O/T Downpour in Storth

O/T Downpour in Storth

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:20 pm

In my 20 years living in South Lakes I've never seen the rain come down in such force over such a lengthy period as in the last 60 minutes. Our road is flooded with what looks like at least 6" and the drains can't cope.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Downpour in Storth

Postby John L » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:In my 20 years living in South Lakes I've never seen the rain come down in such force over such a lengthy period as in the last 60 minutes. Our road is flooded with what looks like at least 6" and the drains can't cope.

Do you think the match will be postponed tomorrow night??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
John L

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

John L wrote:
Christies Child wrote:In my 20 years living in South Lakes I've never seen the rain come down in such force over such a lengthy period as in the last 60 minutes. Our road is flooded with what looks like at least 6" and the drains can't cope.

Do you think the match will be postponed tomorrow night??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Even if it spits in Morecambe, people worry about the matches being called off.
Crooky MFC

Postby Gnasher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Looking at a garden in Christie Avenue, I'm guessing the pitch is currently flooded. However the pitch couldn't have better drainage so unless this continues (it doesn't just rain in Storth) then match on.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Given that everone on the tv told us it was going to lash it down today, are there covers on the pitch :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Gnasher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:10 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Given that everone on the tv told us it was going to lash it down today, are there covers on the pitch :?:

Dunno, away stand gets in the way of the pitch.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Gnasher wrote:
PUNKISDEAD wrote:Given that everone on the tv told us it was going to lash it down today, are there covers on the pitch :?:

Dunno, away stand gets in the way of the pitch.

No covers, went past the ground at around 5.
Crooky MFC

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Dont panic! :o

Covers would be pointless this far ahead of the match. In fact would covers be of any use at all?

I would hope that the drainage would be slightly more effective on CP than Gnashers back garden! :lol:
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Mark S wrote:Dont panic! :o

Covers would be pointless this far ahead of the match. In fact would covers be of any use at all?

I would hope that the drainage would be slightly more effective on CP than Gnashers back garden! :lol:

The pitch floods like anyone's garden, the difference being (as I pointed out) that the drainage couldn't be better so while my girlfriend's garden down Christie will still be soaking 12 hours after it stops raining, the pitch would need watering.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Gnasher wrote:
Mark S wrote:Dont panic! :o

The pitch floods like anyone's garden, the difference being (as I pointed out) that the drainage couldn't be better so while my girlfriend's garden down Christie will still be soaking 12 hours after it stops raining, the pitch would need watering.

:lol: If you look out the back window, you may see me with a fishing rod! ;)
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:03 pm

I've checked, none of the gnomes look like the Mark S I know :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, Peter can tell the difference between plastic gnomes and real people and he'd have them out of his garden :lol: :lol: :lol:
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion