Morecambe 3 Rochdale 3 Jevons (2) Craney F/T

Re: Morecambe 3 Rochdale 3 Jevons (2) Craney F/T

Postby parkyboy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm

What has happened to Haining
parkyboy

Re: Morecambe 3 Rochdale 3 Jevons (2) Craney HT

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Jolly rog branch wrote:read the comments Keith, thats where i get that from, always the same, 3-0 up at half time and everything is ok but once we concede thats it were too weak at the back...

I largely agree with you and yes, if we can get that bloody win, confidence would come back, but as I said, the quotes were from the commentary team. They were the ones saying that all three goals were down to poor defending. As it is, it sounds like we were lucky to get a point.

They were direct quotes from a reasonably 'balanced' commentary team, goodness knows what will happen on here later.

Lance has just summed it up in answer to what went wrong, "instead of saying it's 3-0, we'll hold on to it, we should play to our strengths and attack... ...let's make it six".
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm

parkyboy wrote:What has happened to Haining

injured
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 pm

A G A I N ? ? ? :shock:
Joel Ninety

Postby Jolly rog branch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

maybe i am ezz but i dont get paid to pick the team and like you i am more than entitled to my opinion, people are always on about the defence although i think its stronger than last season, strange really, who would you drop or play then if you had fully fit squad to chose from
Jolly rog branch

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

dont hold your breath with this team,weve talked about gelling and all that sh..t,we are simply not goin anywhere.3-0 up at half time and we end up a draw,

as last year,draw merchants.......................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 pm

What was tonights attendance, looked a large crowd near 3000
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Buzza wrote:Leave danny adams out of the team. I think he provides nothing. He reads the game very well but by the time he gets to were he needs to be there players have outpaced him.
Just think we need to stick with the same defence for a few games then see how stuff goes

I take it you weren't listening to the commentary? Obviously it isn't easy to tell for sure, but from the commentary, Adams was about the only defender to play well. Jimbo at fault for one, Artell at fault for one. Adams beat players and set up attacks in the first half (obviously no one set up attacks in the second half!) Danny is turning into the defence whipping boy, yet he was one of my 'MotM' considerations against Hereford.

The problem is, I don't know what the answer is. What I do know is a couple of excellent Roche saves and the post saved us from being empty handed.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:What was tonights attendance, looked a large crowd near 3000

Thats crap surely 2,367 - http://www.morecambefc.com/page/MatchRe ... 92,00.html
Loyalsupporter

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:What was tonights attendance, looked a large crowd near 3000

2367 of which 614 from 'dale

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Keith wrote:

2367 of which 614 from 'dale

where do you get the away attendance figure from ?
Loyalsupporter

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Cant comment on tonight as not been due to work but 23 goals against in 8 games is quite simply not good enough and i am afraid to say is relegation form (if you score 3 at home you should and must be winning games in my humble opinion)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Neil Marsden announced it to the press box during the game, so heard over Morecambe Player.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 pm

First Half - Fantastic, finally we are getting somewhere and we're going to get our first win :)

Second Half - Oh no, we sat back and invited them onto us for the whole half, what was that all about :? IMO Drummond should have been subbed for Hunter when it was 3-1, he wasn't making tackles & it cost us. Twissy looked immense when he came on, should have scored though with a minute to go of the original 90.

2300, wtf ?? Surely that can't be right.
Crooky MFC

Postby Farnsfield Shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Poor turnout from us. They will all be there for the last game at Christie. Not the result we wanted but surely great entertainment for the crowd.
Farnsfield Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Farnsfield Shrimp wrote:Poor turnout from us. They will all be there for the last game at Christie. Not the result we wanted but surely great entertainment for the crowd.

I thought it was a good turnout, certainly alot more in the centre of the North Stand, but maybe the sides were empty?
Crooky MFC

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Shocking second half. Sorry to pick out one player but Moss is totally out of his depth, never in the right position and just nowhere near good enough. Jimbo and Arts looked like they had never met each other before!

The second half was the worst performance I have seen from a Morecambe defence. You should never lose a 3-0 lead at home ever, sort it out Sammy.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Farnsfield Shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:13 pm

But is it good, approx 1700 home fans?!
Farnsfield Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Farnsfield Shrimp wrote:But is it good, approx 1700 home fans?!

I'd say thats about right considering the start that we have had AND having us only being at 3 days ago.
Crooky MFC

Postby chipbuns » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 pm

first half - As soon as the first goal went in , we took full control, Rochdale couldn't handle Craney bursting through the centre as proved with his well taken goal. We pressured the back four which resulted in countless of errrors which we could of taken an even bigger lead into the break.

Before the first goal tho , it was very even , Panther was excellent in the centre of the park. however , "Dale" still had their chances with Roche having to make a great save early on.

Second half - total shambles! as soon as Keith Hill put Higginbotham on at half time, they woke up whilst we stayed in the changing rooms for the remainder of the match. He ripped Adams to shreads and won set piece after set piece which they took advantage of. We went back to the long ball and stood off every challenge that needed to be made. Some parts of the half Kennedy had so much room in the middle of the park, he could of made a cup of tea! he pulled the strings which earned them a deserved point which could have been so much more.
chipbuns

Postby Star08 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 pm

This game was the stuff of dreams and nightmares. I was ecstatic at end of first half, convinced we were going to win, and looking forward to more goals being scored by the Shrimps. The team looked like winners for once, hungry for the ball, attacking, shooting, scoring ... but that didn't last long did it? Second half arrived and the squad were complacent, inconsistent and looked as though they were afraid of going near the ball until Rochdale scored their 3rd goal. What a lousy waste of a good lead! I'm really disappointed and almost as angry as I was after that dreadful game away at Accrington Stanley last year. Yes there were some unfortunated decisions by the ref, and a complete lack of awareness of Mullen being held back throughout the game, but the lads should have held the lead at the very least.
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby Shrimpman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm

We sat too far too deep in the 2nd half we had no width, the only time we had a right winger was when Jimbo(who is showing his age now) went on a run,Drummond was nearly playing as a centre half in the 2nd half.
What i want to know is were the players playing like that because Rochdale pushed us or because they played "to instruction" from Management :?: :twisted:
Shrimpman

Postby Martin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm sure the team came out for the second half after being told to keep it tight for the first 15 minutes or so; it's frustrating we couldn't do that. There's nothing wrong with our attack, we can score plenty of goals, but we don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet. 3-0 up and the game should be over. It's worrying that once Rochdale scored, we completely buckled. Had Roche not pulled off an excellent save in injury time we'd have picked up nothing.

Postitives: Despite comments on this thread, Danny Adams was perhaps the pick of the back line; Manny Panther again showed his class; Paul Mullin worked hard and won most of the balls lofted to him (once he acquaints himself with his teammates more, he'll prove useful). Twiss came on late into the game and worked his socks off.

In the circumstances It was a poor and worrying result. It leaves you with a feeling of if we couldn't win this one with 45mins to go, what game can we win?
Martin

Postby Sharpy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:46 pm

absolute shite! how can you throw away a 3-0 first half lead at home!?!?!?!?!? artell isn't fit to play for us anymore, jimbo has been aweful, moss was made to look like a 12 year old. Sammy once again managed to make the worst substitution calls ever, taking off a jevons after
scoring 2 in the match instead of mullin who had it hard from the reff and liner all game??? garry hunter put out on the right was a useless call too!!

panther and drummond shouldnt play together because they are too alike, play one of them with stanley the other player.

wilson was class most of the match but went off towards the end, jevons was all over the pitch and shouldn't have been taken off. Adams once again proved he is the best footballer in the club and put the rest of the defence to shame, aswell as most of the midfield! how anyone can moan about him is beyond me!!

Sammy realy needs to sort himself out, with this good a team we should not be throwing away 3-0 leads!! arses need to be kicked in to shape and they need to be kicked very very soon!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby apps16 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Rochdale were back out on the pitch raring to start the second half long before morecambe came out of the changing rooms! Surely it should have been us back on the pitch ready to make a start for the second half first. Surely Sammy would have only needed to have a said a few words at half time. "Well done boys, now get your arses back out there and give us more of the same".
apps16

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion