Just got back

Just got back

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Didn't really enjoy the game.
Stood in the North Stand.
Not much atmosphere.
Nothing coming from the Car Wash, but less than a hundred folk strung the length of the touch-line won't make much noise.
In fact it was almost like looking out into a grassy wilderness

Worst thing though were the number of kids running round and being a general nuisance all the game.
Stewards were useless and completely ignored the little dears, except for a middle aged red-haired female steward, who'd have trouble catching a cold.
It's all very well saying Morecambe is a family club, but all clubs boast that these days.
This is the Football League, and kids running around, and paying little if any interest in the game simply isn't acceptable.

I think I'll stick to away games.
Last edited by Plain Peter on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Peter

Re: Just got back

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Bit old fartified if you ask me :shock:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby -Hatrick- » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Peter wrote:Didn't really enjoy the game.
Stood in the North Stand.
Not much atmosphere.
Nothing coming from the Car Wash, but less than a hundred folk strung the length of the touch-line won't make much noise.
In fact it was almost like looking out into a grassy wilderness

Worst thing though were the number of kids running round and being a general nuisance all the game.
Stewards were useless and completely ignored the little dears, except for a middle aged red-haired female steward, who'd have trouble catching a cold.
It's all very well saying Morecambe is a family club, but all clubs boast that these days.
This is the Football League, and kids running around, and paying little if any interest in the game simply isn't acceptable.

I think I'll stick to away games.

*YAWN!*
-Hatrick-

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 pm

stop the kids running around and you're likely to lose the parents that brought them. They're also the teenage supporters of tomorrow, some of whom we have already seen grow up from the running around to being the centre piece of the north stand. Eventually they will bring their own kids to run around and we start all over again.

You should have stood in the paddock.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Gnasher wrote:stop the kids running around and you're likely to lose the parents that brought them. They're also the teenage supporters of tomorrow, some of whom we have already seen grow up from the running around to being the centre piece of the north stand. Eventually they will bring their own kids to run around and we start all over again.

Thats me, started coming at the age of 7.. messed around now im 14 and im a damn serious supporter!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Gnasher wrote:stop the kids running around and you're likely to lose the parents that brought them. They're also the teenage supporters of tomorrow, some of whom we have already seen grow up from the running around to being the centre piece of the north stand. Eventually they will bring their own kids to run around and we start all over again.

There should be a segregated family area.
Is it alright for parents to mix in the thick of the North Stand 'crowd' and basically say to their kids "here's a couple of quid, now piss off until the end of the game"?

Just as you enter the North Stand area there's a sign about it being a family area, and that foul language isn't acceptable.
That's a contradiction isn't it?
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:57 pm

whats a contradiction? no foul language in a family area, sounds just about right to me.

We've already had one reply from one of your "urchins", after all the fuss you have made about getting people into the ground, are you now coming up with ideas to get rid of them?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 am

Gnasher wrote:whats a contradiction? no foul language in a family area, sounds just about right to me.

The contradiction is that the North Stand is full of football terrace language.

Gnasher wrote:We've already had one reply from one of your "urchins", after all the fuss you have made about getting people into the ground, are you now coming up with ideas to get rid of them?

Wrong. The family tickets are great. But families should have their own area, and parents should remain responsible for the kids.
Plain Peter

Postby campdave » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:32 am

I don't know why people just can't let others be.

Hardly a week goes by where one section of the ground isn't being pilloried - people for daring to talk about things not related to the match, people for only turning up for the big matches, people not singing during the match, kids running around.

Personally I go to watch the match, not have a gander at those people standing round me. You can't control 1000-odd people in the North Stand to do your exact bidding.
campdave

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 am

I really must say that from where I stand in the North Stand I have never noticed kids being a pain in the bum. The only inconvenience they cause me is when there is a queue ahead of me when I go for my half time pie! Bloomin' ankle biters, they should move to one side to let adults through first, how dare they? Going to football, spending money... :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 am

I've taken various kids, my own, those of friends and nephews and neices, for many years.

Some of them stand and watch the game good as gold. Others see friends from school and want to stand, or play about (often making several trips to the snack bar for drinks and sweets) with them.

True, I could tell them they have to stand still next to me for the entire game. But they probably wouldn't come again.

Of the ones I've taken over the years, two are now regulars (home and away), one doesn't bother any more and doesn't really watch football but usually buys a shirt every season or two. Another attends every home game and sells programmes.

Yes you could have a family area but - just like the kids - we adults like to stand with our mates, many of whom don't bring kids.

It's not a Chekhov play we've come to watch, or the Royal Ballet, it's a football game and if a few kids having a good time bothers you, when a few hundred blokes shouting and chanting doesn't, then I'm with Matty, you're being an old f@&£, Peter.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:52 am

shrimper wrote:It's not a Chekhov play we've come to watch, or the Royal Ballet, it's a football game and if a few kids having a good time bothers you, when a few hundred blokes shouting and chanting doesn't, then I'm with Matty, you're being an old f@&£, Peter.

Best to tell that female steward to stop wasting her time and energy then.
Plain Peter

Postby badger » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 pm

talking about foul language. these kids no more about foul language than any of us so called adults do. they have learnt it at school. g.c.s.e. :lol: :lol: :lol:
badger

Postby outsider » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm

badger wrote:talking about foul language. these kids no more about foul language than any of us so called adults do. they have learnt it at school. g.c.s.e. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of them know more about football than a lot of people on here as well ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Peter wrote:Nothing coming from the Car Wash, but less than a hundred folk strung the length of the touch-line won't make much noise.

When have the Car Wash ever made any noise????????? :?
Bare Ben

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Peter wrote:Nothing coming from the Car Wash, but less than a hundred folk strung the length of the touch-line won't make much noise.

When Bratfud fans had it?
morecambe mick

Postby Gnasher » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Peter wrote:
shrimper wrote:It's not a Chekhov play we've come to watch, or the Royal Ballet, it's a football game and if a few kids having a good time bothers you, when a few hundred blokes shouting and chanting doesn't, then I'm with Matty, you're being an old f@&£, Peter.

Best to tell that female steward to stop wasting her time and energy then.

Did you say anything at the time to a steward or prefer to wait and moan on the forum?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Harry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:36 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

When Bratfud fans had it?

That sounds like fiction to me.
Harry

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Gnasher wrote:Did you say anything at the time to a steward or prefer to wait and moan on the forum?

No need to speak to a steward as one was trying to do something, but she was getting run ragged.
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Peter wrote:
Gnasher wrote:Did you say anything at the time to a steward or prefer to wait and moan on the forum?

No need to speak to a steward as one was trying to do something, but she was getting run ragged.

If you didn't say anything, how did you know what she was doing? So you said nothing but chose to moan on an unofficial forum long after the event. No sympathy whatsoever for you.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Gnasher wrote:No sympathy whatsoever for you.

To be fare, given the history between you two, I'd be stunned if you did! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There, and that saves Peter having to respond to your response to his response to...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:44 pm

No more than I expected Keith, a good old moan on the forum. Whatever the situation and whoever involved, if you've got a problem with something then tell someone at the time. You can't stop kids playing on the terraces 4 days after they've left :?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Gnasher wrote: You can't stop kids playing on the terraces 4 days after they've left :?

But you can learn from it, and if there is a problem do your best to put a lid on it.
Anyway, me and Doris are upset we never got into one of your photos :) .
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Peter wrote:
Gnasher wrote: You can't stop kids playing on the terraces 4 days after they've left :?

But you can learn from it, and if there is a problem do your best to put a lid on it.
Anyway, me and Doris are upset we never got into one of your photos :) .

Oh yes you did peter, I'm saving them for an end of term special :lol:
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Keith wrote:There, and that saves Peter having to respond to your response to his response to...

I confused him instead ;)
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion