Morecambe 3 Rochdale 3 Jevons (2) Craney F/T

Re: Morecambe 3 Rochdale 3 Jevons (2) Craney F/T

Postby apps16 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Rochdale were back out on the pitch raring to start the second half long before morecambe came out of the changing rooms! Surely it should have been us back on the pitch ready to make a start for the second half first. Surely Sammy would have only needed to have a said a few words at half time. "Well done boys, now get your arses back out there and give us more of the same".
apps16

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Panther and Drummond are not alike at all - Panther actually makes tackles which is what Drummond doesnt do at all. Drummond should be dropped in my opinion, its not like we dont have other options there.
Morecambe Jack

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 pm

I really don't know what to say other than I got the scoreline correct and was exactly 200 out on the attendance, 1st half as good as i've ever seen with our tails well and truly up (basically in cruise control) but the 2nd I really can't understand why straight from the whistle we suddenly went into our shells??? :? over defensive!!! and not at all what anyone watching was expecting is my guess :o
YES it was obvious that Rochdale would be coming out all guns blazing in order to make a fist of it and their manager rang in the changes in order to do just that and from the moment the first went in you could just see the writing was on the wall unless Sammy reacted with attacking measures to restore the balance and help quell any possible revival (maybe the pace of Duffy or trickery of Wainwright?) instead he took off Craney who was possibly our most creative player and this inturn brought them even more joy in midfield which they over ran soon after.

3-0 up is a luxury that you should embrace and build on, inviting problems by sitting back and very nearly throwing away the lot was suicidal and just poor tactics but i'm sure Sammy knows that all too well after the event,
Paul Mullin was superb as expected and if we can build on the first halves performance and learn lessons from the very forgettable second then I really think we have the makings of a very good side here.
HALMA 1983

Postby steve mfc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Most of our problems were down the right hand side of the pitch, that's why i think Sammy took Craney off and put on Hunter to give some protection to Moss who had a poor game.

So why did we not have one defender on the bench tonight and against Carlisle no attackers, at least if Parrish or McStay had been amongst the subs then Moss could have been replaced or changed the system to three centre backs.
steve mfc

Postby marky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Possibly because the manager has lost the plot? I've been busy all night so I've only just seen the score. I honestly cannot believe it. You should NEVER lose a 3-0 lead and to do so is simply unforgivable. To have no defenders on the bench when we have 10 of them in our squad is verging on unfathomable, just as was the fact we had no attacking players on the bench against Carlisle. IF we still haven't won come the end of this month, then I for one hope that the directors show the ruthless streak they portrayed when Harvey was sacked.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Anyone else keep thinking about banging their head against a wall? The result Tonight has only just sunk in.... FFS :x
Crooky MFC

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Anyone else keep thinking about banging their head against a wall? The result Tonight has only just sunk in.... FFS :x

I'm off to sink my head into a welcoming pillow forgetting this nightmare.........As Brucie would say 'GOOD GAME! GOOD GAME!' :cry:
HALMA 1983

Postby parceldave » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

steve mfc wrote:Most of our problems were down the right hand side of the pitch, that's why i think Sammy took Craney off and put on Hunter to give some protection to Moss who had a poor game.

So why did we not have one defender on the bench tonight and against Carlisle no attackers, at least if Parrish or McStay had been amongst the subs then Moss could have been replaced or changed the system to three centre backs.

Your totally wrong about Moss , who in the first half probably had his best 45 mins this season. Im not a big fan of Danny Adams purely because he lacks pace , but i thought he did ok tonight . But there is a big problem in the heart of our defence im afraid , neither of the centre - backs could break up the Rochdale attacks or put their foot on the ball with any composure and find a man , and thats why we were under so much pressure in the second half. :oops:
parceldave

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 pm

So this is how AC Milan felt, only a little worse :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 pm

ezz wrote:So this is how AC Milan felt, only a little worse :lol:

:lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby steve mfc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 pm

parceldave wrote:
steve mfc wrote:Most of our problems were down the right hand side of the pitch, that's why i think Sammy took Craney off and put on Hunter to give some protection to Moss who had a poor game.

Your totally wrong about Moss , who in the first half probably had his best 45 mins this season. Im not a big fan of Danny Adams purely because he lacks pace , but i thought he did ok tonight . But there is a big problem in the heart of our defence im afraid , neither of the centre - backs could break up the Rochdale attacks or put their foot on the ball with any composure and find a man , and thats why we were under so much pressure in the second half. :oops:

Well that's your opinion, i will stick with mine he was constantly out of position, for some reason he also kept drifting into the centre of defence leaving someone else to go into the right back position, backs of the player he is up against allowing them to cross the ball, he is struggling at the moment and im not the only one who thinks that way.
steve mfc

Postby Mike Blackstone » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:46 am

I have to say that for a neutral fan, such as myself, this was a cracking game of football to watch. if only they were all like that!

It was my first visit to Christie this season. Friday night games are a great idea, as purely from a selfish point of view it enables me to get to two matches over the weekend.

Also what a an excellent match programme again this season. Top work Sean. A most enjoyable evening of football.
Mike Blackstone

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:12 am

Mike Blackstone wrote:I have to say that for a neutral fan, such as myself, this was a cracking game of football to watch. if only they were all like that!

It was my first visit to Christie this season. Friday night games are a great idea, as purely from a selfish point of view it enables me to get to two matches over the weekend.

Also what a an excellent match programme again this season. Top work Sean. A most enjoyable evening of football.

it must have been a great game for a neutral like they say its a gmae of two halfs
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion