Chesterfield 1 Morecambe 1

Re: Chesterfield 1 Morecambe 1

Postby shrimper » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 am

P/T Indie wrote:I see Roche got in team of the week in the paper yesterday that should shut the Chesterfield fans up who give him stick.

What was their goal like from the quick clib I saw in the pub on Saturday night it looked a bit sloppy.

Their new lad (Small) came on against tired legs and outstripped Jimbo to get the ball across, from where it was fired in and deflected into the net.

No big complaints, really. I thought we'd defended pretty well, restricting them to long range shots apart from one nice one two between Lester and Lowry which ended with a great save from Barry.

They're a decent side but they struggled to get through us and we had our share of good chances as well. Positive attitude from the start and some very good individual displays.

If we can really make use of Wilson's crosses, we should get some goals from that route this season.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby The Red Knight » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 am

P/T Indie wrote:I see Roche got in team of the week in the paper yesterday that should shut the Chesterfield fans up who give him stick.

What was their goal like from the quick clib I saw in the pub on Saturday night it looked a bit sloppy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8220731.stm

See for yourself.

Talbot smashed the ball at Lester and it deflected in.
The Red Knight

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 pm

For all you gamblers out there ~
There's a Chesterfield fan who backed Lester to score and has a few hundred quid hanging on it. As the goal had initially been given to Talbot the bookies would'nt pay him out :o

There's also a decent description here on how he scored :x

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... 20452&st=0
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion