Bradford Good Friday

Bradford Good Friday

Postby marky » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:40 am

I see it's now a 15:15 kick off. The attendance is gonna be hit by this - a large number of people still work on this day.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Bradford Good Friday

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:35 pm

na i'm sure loads of people in Morecambe will have to go to the doctors on that day ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:51 am

heysham_mfc wrote:na i'm sure loads of people in Morecambe will have to go to the doctors on that day ;)

On a Bank Holiday? :lol:

I will have to work and there's every chance I won't be finished until 4:30pm.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:21 am

sh... :o
well I am off fridays anyway so I am ok :)
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:na i'm sure loads of people in Morecambe will have to go to the doctors on that day ;)

On a Bank Holiday? :lol:

I will have to work and there's every chance I won't be finished until 4:30pm.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Once again our great plod have shot themselves in the foot (just like they did against Lincoln when they thought there was going to be a hooligan fest in the York which never did, and never ever was going to materialise).

Last season we played Bradford on a Friday at 7.45pm. They got into town early but I didnt hear any stories of mob violence breaking out in Morecambe. Quite a few of their "Boys", without tickets drank in the York, there was no trouble - there are too many Morecambe/Bradford connections in the town for that. Still we have to tow the police line which quite honestly is getting bloody boring now. (Not just in Morecambe but in football in general)

What a pity they arent as reactive when trouble IS breaking out from lager fuelled fans who drink cheap ale in Wetherspoons at 9 in the morning (responsible licenceeing there then - not), then walk over York Bridge to cause trouble at half two. (Where is the call for an early kick off then - oops soory, didnt know about that certain team).

BTW - this isnt a rant against anyone in particular - just a gripe from a genuine fan who is jarred off by being told our games cant kick off at certain times because there may be some trouble. I fully agree to the moving of the game to Friday because of the Blackpool v Preston game and the overstretch of police resources. Niether am I anti police - just anti stupid decisions by them at times; hence Morecambe Micks dispair at having to work, like a lot of genuine fans on Bank Holidays.

I may get my knuckles rapped for this one but I, like many others, wear my heart on my sleeve and try to speak up for genuine fans. Come on Police why dont you actually speak to fans before making these decisions???
sgt major

Postby poulton shrimp » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:23 pm

well said mick totally agree bring back the traditional 3pm saturday ko.Bournmouth away on a Tuesday night wtf is that all about?
poulton shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:32 pm

poulton shrimp wrote:well said mick totally agree bring back the traditional 3pm saturday ko.

a 46 week season?

The reasoning behind very long trips midweek is that the league reckon there will be few people making the journey on a Saturday, so the effect of moving, say Bournemouth away, to a Tuesday night will affect less people than moving, for instance Notts County to a Tuesday night.

They're shafted either way - whatever matches they move to midweek will always affect somebody.
campdave

Postby poulton shrimp » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:37 pm

we were all looking forward to Bournmouth away game for the weekender trip now it will have to be Exeter again
poulton shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Does that mean I'll be at Deane Court all on my lonesome :cry:
:idea: I think I'll take Doris. She'll make a noise. :P
Plain Peter

Postby Why no t » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:50 pm

All they are bothered about nowadays is health and safety. They have to take precautions, but as usual they over react. Which is better than doing nothing.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby sgt major » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:05 pm

poulton shrimp wrote:well said mick totally agree bring back the traditional 3pm saturday ko.Bournmouth away on a Tuesday night wtf is that all about?

Cheers mate - another thing on this subject - Bradford fans wont travel on the Friday - shock horror - they will travel on Thursday Night and make a full weekend of it.
Now then are the police going to shut the Kings, Queens, Coast, Mermaid etc???????????
sgt major

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 pm

was looking forward to the Bournmouth gate oh well still might the trip down with any luck I will be home for breakfast :o
heysham_mfc

Postby skyecat » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:35 pm

talking of the fixtures - is it me or on Google calendars - I can`t seem to see any games for October onwards - are they on there yet?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:44 am

skyecat wrote:talking of the fixtures - is it me or on Google calendars - I can`t seem to see any games for October onwards - are they on there yet?

I haven't added them yet
campdave

Return to General Discussion