Sammy out

Sammy out

Postby hoooti » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm

I do feel we need a more astute attacking forward minded Manager. Sammy as a manager has always been hard to beat but no real guts in the team going forward and if our defence is less than rock solid then we are find out!!!

Time to try some else maybe!!!!
hoooti

Re: Sammy out

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 pm

We just drew 3-3, I think it's a defensive minded manager we need :lol:
Just kidding, in my opinion are defence is terrible and Sammy will have to fix it fast. But its not sammy's fault that our defence which isn't normally this bad is performing like children
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 pm

its a results business isnt it?
I'm sure Sammy is feeling the stress of the situation
hence the quick exit tonight
its going to be an incredibly tough season this one
another man who will be feeling it at the moment was there tonight
John Coleman... bet he enjoyed our first half though
ockers

Postby Vinny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Sammy made substitutions earlier than he usually does tonight. Always easy in hindsight, but at the time when Dale scored their first, I thought then was the time to make the changes to bring Twissy on for Jevons (fresh legs and hunger and competition for more goals) and Hunter on for Drummy to tighten up midfield. Sammy almost got it right, but I couldn't see why Craney was subbed. I agree, Sammy's tactical awareness has room for improvement, but I'm sure and confident Sammy and Lill's will see us right.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 am

another man who will be feeling it at the moment was there tonight
John Coleman... bet he enjoyed our first half though[/quote]

maybe he enjoyed our second half more :o
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:14 am

Sammy out - what a load of tosh (we have played six league games ffs) - give the guy a chance to turn things around ..... Changing managers so much does not always work just ask norwich,charlton,sheff wed,notts forest,southampton etc
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby rossi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:33 am

behave !!!!! how can you judge someone afta the 1st few games of a new season, your unbelievable. what happens if we get rid of him and try a new manager and he doesnt get the desired results, do we get rid of him as well, and keep trying this process untill we get thru a good 4 or 5 different managers ??? fair enuf 2nite was prety bad throwing away 3 goals, but why want a change afta what sammy has done 4 us as a club, he could of left us 4 a new club ( a championship club or league 1 club ) but he stayed with us and fair play 2 him. how would he feel if he read this !!!! instead of getting on his back, lets get behind him and the players and turn it around .... by beating Notts County nxt home game and show Sven who really are contenders for promotion 8-)
Come on You Shrimps :D :D :D :D
rossi

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:39 am

Well said rossi i totally agree with your post......
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:31 am

he's not fire-proof!!

although i know he got us in L2, but! if he gets us relegtaed after he's had the money to push us up..

am sorry left wing Morecambe fans??
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:24 am

What's an individual's political stance got to do with whether or not they wish the manager to keep his job, other than sod all?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 am

We might be near the bottom but theres no way in hell I think we'll be relegated this season, everyone is more dissappointed that we aren't top of the league with all the exciting signings. I must admit I thought we'd be in the top 10 at least after the first few games, wake up call has arrived and were starting to get our act together. Tough games this month will show us what we are capable of.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 am

DawZi wrote:he's not fire-proof!!

although i know he got us in L2, but! if he gets us relegtaed after he's had the money to push us up..

You appear to have no long-term vision. Every manager needs time to work out little problems and it would be extremely unfair to sack Sammy after only 7 games, especially with the injury problems we've had. I think most people are in agreement that we're getting better every game (slow progress as it may be) and look at last season...won 1 in the first 17 and still had our best season ever.
Harry

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 am

hoooti wrote:I do feel we need a more astute attacking forward minded Manager. Sammy as a manager has always been hard to beat but no real guts in the team going forward and if our defence is less than rock solid then we are find out!!!

2 words "Shut Up"
thegentlegiant

Postby BLS BOY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 am

Changing managers, as stated in another post, doesn't always work, however S.M's attitude concerns me.

Hereford, Macc, Burton, and now Rochdale, whenever we leak goals at a crucial time, he doesn't seem to have any idea how to raise the lads spirit, instead leaving it to Mark.

If he goes, it would NOT suprise me at all...but with the run of games coming up, i just don't know where our next point will come, never mind a win!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby trojan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 pm

A change of manager at this stage is not the answer because any new person would have to work with the existing squad. However I do feel that we have stayed too loyal to our back four and now it needs major surgery.
We must have the slowest defense in the league relying on "experience" to see them through which ,on last nights display, is too easily found wanting by any team with pace.
Time for a sweeper perhaps?
trojan

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:50 pm

rossi wrote:
what happens if we get rid of him and try a new manager and he doesnt get the desired results, do we get rid of him as well, and keep trying this process untill we get thru a good 4 or 5 different managers ???

Works for Newcastle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Forget all this talk of the Manager going...............It's not the answer and I still feel with this group of players we can rectify this situation and move forward.
Take a leaf out of OLDHAMS book :evil: had a very decent season last year for a small time club without any money, The manager (Sheridan) was sacked (fans like on here calling for heads etc) and the decent players he brought in left, you only have to look at what's going on now with 2 home defeats in 1 week.
Let's hang on to what we have, realise just how far we've progressed and have faith that we're going to stay in this division come the day of judgement.
HALMA 1983

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Harry wrote:
DawZi wrote:he's not fire-proof!!

You appear to have no long-term vision. Every manager needs time to work out little problems and it would be extremely unfair to sack Sammy after only 7 games, especially with the injury problems we've had. I think most people are in agreement that we're getting better every game (slow progress as it may be) and look at last season...won 1 in the first 17 and still had our best season ever.

id been drinking last night after the match, i was just happy we got a point in the end up although Twiss made a impact when he came on, i would have like him on the left mid-field and Wilson in defence am not saying sack him just yet. he just needs to sort the full-back situation out before its to late
George Dawes

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:19 pm

We also had a few dodgy decisions from the officials not helping matters, Twissy being pulled back when clean through was the most obvious with both Ref & Liner close to the incident, one might miss it but BOTH??? :evil:

It'll all come good but expect the Alamo for the next 4 games :?
HALMA 1983

Postby patrick_peters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:26 pm

mark shore would do a better job as manager
patty
patrick_peters

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:33 pm

plus the ref gave Mullin nothing, and gave there defenders free kicks everytime for bouncing off him
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion