position all night especially in the second half. Now yes he was pushing up as wing back so fair enough the problem then was Jimbo had to come across and cover at right back (that is why he was prob wandering about) but then Moss wasn't tracking back very quickly when he finally got back he went to CB where Jimbo should be but when Jimbo returned Moss just stood there next to him so the defence was all at sea and we still had no right back just two CB's stood on top of each other.

Why do you think in the second half Rochdale just played it all down their left win/our right back.

as carlisle did on tuesday?
ockers

Postby patrick_peters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 am

the main problem with the club morecambe is that we dont have good enough players to win the league and therefore get promotion to league 1 which would be really good for the club and the town and the player but they are not good enough we need to buy players like sol cambel like notts forest have and people like that to get a better team.
patty
patrick_peters

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am

patrick_peters wrote:the main problem with the club morecambe is that we dont have good enough players to win the league and therefore get promotion to league 1 which would be really good for the club and the town and the player but they are not good enough we need to buy players like sol cambel like notts forest have and people like that to get a better team.
patty

Have we not come across patrick before in a previous incarnation little mischief maker :?: :?: :?: :?
Blackburn shrimp

Postby patrick_peters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:15 am

well i dont understand why notts can buy playres like cambell and we cant? old ex prem players wth good experience is what we need in the back 4 imo.
this is my first account i only learned about shrmps voices from a friend who took me to my first morecambe game this season?
patty
patrick_peters

Next

Return to General Discussion