Stanley going into Admin again..... ?

Stanley going into Admin again..... ?

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:01 am

I may have missed heard, but I am pretty sure it was on TV last night that Accrington Stanley, may go into administration again if the dont pay a rather large outstanding tax bill, withing the next month or so.

can anyone confirm if I have heard this correctly, as I can't find anything online.

Could this effect our latest signing in anyway ?
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Re: Stanley going into Admin again..... ?

Postby eggchaser » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 am

Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:38 am

I'm sure that Accy have not been in Administration of late. Most people know that they owe the tax man a bundle or three and that they are trying to cobble together yet another plan to satisfy the tax man. It was thought that an agreed repayment schedule had been put in place. However, it appears on the face of it, and this has yet to be confirmed that this has been put in place or has in fact not been undertaken. My sources in Accrington assume that no repayments have been made to date, otherwise why the increase in the original sum, which suggests that interest has accrued?

With regards to PM I doubt if it will have any bearing on the matter. In fact, his move was one of the need to reduce their wage bill as it is claimed that PM was the highest wage earner at ASFC.

Whatever happens one has to feel sorry yet again for the fans, who through no fault of theirs see the club that they love be in such problems.

Imagine if it was our club and how we would feel?

Thankfully we have a Board of Directors in whose guardianship of our club, we have come to trust and respect.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:38 pm

As it states in the other thread they face a winding up order from HMRC, not "just" administration. Reportedly Accy had come to an agreement months ago to pay the outstanding tax in monthly payments of £18K but because their Chairman AND the main sponsors left they had no way of keeping up.

The new regime are in the process of cutting costs and have fundraising activities in the pipeline - hopefully for them they will find oil at the end of it!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby maccawozzagod » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

begging bowls are well and truly out for us now!!!!!

anyroad, Bury fans have organised a mass visit to our ground for our FRIDAY night game against Darlo. This is borne out of a kinship developed 9 years ago when we, as lower league, organised a benefit game when they were in trouble. This has never been forgotten by Bury or their fans and they are returning the favour. Currently they are expecting a minimum of 200 fans to come along (wearing Bury colours) to help boost the gate a little. Bury fans are trying to publicise for other clubs to join in as well in a show of lower league solidarity and have the BBC and Channel M giving them assistance.

I know you owe us nowt (except maybe Paul Mullin back please) but if any of you want to join them you will be made more than welcome. Please wear your colours as well, because we'd like to thank every single one of you.
maccawozzagod

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:Bury fans have organised a mass visit to our ground for our FRIDAY night game against Darlo...
...I know you owe us nowt (except maybe Paul Mullin back please) but if any of you want to join them you will be made more than welcome. Please wear your colours as well, because we'd like to thank every single one of you.

We're playing Friday ourselves, so I doubt there will be much take up, but good luck to you guys.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:27 pm

I think any right minded footy fan would wish Accy good luck, one or two tits on here make us look stupid :roll:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Curly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 pm

One or two tits on here often brightens the day, don't you think?
especially if there Mrs Marsh's 8-) ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby maccawozzagod » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 am

lol, hadn't realised you were on the friday thing as well!

anyway thanks for the good wishes

and Curly is right!
maccawozzagod

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

Keith wrote:
maccawozzagod wrote:Bury fans have organised a mass visit to our ground for our FRIDAY night game against Darlo...
...I know you owe us nowt (except maybe Paul Mullin back please) but if any of you want to join them you will be made more than welcome. Please wear your colours as well, because we'd like to thank every single one of you.

We're playing Friday ourselves, so I doubt there will be much take up, but good luck to you guys.

We are THIS Friday (weather permitting) not NEXT Friday when their game is being played :D

As much as i'd like to see us put one over on Stanley on the pitch, off it i'd like to think that some of us would see it from their fans point of view and maybe help by way of small donation?
REMEMBER how the Ultra's showed their support for our club in the Play-offs?

Macca i'll be intouch on your site with a donation to the cause and you can send me one of your 'Save Stanley' bands for the youngest when you get em ;)

In the meantime I hope it all gets resolved fast.
HALMA 1983

Postby Richard Head » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 am

Just heard from a friend in yarkshire that Farsley Celtic have gone under. Always sad to see any club go out of business
Richard Head

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:14 am

Ah, different Fridays (to be fair, Macca's post didn't give a date!)

Anyway, looks like Shrimper has caught CC-itus, and started a new thread, if people want to go...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4748
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am

Curly wrote:One or two tits on here often brightens the day, don't you think?
especially if there Mrs Marsh's 8-) ;)

Take your pick 8-)
blue tits.jpg

michelle_marsh4.jpg

Answers on a postcard :lol:
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 am

If I have read the statement on the Accy website correct then the supporters club has offered to pay the full debt up but in return for 50% share in the club.However the new chairman wants to see if he can sort it out first before selling off half the club.

I think they will be ok and the staement is quite positive saying that because they have to pay it off quicker it might be a positive thing as they wont have the debt hanging over them for the next year.

I just hope they can meet the deadline.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Burnley are giving Accy a friendly that should raise a few £££££££££££££

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/burnleyfc ... 5619691.jp

On that basis the tax man will win twice :evil:

Say they get a crowd of 10,000 @ £10 a ticket = £100,000 therefore also receiving £13,000 in V.A.T.

No doubt they won't get tax relief!

...or is a charity match exempt? :roll:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 am

marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:44 am

marky No.1 wrote:Burnley are giving Accy a friendly that should raise a few £££££££££££££

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/burnleyfc ... 5619691.jp

On that basis the tax man will win twice :evil:

Say they get a crowd of 10,000 @ £10 a ticket = £100,000 therefore also receiving £13,000 in V.A.T.
No doubt they won't get tax relief!

...or is a charity match exempt? :roll:

..assuming that they pay it!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion