Sol Campbell at Christie Next Month

Re: Sol Campbell at Christie Next Month

Postby campdave » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 am

sgt major wrote:
Why??????? The club is a business not a Charity, my point is there will be the "Oh let's go and see Sven and Sol" brigade - wonder if those same folk will watch us when we play Barnet (sorry lads - no offence)?

The club is going all out to get more young people in with the Kid a Quid for the JPT.

Someone actually said on this board that he knew people who would rather spend an afternoon on the lash instead of watching Morecambe, so they are out there.

If it's a business, then we should be doing all we can to get them through the door.

People need to make up their minds - do we want the floating voters to come in the gate, or just have a free for all slagging off of them.

What promotions do you run in the York to get people through the door, or do you just silently fume at those who choose to buy their booze in the supermarket.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:51 am

campdave wrote:
sgt major wrote:
Why??????? The club is a business not a Charity, my point is there will be the "Oh let's go and see Sven and Sol" brigade - wonder if those same folk will watch us when we play Barnet (sorry lads - no offence)?

The club is going all out to get more young people in with the Kid a Quid for the JPT.

Someone actually said on this board that he knew people who would rather spend an afternoon on the lash instead of watching Morecambe, so they are out there.

If it's a business, then we should be doing all we can to get them through the door.

People need to make up their minds - do we want the floating voters to come in the gate, or just have a free for all slagging off of them.

What promotions do you run in the York to get people through the door, or do you just silently fume at those who choose to buy their booze in the supermarket.

Totally agree Dave......that's why I suggested considering 'special prices' for those on JSA a week or so ago, but that went down like a lead balloon.

Your suggestion would mean that the club would just about break even on the deal BUT might encourage a few more to attend more regularly. Even another 100 regulars would generate around £1000 per game!

At least it should be worth looking at by our Commercial Dept.?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am

the maths as far as breaking even doesn.t add up. Whether we offer a deal on a subsequent match or not, lets say sven and/or sol add 400 to the gate and they come back for a half price deal to the next game. Lets also assume we have the 1700 regulars, 1500 of whom also turn up for the half price deal. At the next game we have 1900 half price supporters, a drop of 750 full price tickets.

Quite a loss if the gamble to keep 100 of the 400 floaters doesn't pay off. Remember, any stub based deal opens it to everyone and reduces the incentive for season ticket sales which are advertised as an effective get so many games free option. A few half price deals and people will wonder where the saving is in paying a chunk of money up front.
Last edited by Gnasher on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby mfcbro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

Doesnt look like Sol Campbell will be playing at christie,says in paper this morning he will need a month to get his fitness back up to scatch.
mfcbro

Postby sgt major » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:06 pm

campdave wrote:
sgt major wrote:

Camp Dave - come and see me in the York to discuss my business model ;)
sgt major

Postby Andy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Ill be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

was coming up before he signed anyway :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby the stowford press » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Christies Child wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: ..wouldn't ya just love it, if they failed to gain promotion.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That'd go a long way to proving that 'you can't buy success'......Man City take note!

Sammy too!! oh thats right,we dont buy anyone :?
the stowford press

Postby the stowford press » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:52 pm

sgt major wrote:
campdave wrote:
sgt major wrote:

Camp Dave - come and see me in the York to discuss my business model ;)

a business model is the only kind of model that frequents the york :P
the stowford press

Postby Lloydie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Thought there was a wage cap in this league?
Lloydie

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Lloydie wrote:Thought there was a wage cap in this league?

It's a voluntary agreement in L2. In any case if the owners want to shell out their dosh as a "gift" to the Club, as opposed to a loan, they can spend as much as they like, hence they are now after LLungberg and Vieiri :!:

They can still go "to places like Barnet" tho and get beat :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:14 pm

I thought it was compulsary in L2 and voluntary in L1?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Harry » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm

They can class generous donations from wealthy benefactors as 'revenue' - alright if Mr. Munto Finance wants to donate 100k+ a week.
Harry

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Gnasher wrote:I thought it was compulsary in L2 and voluntary in L1?

Doh! I got L1 and L2 right but not necessarily in the right order! :lol:

However many shirts and season tickets Notts. Co. are selling they will be nowhere near the 60% of turnover :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Notts would be knackered if Michel Platini's plans came to fruition. Only true revenue via gate receipts and sales would count towards "Revenue".

Great show by Barnet on Saturday. I'm not convinced about Kasper Schmeichel in any case... If they buy a load of has been big names whos legs have gone it really won't be that good at all. They'd do better doing what Man City have done, on a relative basis that is. What I mean by that is rather than going for the likes of Campbell and Vieri, going for the best in League 2 and maybe League 1 and progressing that way. City seem to have got it right by getting established top quality Premier League players rather than going for the Etoo's, Messi's and Raul's of this world. I know they went for Kaka but I think on reflection they might think that was a mistake.

At least County can have both a League 2 and a Masters Football team at the same time!!

I still don't get how they get around the system which meant we had an embargo.
Number 1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Number 1 wrote:Notts would be knackered if Michel Platini's plans came to fruition. Only true revenue via gate receipts and sales would count towards "Revenue".

Great show by Barnet on Saturday. I'm not convinced about Kasper Schmeichel in any case... If they buy a load of has been big names whos legs have gone it really won't be that good at all. They'd do better doing what Man City have done, on a relative basis that is. What I mean by that is rather than going for the likes of Campbell and Vieri, going for the best in League 2 and maybe League 1 and progressing that way. City seem to have got it right by getting established top quality Premier League players rather than going for the Etoo's, Messi's and Raul's of this world. I know they went for Kaka but I think on reflection they might think that was a mistake.

At least County can have both a League 2 and a Masters Football team at the same time!!

I still don't get how they get around the system which meant we had an embargo.

Well that would knacker us up straight away.

Best goalkeeper in Roche
Best centre back in Jimbo
Best left back (but not the quickest :lol: ) in The Iron Man
Best striker of a ball in Mr T
Best central midfielder in Drummy
Best midfield destroyer Fraser

....have I forgotten anybody.....??????)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sam » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Best rose tinted glasses wearing fan? :lol:
Sam

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Sam wrote:Best rose tinted glasses wearing fan? :lol:

Keith Fitton?
:D
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Nah, that title is shared between Sean O'Connor and Mark Swindlehurst :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 pm

marky wrote:Nah, that title is shared between Sean O'Connor and Mark Swindlehurst :P

Bless you! I just prefer to enjoy my football rather than spend all week worrying about it. I leave that to those that are paid to do it. ;)

I see your prediction was close. :lol:
Mark S

Postby marky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 am

See, that's where you misunderstand me. I can get quite annoyed at matches and I most certainly enjoy debating things on here, but once the match is over or I'm on another site, I don't think about football. Mr. Cooper is fond of the saying "Don't let the football spoil your day" and I quite agree (after the match has finished :P). I definitely don't spend my week worrying about it :P

As for my prediction, is was never intended as being serious ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion