Friday Sept 11 - ominous fixture?

Friday Sept 11 - ominous fixture?

Postby Ned » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 am

I thought I would cheer people up by reminding everyone how important it is to win tonight.
Failure to win will ensure next Friday's fixture between Accy and Darlington will be bad news for us as one or both are guarranteed points. Add to this our run of extremely difficult fixtures, a number of established players on the slide, lack of pace, low on confidence and a long time since a competitive win then our league position could quickly become precarious. On the positive side if we are good enough we will we stay up but the last thing the team and supporters need is to be playing catch up.
Ned

Re: Friday Sept 11 - ominous fixture?

Postby Philja » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am

*Sniffs bait*

*Swims off*

"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:18 am

Simply Ned wrote:I thought I would cheer people up by reminding everyone how important it is to win tonight.
Failure to win will ensure next Friday's fixture between Accy and Darlington will be bad news for us as one or both are guarranteed points. Add to this our run of extremely difficult fixtures, a number of established players on the slide, lack of pace, low on confidence and a long time since a competitive win then our league position could quickly become precarious. On the positive side if we are good enough we will we stay up but the last thing the team and supporters need is to be playing catch up.

There you are ! You said the "p" word !!! I knew you had it in your vocabulary somewhere!

As for the rest of it ....................
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 am

Simply Ned wrote: a number of established players on the slide

Which ones?
campdave

Postby eggchaser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 am

ahh ned I've missed you.

you always give me a cheap laugh or two :lol:
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am

Words cannot describe
elephant_poop.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Dazzer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:38 am

Simply Ned wrote:I thought I would cheer people up by reminding everyone how important it is to win tonight.

And only 9 months to turn it around

Yep, we're doomed
Dazzer

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am

...... and, at a stroke, the world's natural order was restored.

:D

Welcome back Ned.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:40 am

We like coming from behind.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

Ned, the words "Butter Ollocks" spring to mind ! ! !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby sandgroneun » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:50 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:We like coming from behind.

Should you re-phrase that comment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sandgroneun

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

YAWN's
thegentlegiant

Postby The Fury » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Y'know, everything he has said there is pretty much correct. I think some people are responding to the poster and not the post.
The Fury

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:YAWN's

Nope I was definitely yawning at Ned, his posts are always the same....it might be ok today before the game but tomorrow he will be moaning even if we win, it's what he does best.
thegentlegiant

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:29 pm

It's not like he needs to REMIND us of anything, we know whats going on :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Abbo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Simply, where have you been, iv missed you !!!!!!
Abbo

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:06 pm

The Fury wrote:Y'know, everything he has said there is pretty much correct. I think some people are responding to the poster and not the post.

I think Ned is actually a caring sole (don't go carping on about my spelling!). He knew that a couple of weeks ago, when we were all near suicidal, one of his posts may have simply tipped us over the edge. So he waited until we'd had a chance to see there was a light at the end of the tunnel* before he posted, knowing we'd unite and be strong enough to joust with him rather than roll in to a ball and cry.

*There is definately a light at the end of the tunnel, not sure yet if it leads to the sunshine or if its the headlight of a train, heading straight for us! :roll: :shock: :shock:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby patrick_peters » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:26 pm

i think ned has made some good points in his post and i think people should really not take into account the " poster " but emphasise more on the actual "post". just my opinions though.
patty
patrick_peters

Postby CASS » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:50 pm

patrick_peters wrote:i think ned has made some good points in his post and i think people should really not take into account the " poster " but emphasise more on the actual "post". just my opinions though.
patty

You may be right but the "Poster" has made a rod for his own back with his "Posts" and a reluctance to admit that from time to time he is wrong.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby patrick_peters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:12 pm

sorry cass i did not know i am a new poster but i will be treating him with the same respect and dignity as everyone else i shall treat everyone as equals because that is the right thing to do .
patty
patrick_peters

Postby Number 1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:34 pm

If anyone hates Neds drivel it's me. However, on this occasion, I think Ned is more realistic and pragmatic than usual. If you allow yourselves to see through whatever the opposite of rose tinted glasses is, in terms of Ned's posts, then you'll realise that he raises valid points. I think from today's results, we should really hope that Accy do the business, as they seem to have pulled away for the moment. Unless, of course, their current problems see a points deduction.

You can't get away from the fact that we do indeed have a tough September, and finishing the month out of the bottom two, given the start we've had, will be a bonus. And Ned is right when he mentions players on the slide. For me Drummond and (whisper it) Bentley, have been off the pace this season and it will be interesting to see who makes way for Haining. Rochdale's second half performance outlined, if it needed it, that defensively we lack pace, and when attacked, as Dale did, we look like we're going to concede each time. This is what happened at Burton too and I think teams have sussed this. The addition of Panther has shored us up to a certain extent, but an opposition team with a few quick players rip us to shreds so we can't always rely on him. That's not being negative, that's fact.

I'm not so sure we're that low on confidence though. We're unbeaten in 4 (not counting penalty shoot outs), albeit 4 draws, and some of the football first half on Friday was great. Craney, Mullin and Jevons linked up well, and with Wilson on the left flank putting the crosses over and Moss improving game on game, I do think there's plenty to be optimistic about.

I'm not sure what happened at half time last night, but this is when a manager earns his money. At 3-0 up the message should have been keep tight. And knowing that Rochdale made 2 subs at half time, this should have been countered in some way, but it wasn't.

I am starting to ask the question, we have some good players at the club, but are the team orders and team selections good enough? Or would someone else use the players we've got more effectively?
Number 1

Return to General Discussion