5-1 :cry:

Twiss 1st min then we go to bits.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Re: Chesterfield Predictions

Postby Mark S » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 am

marky wrote:
Mark S wrote:You little ray of sunshine! :?

It was said rather tongue in cheek though it's no more ridiculous than those predicting heavy wins for us. Btw, why not have a go at the 2 people who predicted a 4-1 Chesterfield victory?

Tongue in cheek? :roll:

I wasnt 'having a go' at you. I have nothing against you personally. For the life of me I cant put a face to the name even though I probably should seeing as we were both around in the early 90s (everyone knew everyone then!) We are both lucky enough to have witnessed the dramatic rise of this fantastic Club's fortune and success. From NPL to Football League in 12 years? Wow!

Anyway, I thought you enjoyed pi**ing people off with your views? Dont complain when you get a response to your hobby. ;) Marky, I honestly cant remember the last positive comment you made. I think that you maybe like stirring it up a bit. You are probably the opposite of me in attitude to this game. I seek out every positive and cling to them.

Like I said, not having a go, but dont be surprised when I throw a 'Tongue in cheek' comment back at you! :D
Mark S

Postby marky » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:13 am

You're quite right that I naturally err on the side of pessimism, but I don't see a problem with that. Makes the good moments all the more surprising and meaningful :P As for not knowing my face, why would you? How many times have you stood in the paddock since the early 90s? When we went to away games (which in those days was often most of them), Dad drove. Off the top of my head, I can't remember a single trip on the coach. I only know what you look like after someone pointed you out at my Grandad's funeral.

Anyway, I assume Old Man Kensey is also a ray of sunshine for predicting a 5-1 defeat? :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 pm

If as is suggested elsewhere that 'field have never had a team as quick as the present one, then I fear the worst! We just can't cope with pace because quite simply we don't have any at the back to even get near.

Prediction: 'field 3 MFC 1......but 1-1 would be an excellent result.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:If as is suggested elsewhere that 'field have never had a team as quick as the present one, then I fear the worst! We just can't cope with pace because quite simply we don't have any at the back to even get near.

Prediction: 'field 3 MFC 1......but 1-1 would be an excellent result.

We havn't got much pace anywhere at the moment , thats why we cant counter attack when we need to and take the pressure off the defence . When we do manage to get the ball forward and get the ball crossed into their penalty area ( ie Macclesfield ) there's nobody there to head or kick the ball or put defenders under pressure . :o
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:05 pm

[quote="Christies Child"]If as is suggested elsewhere that 'field have never had a team as quick as the present one, then I fear the worst! We just can't cope with pace because quite simply we don't have any at the back to even get near.

Prediction: 'field 3 MFC 1......but 1-1 would be an excellent result.[/quote]

Superb result all things considered and Sammy sounded better than of late too!

Well done fellas.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Well done abbo for your excellent prediction saying we were going to get thrashed at chesterfield ..... Never looked liked getting hammered and draw was fully deserved
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Abbo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I think if you care to look at other threads you'll see i wasnt the only 1 and also if you care to look at a later thread i DID suggest we might get something out of the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby Abbo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I think if you care to look at other threads you'll see i wasnt the only 1 and also if you care to look at a later thread i DID suggest we might get something out of the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:46 am

thegentlegiant wrote:Ill go for a 1-1 draw.

I few boos from the boo boys,

300 morecambe fans

goal scorer for morecambe, Twiss 15 min

Well my prediction skills are back to normal again, great result!
thegentlegiant

Previous

Return to General Discussion